Ben White vs. Jonny Jackson Results

Not sure if this has been posted…

"Ben and Johnnie put on a great show. Great for Bodybuilding and powerlifitng!
Ben only had 4 weeks of training which is incredible.

Ben bench pressed 573 pounds to Jackson’s 523 pound press.

Jackson won the contest pulling 815 pounds. Ben pulled 633.

JJ total- 1,338
Ben total-1,206 pounds.

Not sure on anything else, if anyone has more details please share!

I can’t believe ben only pulled 633, that’s kind of sad.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I can’t believe ben only pulled 633, that’s kind of sad.[/quote]

he put up a 573 bench like water though, BW’s DL will increase now that he’s doing it more often.

Did they squat at the meet too or no…

Dannggg. Maybe training with Matt Kroc helped? I haven’t seen anything anywhere about how Ben White trained.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I can’t believe ben only pulled 633, that’s kind of sad.[/quote]

No way in hell that White was going to win with that kind of pull. He must have known going in that he was going to lose, unless maybe he thought that JJ was much, much weaker in the bench than he turned out to be.

Do you guys know if Efferding competed? If so, what did he push and pull?

Efferding didn’t compete in this one, but he put up his hummer for anyone that can beat his raw total that he set 2 or so weeks ago, plus he is putting an additional $10K in the pot for the lift off at the O next year.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I can’t believe ben only pulled 633, that’s kind of sad.

No way in hell that White was going to win with that kind of pull. He must have known going in that he was going to lose, unless maybe he thought that JJ was much, much weaker in the bench than he turned out to be.

Do you guys know if Efferding competed? If so, what did he push and pull?[/quote]

He did a comp 2 weeks before. Total of 2221 lbs on squat+bench+dl

821bs squat (he went for 854 but had a bad start, tried anyways, and screwed his hamstring a bit)

606 lbs bench

793lbs deadlift (had to hold a bit cause of his hamstring…)

Link : Stan Efferding: The world's strongest bodybuilder - YouTube

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Did they squat at the meet too or no…[/quote]

Nope, strictly push, pull. And Intzer sponsered the event so they had some bench shirts on. Stan also slightly interupted the comp. He put up 10k of his own money for next year.

Google this to see the video:
Olympia 2009 johnnie jackson vs. ben white

that is kind of a weak pull. I dont DL very often and can pull 633

Agreed.

The local boys pull 600’s. Plenty of guys here pull 500 for reps…

For someone of his size that is unacceptable. Especially considering his bench, those lifts should not be close.

ben didnt get the 600 he got 500 something on the dead

Who cares - he’s a bodybuilder, right?

There is a video of it all on the internet.

Yeah…I thought Ben failed the 600 deadlift!

Ben White has stated many times that he usually does not do deadlifts…which is more than likely the only reason he was much weaker…not because of overall weakness but the simple fact that he hasn’t spent years doing it like Jackson has.

I know if someone stuck me under a barbell right now my numbers might not be very impressive as opposed to something I actually do on a weekly basis.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Ben White has stated many times that he usually does not do deadlifts…which is more than likely the only reason he was much weaker…not because of overall weakness but the simple fact that he hasn’t spent years doing it like Jackson has.

I know if someone stuck me under a barbell right now my numbers might not be very impressive as opposed to something I actually do on a weekly basis.[/quote]

Absolutely, I for one wasn’t calling Ben weak in the absolute sense by any means. Just surprised that he would have even challenged JJ in a push/pull PL’ing competition knowing how inexperienced he was with deadlifting. If I were him I would have just challenged him to a bench off.

Of course, maybe he did that and JJ (wisely) refused unless they also competed in deadlifting as well.

What will be interesting to see is if Ben’s back improves over the next year from regularly doing DL’s. He’s already built a hell of a back without them of course. So it’ll be cool to see if DL’s make a difference or not in appearance.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
Agreed.

For someone of his size that is unacceptable. Especially considering his bench, those lifts should not be close.[/quote]

Hasn’t he always stated that he doesn’t pull in his regular training? Guess that came back to haunt him now.
The bench shirts didn’t seem to make a difference… Johnnie’s bench has been 515-520 or so for ages I think…

I was suprised that white didn’t bench more, actually… I totally expected him to do 600+ after all that bravado.

Looked to me like Jackson could have benched more-he was rushed with his setup and liftoff

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Westclock wrote:
Agreed.

For someone of his size that is unacceptable. Especially considering his bench, those lifts should not be close.

Hasn’t he always stated that he doesn’t pull in his regular training? Guess that came back to haunt him now.
The bench shirts didn’t seem to make a difference… Johnnie’s bench has been 515-520 or so for ages I think…

I was suprised that white didn’t bench more, actually… I totally expected him to do 600+ after all that bravado.

[/quote]

i haven’t seen a vid yet. the benches were done with a bench shirt?? those numbers seem really low for equipped lifts.

were the deads raw or equipped?

i thought this was supposed to be a comp. to see who the strongest bodybuilder was… besides Stan:), not to see who could get the most out of their bench shirt. i’m confused…

they didn’t have bench shirts on.