Ben White vs. Jonny Jackson Results

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Westclock wrote:
Agreed.

The local boys pull 600’s. Plenty of guys here pull 500 for reps…

For someone of his size that is unacceptable. Especially considering his bench, those lifts should not be close.

Hasn’t he always stated that he doesn’t pull in his regular training? Guess that came back to haunt him now.
The bench shirts didn’t seem to make a difference… Johnnie’s bench has been 515-520 or so for ages I think…

I was suprised that white didn’t bench more, actually… I totally expected him to do 600+ after all that bravado.

i haven’t seen a vid yet. the benches were done with a bench shirt?? those numbers seem really low for equipped lifts.

were the deads raw or equipped?

i thought this was supposed to be a comp. to see who the strongest bodybuilder was… besides Stan:), not to see who could get the most out of their bench shirt. i’m confused…

[/quote]

It was all done raw.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Ben White has stated many times that he usually does not do deadlifts…which is more than likely the only reason he was much weaker…not because of overall weakness but the simple fact that he hasn’t spent years doing it like Jackson has.

I know if someone stuck me under a barbell right now my numbers might not be very impressive as opposed to something I actually do on a weekly basis.[/quote]

I mean I did 600x3 when I was like 15 pounds lighter, although I had trained it pretty consistently for a year or so. I guess my levers are better since I’m tall but 633 is pure shit, even if you don’t train it, when you are at bens size.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Westclock wrote:
Agreed.

For someone of his size that is unacceptable. Especially considering his bench, those lifts should not be close.

Hasn’t he always stated that he doesn’t pull in his regular training? Guess that came back to haunt him now.
The bench shirts didn’t seem to make a difference… Johnnie’s bench has been 515-520 or so for ages I think…

I was suprised that white didn’t bench more, actually… I totally expected him to do 600+ after all that bravado.

i haven’t seen a vid yet. the benches were done with a bench shirt?? those numbers seem really low for equipped lifts.

i thought this was supposed to be a comp. to see who the strongest bodybuilder was… besides Stan:), not to see who could get the most out of their bench shirt. i’m confused…

[/quote]
Nah, they had to wear shirts because of Inzer sponsoring the event or something like that…

They didn’t add a pound to Johnnie’s bench, and you’d expect a bit more from a guy like Ben who raw-benched 505 for 9 reps or so. He did miss a much bigger attempt at the event, also missed a slightly higher deadlift due to balancing trouble…

Here’s a quote from pl watch on that:
[/quote]
They were lifting in a classic standard blast shirt and champion suits

[quote]

Oh well.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

It was all done raw.[/quote]

Not quite, but the gear didn’t seem to do shit.

Here’s Ben’s 505x9 (belt and wrist wraps) bench vid, btw.
Gotta wait a few sec, the first lift is not what the vid’s about.

Professor X wrote:
Ben White has stated many times that he usually does not do deadlifts…which is more than likely the only reason he was much weaker…not because of overall weakness but the simple fact that he hasn’t spent years doing it like Jackson has.

I know if someone stuck me under a barbell right now my numbers might not be very impressive as opposed to something I actually do on a weekly basis.

I mean I did 600x3 when I was like 15 pounds lighter, although I had trained it pretty consistently for a year or so. I guess my levers are better since I’m tall but 633 is pure shit, even if you don’t train it, when you are at bens size.[/quote]

Dude, training it for A YEAR makes a huge difference. Like I said, I haven’t used a barbell bench in several years. I am sure my weight used would suck right now if I suddenly added it back in. It might just take me another year to get my weight used to an impressive level that actually shows my true strength level.

It just seems like some are taking that lightly. If you don’t train to do something, you won’t be good at it even if your true strength level is much higher.

I doubt Ben White gives a shit about the deadlift (from what he’s written before) until someone added it into this contest.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

It was all done raw.

Not quite, but the gear didn’t seem to do shit.
[/quote]

Are you sure? I thought it was odd that they looked shirted, but the numbers weren’t impressive for an equipped lift so I assumed it wasn’t…I dunno what to think anymore!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I know if someone stuck me under a barbell right now my numbers might not be very impressive as opposed to something I actually do on a weekly basis.

I mean I did 600x3 when I was like 15 pounds lighter, although I had trained it pretty consistently for a year or so. I guess my levers are better since I’m tall but 633 is pure shit, even if you don’t train it, when you are at bens size.

Dude, training it for A YEAR makes a huge difference. Like I said, I haven’t used a barbell bench in several years. I am sure my weight used would suck right now if I suddenly added it back in. It might just take me another year to get my weight used to an impressive level that actually shows my true strength level.

It just seems like some are taking that lightly. If you don’t train to do something, you won’t be good at it even if your true strength level is much higher.

I doubt Ben White gives a shit about the deadlift (from what he’s written before) until someone added it into this contest.[/quote]

Well I can still do 545x5 even though I don’t train it anymore, I might do the exercise once every few months or so. And for the record my form sucked balls, even when I did 600x3, and I got injured so I stopped.

Anyways, DL isn’t a hard lift to learn, I mean you just pic something up off the ground, even if your form blows you can still muscle it up. Plus he had a couple months to work on it, it’s not like the day of the comp he deadlifted for the first time.

I mean damn you give me a big crowd, some ammonia caps and that suit they were wearing and I could probably smoke a 633 right now.

I was a bit sad that after that build-up neither of them did a 6 plate bench.

Gotta agree deadlift has always been my weakest…and well I never trained it when I first started and I’m paying for it lol.
But also sumo deadlift (modified, not that real wide stance that I don’t understand how people manage to do)
is a lot more comfortable and applicable to my bodytype.
I mean everytime I deadlift conv. I just feel like I’m going to injure myself lol. But the weird thing is I can do stiff leg deads off a plate much smoother. Fuck I don’t get it.

Professor X wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I doubt Ben White gives a shit about the deadlift (from what he’s written before) until someone added it into this contest.

Well I can still do 545x5 even though I don’t train it anymore, I might do the exercise once every few months or so. And for the record my form sucked balls, even when I did 600x3, and I got injured so I stopped.

Anyways, DL isn’t a hard lift to learn, I mean you just pic something up off the ground, even if your form blows you can still muscle it up. Plus he had a couple months to work on it, it’s not like the day of the comp he deadlifted for the first time.

I mean damn you give me a big crowd, some ammonia caps and that suit they were wearing and I could probably smoke a 633 right now.

[/quote]++

yeah but you are one STRONG ASS BASTARD and i mean that as a serious compliment. My strength has always sucked ass pound for pound. I can get pretty massive but i am just not that strong…kinda sux

from what i understand about powerlifting gear (from the PLers at my gym, no real personal experience with it), you cannot just throw on a bench shirt and magically add 200lbs to your press, it takes a lot of practice to learn how to use one properly. if neither of them regularly uses a shirt in training (and why would you for bodybuilding?) that would probably explain why those numbers aren’t higher.

on a side note, that whole intermission with Stan Efferding butting in to pose his challenge was pretty annoying. I wish he had taken part in the contest itself, and i think he probably would have won, but that whole staged smack-talking misadventure just reeked of bad WWE acting. I stood there waiting for large people to lift large amounts of weight, and instead got a scene from Smackdown or something. I see their point in hyping the whole thing up for next year, but it just went on a bit too long.

[quote]morepain wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Professor X wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Professor X wrote:

++

yeah but you are one STRONG ASS BASTARD and i mean that as a serious compliment. My strength has always sucked ass pound for pound. I can get pretty massive but i am just not that strong…kinda sux

[/quote]

No the thing is that all these showoffies are just liars, 'cause we all know bodybuilders are weak.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Westclock wrote:
Agreed.

Nah, they had to wear shirts because of Inzer sponsoring the event or something like that…

They didn’t add a pound to Johnnie’s bench, and you’d expect a bit more from a guy like Ben who raw-benched 505 for 9 reps or so. He did miss a much bigger attempt at the event, also missed a slightly higher deadlift due to balancing trouble…

Here’s a quote from pl watch on that:

They were lifting in a classic standard blast shirt and champion suits

Oh well.

[/quote]

not suprised shirts didnt add much to total as shirt training is technique that must be laerned. I did 600 in an Inzer denim with a raw bench of 430 after a few weeks of technique and training. as a side note (a former PL) i can deadlift every few months and still pull 600 easily at 250 BW, interesting though is that while i had a squat of 850 plus i now struggel with 405 for reos when I manage to squat.

i have a vid on here of pulling 605 for reps axle dead. not trying to toot my own horn just saying these guys are calling themselves “the worlds strongest BBs”? the dude dave date posted on FB (forget name) way much stronger and hes a pro BB