Benanything's Training Log

Alrighty there, this may or may not actually make it onto my training log but it doesn’t really matter now, does it? It’s just some of mah thoughts going through my head. Some of them lifting related, some of them not. Let’s see, just read through some older forum posts bout Alpha, whom I would consider one of several people I look up to over here on T-Nation and it really got me thinking about training and my general outlook at life ( Alpha, How Do You Train? & Alpha's Work - #73 by Alpha RANT #1, if anyone wants to check them out).

Let’s see so why did it bother me, well, today (20/1/2016), I benched for a couple more sets more than usual cause… Well, just cause. I just felt like I haven’t been actually doing much work for the bench(my list favourite lift). This got me to thinking, this is a MAJOR MALFUNCTION for me. Not just in terms of training but in terms of just my outlook on life in general. I tend to half ass most of the things I’m not fond of doing to be frank. I’ll just start off with the life part first. I’m a student. My “job” is to study. That being said, my results are extremely mediocre. I would attribute this to me hating my course of study but we both know that’s an excuse. It might make it harder but it ain’t impossible. Oh dang, I just thought of a video ( Cowards Talk About What They'll Never Do - YouTube ). I’ve been all talk and no action. I always tell myself, I’ll study/work/etc harder the next time and well, I’m often saying the exact same thing a couple of months later. Let’s see, what do I usually do. I’ll be fucking up. I’ll be like, you know what. Come the 1st of the next month, I’m gonna get my shit together. Obviously, it NEVER works out. I’ve been 18 for 22 days, not much has been done. I don’t know what I’m doing with my life. Granted, I could argue that most people probably don’t get life figured out until a way later point in their life but still. I don’t want to be most people. Oh and start listening to myself more. I’d lie if I said I don’t have them typical teenager drama shit, I should be avoiding them but hey, I ain’t too smart. Walking across a half built bridge and expecting to make it across, that’s me alright. I ought to change that. Now that I’m mostly done with ranting about my life and all that pansy shit…

LETS GET ON WITH TALKING ABOUT TRAINING. Training has been… passable for the past couple of months. I would like to use Alpha’s post ( Alpha, How Do You Train? - #7 by Alpha ) from 6 years ago as a reference point to how I wish to train. I’ll still be sticking to 531, possibly for the rest of the year. However, I will not be finishing the 27 week 531 BBB cycle I orignially intended on. I’ve been on it for 10 weeks, skipped 2 deload weeks so I would be at week 12/27. Part of me really wants to stick to it and finish what I started. The other part of me however… I don’t want to be stubborn, I’ll do what I feel is best for me as per the situation. I have no need of the 2nd half of the 27 weeks, they’re mainly 5x3 and 5x1. So basically, I plan to stick to 531 and well… Work my ass off. Actually put effort into my back off sets. I’ve been half assing them for quite a while. Actually work on my GPP, not just say that I will. Said I’ll work on running and I’ve yet to run at all since the start of 2016. I’ve been full of shit. I’m going to be less full of shit. One step at a time and hopefully, I make it somewhere.