Bench Day - Not Many Left Before Meet

Monday Apr 3 Bench with the oldie.
Hit the gym on a mission. I did my normal warmup of bar for 12 with different hand positions, stretch, 12 reps with 95 again varying hand placements. Then 135 for 9 varying hand placements. Now to get to the fun stuff.
Then a double with 225 that felt too easy.
Then a triple with 250 that felt light. In fact I checked the bar to make sure I did not have 185.

Then 275 for 3 and my spotter commented how at lock out my body came off bench I had such force.

Next 300 for an easy triple. I am thru screwing around we put on my bench shirt.

The bar is loaded to 325 and we get the 2 boards. We do not really pull the shirt down much in front. I get the bar and do 3 reps in one breath. Oh man, this is wierd.

Next set full range, pause, and see what happens. The bar is loaded to 355lbs. Have never done anything more than a single with this weight. I lower the bar, pause it, and it explodes upward, then a second rep a little slower, but full lockout, then a third time I lower the bar. I pause, and drive it upward and lock it out with no, I repeat NO help.

I pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming, but I felt the pinch and no memory of Cindy Crawford so it is not a dream.

After stripping the shirt and bar I do a set of incline dumbbell presses 65 lb dumbbells for 20, yes 20 reps.

Then a set of 20 lat pulldowns with 160lbs.
Then plate raises 1 set of 20 with a 55lb plate.
Next a set of overhead extensions 20 reps with 60lbs.

I am so stoked. I will grab my wife, and there will be old people swapping spit tonight.
I have to leave to get my step daughter.
Life is good for the old guy.

Good work! So, just how old is the oldie?

[quote]Senseial wrote:
I will grab my wife, and there will be old people swapping spit tonight.
[/quote]

Thats it? Ha, kidding man.

Great work with the bench though.

Just turned 56 and enjoying life.

[quote]Timmy301 wrote:
Good work! So, just how old is the oldie?[/quote]

[quote]Senseial wrote:
Just turned 56 and enjoying life.

Timmy301 wrote:
Good work! So, just how old is the oldie?

[/quote]

After you mentioned Cindy Crawford I would have figured you to be older. Early sixties perhaps. :wink:

Congrats on the workout though. Great performance.

[quote]Senseial wrote:
Monday Apr 3 Bench with the oldie.
Hit the gym on a mission. I did my normal warmup of bar for 12 with different hand positions, stretch, 12 reps with 95 again varying hand placements. Then 135 for 9 varying hand placements. Now to get to the fun stuff.
Then a double with 225 that felt too easy.
Then a triple with 250 that felt light. In fact I checked the bar to make sure I did not have 185.

Then 275 for 3 and my spotter commented how at lock out my body came off bench I had such force.

Next 300 for an easy triple. I am thru screwing around we put on my bench shirt.

The bar is loaded to 325 and we get the 2 boards. We do not really pull the shirt down much in front. I get the bar and do 3 reps in one breath. Oh man, this is wierd.

Next set full range, pause, and see what happens. The bar is loaded to 355lbs. Have never done anything more than a single with this weight. I lower the bar, pause it, and it explodes upward, then a second rep a little slower, but full lockout, then a third time I lower the bar. I pause, and drive it upward and lock it out with no, I repeat NO help.

I pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming, but I felt the pinch and no memory of Cindy Crawford so it is not a dream.

After stripping the shirt and bar I do a set of incline dumbbell presses 65 lb dumbbells for 20, yes 20 reps.

Then a set of 20 lat pulldowns with 160lbs.
Then plate raises 1 set of 20 with a 55lb plate.
Next a set of overhead extensions 20 reps with 60lbs.

I am so stoked. I will grab my wife, and there will be old people swapping spit tonight.
I have to leave to get my step daughter.
Life is good for the old guy.[/quote]

Good work young man!

I’m 43. My guess is your max is close to 400 if your doing 355, 3X.

Try this. Warmup with 135. Jump to 225 for about 6 reps…then rip 405! Put 4 plates on each side for the bench at my gym and people stop and watch!!!

That’s the kind of stuff i love to hear.
Keep kicking ass Senseial.
I agree with hedo… it sounds to me like 4 plates a side belong to you…
Let us know how it goes.

When I got 3 plates a side, I knew I wasn’t fucking around anymore.

When I put on 4 plates a side, Everyone else knew I wasn’t fucking around anymore.

When I get 5 plates a side…well right now that seems really heavy, but then again so did the others before I kicked their asses.

Hope thats inspirational. Thats the way I meant it.