Bench 405 with Feet Up and Ankles Crossed!

[quote]BnchPress550 wrote:
REAL BENCHERS??? What’s the difference?? lol!! U wanna talk semantics? Do REAL benchers even arch their back? How long does a REAL bencher pause on his chest? Does a REAL bencher wear those silly sleeves on his arms when he benches? What if he does pin-pin work in a power rack? Is he still a REAL bencher?? GIVE ME A BREAK!!

The only thing I wouldn’t call REAL benching these days is this pathetic trend I see everywhere I go, where these “hardcore” guys (and girls) bring the bar MAYBE half way down to their chest, then drive it up again and again and again. That’s not a REAL bench people!! That is HALF a bench!! Stop feeding your stupid ego and whining about protecting your shoulders!!

Now benching 475 with your feet up is still damn impressive. And in case you’re wondering, I’ve benched 500 in competition weighing 238 pounds and hit 550 in the gym at a bw of 243. Hence the name!! lol!! I looked at some of your pics meat and you look like a pretty strong dude. I’ll have to dig up the video where I SNAPPED a pair of wrist wraps doing partial deads in a power rack from just above my knees with 1015lbs. Good Stuff!! I’ll put one up soon of me benching 505 like it was 275 too!

And Grettiron, what’s the goal?? You’re asking meat if you should be doing that as an assistance exercise? Well, ask yourself this…WHAT DOES IT ASSIST?? If you’re using it for bench, does it assist your lockout, your initial drive, where does it fit in?? Since this is a Powerlifing forum, there are probably some strong guys on here.

Look up some stuff about Westside, Periodization, Autoregulation! Figure out what exercises help with, or assist, your bench. I can tell one you can throw in the shitter is kickbacks!! There is a kick ass video series out there by Dave Tate called So You Think You Can Bench! Watch that, learn how to set up and get TIGHT, work on your lats and your triceps, then go bench some heavy weight.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that there is some “secret” that everyone else has that you don’t. If there is a secret, its that some guys take better drugs than you, or have more money to spend on supplements, or both. It’s not rocket science…all you’re doing is lifing weights. We aren’t brain surgeons here or creating a cure for cancer…we are LIFTING WEIGHTS!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHH…stop the press!! My buddies 3 1/2 year old daughter does that when she works out with her mom sometimes. If you want to get strong, then stop training like a bodybuilder and work on strength. The two are NOT the same!![/quote]

i was being sarcastic… why else would i have a video of me actually doing it??

i’ll put LOL after it next time.

and…it was a multiply bench shirt thank you.

almost a mishap there. i’d rather plant my feet firmly on the floor.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
^^^Man he sure is ugly too![/quote]

there’s another Outlaw bench meet in january. remember the one in the bar?? i’ll be doing it again for shits and giggles. [/quote]

Well buddy if you wanna get the gang together and head down that way for it, i’ll offer up my ride again! Im not planning on doing another real meet for a while, but a bench day in a cowboy bar owned by a tiny asian man sounds pretty good![/quote]

It does sound pretty good doesn’t it?? Where else can you drink your bodyweight in rum and coke while inhaling enough second hand smoke to last you a year?? and that’s just the warmups.

I’m so in.

You’ll need to come to the meet i’m putting on january 28th.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]Singingbear78 wrote:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
found this on youtube. pretty good if he wasn’t such a fatass.

[/quote]
Yeah would be impressive. But the elbow sleeves clearly add at LEAST a 100 pounds. [/quote]

But no wrist wraps…hmmm…[/quote]
yeah can you imagine if he had those. At least another 50 pounds…

Hey meat…on the sarcasm…Noted!! lol!!

a herculean feat if I have ever seen one. Watching someone put up 400plus pounds like that is breath-taking. Keep up the good-work man, all I can say is that is inspirational!

Lulz.

I like where this thread is going.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]RomanianRock wrote:
you natural?[/quote]

Nah brah, check out his abz and bicepz.

CS[/quote]

CS…what do my abs and biceps have to do with being natural?? Please, explain to us all so we can see how ignorant you really are!!! Have you read my bio? If not, you would see that I’ve been at it for over 26 years. Isn’t it amazing that if you actually know what in the hell you are doing, you manage to get bigger and stronger each year? AMAZING!!!

Should prob get your sarcasm detector checked

you natural?[/quote]

CS[/quote]

CS…what do my abs and biceps have to do with being natural?? Please, explain to us all so we can see how ignorant you really are!!! Have you read my bio? If not, you would see that I’ve been at it for over 26 years. Isn’t it amazing that if you actually know what in the hell you are doing, you manage to get bigger and stronger each year? AMAZING!!![/quote]

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

you natural?[/quote]

you care?[/quote]
just wonderin

Romanian…that’s cool!! I always love it when you get some Jerry’s Kid…like this CS clown…who wants to chime in on shit that he know’s absolutely nothing about! And Dixie…noted!! :slight_smile:

Romanian…that’s cool!! I always love it when you get some Jerry’s Kid…like this CS clown…who wants to chime in on shit that he know’s absolutely nothing about! And Dixie…noted!! :)[/quote]

Dude you’ve been here for less than 21 days, only have about 20 posts (half of which are going off on people that were just being sarcastic), and bragging about how awesome you are? CS has been a contributor of this community for 10x longer than you, and at only 16 years of age he somehow manages to exhibit 10x the maturity of someone who has supposedly been lifting for 26 years.

If you are going to disparage members here that are just joking around and you can’t comprehend their sarcasm, get the fuck out…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Romanian…that’s cool!! I always love it when you get some Jerry’s Kid…like this CS clown…who wants to chime in on shit that he know’s absolutely nothing about! And Dixie…noted!! :)[/quote]

Dude you’ve been here for less than 21 days, only have about 20 posts (half of which are going off on people that were just being sarcastic), and bragging about how awesome you are? CS has been a contributor of this community for 10x longer than you, and at only 16 years of age he somehow manages to exhibit 10x the maturity of someone who has supposedly been lifting for 26 years.

If you are going to disparage members here that are just joking around and you can’t comprehend their sarcasm, get the fuck out…[/quote]

Yeah he reminds me of this guy.

Ironclaws…thanks for the positive feedback. My original goal was to do a close grip bench with 405 with my feet up, but I will settle with that for now! :slight_smile: And VT…point taken!! And you’re right…I am pretty awesome…thanks for noticing!!! ROFLMAO!! I’m just fucking with you man!! You’re right, I’m sure I don’t know everyone’s sense of humor on this board, so I will take your advice and relax a bit!

If you’re looking for an ego-stoke go to the bodybuilding forum. They’ll pet you down with oil and comment how awesome you are every day. Here though, we just all encourage each other to make strides, big and small, towards bigger weights. There’s nothing paltry about a 16 year old kid putting up 225 for the first time, and we can applaud his success just as well as applaud yours at bigger weights. Most people here are very laid back and not looking for e-cock-sucking so generally if you get people being sarcastic towards you in all your threads - it means chill out with the self-glorification. As was mentioned in another thread, have a good lift? Want some props? Put it in the PR thread that we have for all here. Otherwise you’re just coming off as self-praising, egomaniac suffering from small penis syndrome. Also realize that on the internet any word ending in “Z” almost always means sarcasm same with the term “brah”.

LOL!!! Nice comment on the BB forum there. Points well taken Liquid…Thanks!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

If you are going to disparage members here that are just joking around and you can’t comprehend their sarcasm, get the fuck out…[/quote]
BAM!

Better late than never I guess huh SingingBear?? LOL!!

you natural?[/quote]

CS[/quote]

CS…what do my abs and biceps have to do with being natural?? Please, explain to us all so we can see how ignorant you really are!!! Have you read my bio? If not, you would see that I’ve been at it for over 26 years. Isn’t it amazing that if you actually know what in the hell you are doing, you manage to get bigger and stronger each year? AMAZING!!![/quote]

I don’t know man. I have been lifting for 13 years and have exactly half the abz and biceps. My skill of sneaking bench shirts under my clothes to make my internet lifting videos more attractive to a bunch of dudes I have never met before is no where near your level.

I am pretty sure CS said that in jest. Even if he didn’t, who fucking cares. You were the one that started this, and the 300 other stupid bench press threads. Deal with the responses without being a total fucking asshole to people with less experience than you (but know a whole lot more about training, CS is a smart kid).

If you are so sensitive, maybe you shouldn’t put a bunch of stupid shit all over the internet.