T Nation

Bench 5/3/1 Assistance

Just about to start 5/3/1 and was wondering based on peoples experiences or results what assistance they thought was best after bench 5/3/1, atm i am torn between incline and military press

Personally I like SST template or something similar where you do incline after bench and CGBP after military. I find those two assistance choices work well for both my bench and military. Also I have been getting some good results with FSL paused reps on bench.

[quote]Jordan1995 wrote:
Just about to start 5/3/1 and was wondering based on peoples experiences or results what assistance they thought was best after bench 5/3/1, atm i am torn between incline and military press[/quote]

Just do both - each in 6 week blocks. You don’t have to choose one. Seems weird to HAVE to just do one or the other. Don’t you think?

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:

[quote]Jordan1995 wrote:
Just about to start 5/3/1 and was wondering based on peoples experiences or results what assistance they thought was best after bench 5/3/1, atm i am torn between incline and military press[/quote]

Just do both - each in 6 week blocks. You don’t have to choose one. Seems weird to HAVE to just do one or the other. Don’t you think? [/quote]

Yeah i suppose. Thanks.