T Nation

Ben Seath's Raw Powerlifting Training Log #1 308

My name is Ben Seath I’m a Raw Powerlifter Sponsored by AnimalPak. i’m 22 Years old Compete in the 308 Wt. Class. I’m going to be updating at least 4 times a week! I recently just started a new YouTube Channel:
This is where all my New Training Videos will be posted! 4 Videos A WEEK! SUBSCRIBE!

Right I am taking a nice long off season till December 1st where I will compete at the West Coast Open Powerlifting Championships. At the WCO I plan on ending 2012 with a BIG BANG! 2250 Raw Total is the Goal at that meet.

Best Lifts for the “BIG 3”
Squat – 859.7 --in Comp (Belt and Wraps)
Bench – 501 —in Comp
Deadlift- 700.8 -In Comp

5/3/1 Training Split
Sunday: Military Press
Monday: Deadlift
Wednesday: Bench Press
Friday: Squat

Well I didn’t get my Goal of 6 Reps I was 1 Rep Shy ended up getting 5 Reps. Still Happy with the amount of Progress I have made on the deadlift! Next Week I have 615 For a Max Rep I again want to match what I pulled this week. Goal is 5 Reps.

1 1/2 Inch Deficit Deadlifts
135–1 X 10
225–1 X 10
315–1 X 6
405–1 X 5
455–1 X 3
520–1 X 3
585–1 X 5 PR!

45 Degree Back Raises
BW–2 X 20
45–2 X 12

Backward DB Lunges From A 4 Inch Deficit
35–4 X 8
45–1 X Failure

Lying Leg Curls
4 X 10-12

Standing Calf Raises
3 X 21’s (7 Toes in, 7 Toes out, 7 Normal)

Same Protocol as my other New Videos! I’m still making Improvements and I will keep getting better at them. If you have any Ideas that can make my Video’s Better Hit me up!!

Ben Seath, of course everyone knows who you are. Nice to see you posting here again. ( been having to follow your log on an unnamed site)

Are you going to do any USAPL like Rice is, or sticking with your current feds. Your squat is ridiculous, What programs would you say benefited your squat and bench most since those seem to be your powerhouse numbers (even though a 700 DL is ridiculous as well)

Any ways, good shit ill be following.

OOOoOOHH MAN! This log is gonna be so awesome!!!

You’re 22?! Can you teach me how to be insanely strong?

Seriously, though, I’m going to be following this log for sure. Great to see you posting here!

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Ben Seath, of course everyone knows who you are. Nice to see you posting here again. ( been having to follow your log on an unnamed site)

Are you going to do any USAPL like Rice is, or sticking with your current feds. Your squat is ridiculous, What programs would you say benefited your squat and bench most since those seem to be your powerhouse numbers (even though a 700 DL is ridiculous as well)

Any ways, good shit ill be following.[/quote]

Thanks alot man! I’m definitly not a 1 Federation guy. In the Last 6 Months I have Competed in APA, USAPL, APF(Twice) and SPF. lol Right Now I am doing something I haven’t done in a long time take 6 Months just to train!! No meets, No Schedules, and No Meet Cycling to Worry about Just Me The Weight and The 5/3/1.

Best thing for my Squat and Bench Is Definitly cycling 5/3/1 and 3/5/1 with added singles. Hands Down. I run 5/3/1 with no singles just the Max Rep and this is how I Run 3/5/1.

Ben Seath’s version of the 3/5/1:

3’s Week Max Rep with adjusted 90% then 3 Singles with Actual 90% (1 minutes rest between singles)

5’s Week Hit a 5 rep with adjusted 85% No Singles

1’s Week Max Rep with adjusted 95% then 3 Singles with Actual 95% (2 minutes rest between singles)

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
OOOoOOHH MAN! This log is gonna be so awesome!!! [/quote]

Yes it is!! lol Thanks for following!!

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
You’re 22?! Can you teach me how to be insanely strong?

Seriously, though, I’m going to be following this log for sure. Great to see you posting here![/quote]

Yup I just turned 22 on April 9th! Yes I can Teach you. That is exactly why I am doing the Walk through videos! I want to be surrounded by strong people I AM HERE TO HELP GUYS!!

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
You’re 22?! Can you teach me how to be insanely strong?

Seriously, though, I’m going to be following this log for sure. Great to see you posting here![/quote]

Yup I just turned 22 on April 9th! Yes I can Teach you. That is exactly why I am doing the Walk through videos! I want to be surrounded by strong people I AM HERE TO HELP GUYS!![/quote]

Even more psyched to have you here then! I’m looking forward to some knowledge bombs.

If you have time, would you mind giving everyone a little history of how you got started with training, and just a brief rundown of things you’ve done in the past to get where you are now? I think a lot of people would like to hear!

In FTW. Nice to see you hit that in comp 500 you wanted.

FUCKING IN. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

CS

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:

[quote]Seath308 wrote:

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
You’re 22?! Can you teach me how to be insanely strong?

Seriously, though, I’m going to be following this log for sure. Great to see you posting here![/quote]

Yup I just turned 22 on April 9th! Yes I can Teach you. That is exactly why I am doing the Walk through videos! I want to be surrounded by strong people I AM HERE TO HELP GUYS!![/quote]

Even more psyched to have you here then! I’m looking forward to some knowledge bombs.

If you have time, would you mind giving everyone a little history of how you got started with training, and just a brief rundown of things you’ve done in the past to get where you are now? I think a lot of people would like to hear![/quote]

Well I mainly Powerlifted In High School (2004-2008) To Assist me on that Mat. My Main Sport in High School. Wrestling got pretty much all of my attension. I wrestled Heavy weight (285) only weighing 230ish Powerlifting played a huge part in my success. I was able to shoot a Double Leg Pick up my 30-50 pound heavier opponent and take him straight to his back. I Made it to the State Finals my Senior year and lost.

With my Career Choice already picked out I was only going to go to College if it was a D1 Sscholarship but No Luck I had a Couple D2 Schools talk to me but I wasn’t interested. After Wrestling was over is when I really started to focus on Powerlifting. About 1 month after wrestling season was over at the age of 17 I was able to squat 615, Bench 405, and Deadlift 475 ( Single ply shit inzer z Suit Squat and Bench, Raw Dead) at the high School state qualifier.

I would have easly walk through State again (I was State Champ my JR. Year in Powerlifting) BUT I got caught fucking my girlfriend in the High school auditorium while I was skipping class Luckly I was really good friends with the principal and Vice they lied for me by saying we were just making out but I still got detension and wasn’t allowed to lift at State. Ben Rice can back me up on that one hahahah.

After High school I got in to Construction I’m a electrician Stopped lifting from summer of 2008 to January 2010. January 2010 was when I started the 5/3/1 and I really think the program helped motivate me to be where I am right now.

January 2010 Best LIfts
Squat 475
Bench 330
Dead 445

There is a Idea of where my lifts got started.

Definitely in for more crazy numbers Ben!
What assistance lifts have you found to be best for the big 3?

[quote]ChrisH19 wrote:
Definitely in for more crazy numbers Ben!
What assistance lifts have you found to be best for the big 3?[/quote]

Squat – Leg Press (Like I Showed in my Recent Squat Video)
Bench – Low Incline DB Press
Dead – Weighted 45 degree Back Raises + Band Tension ( I’ll Be showing these next Deadlift workout. This is the exercise that Helped me break 700.

In for the epicness.

How low incline are those db presses done.

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
How low incline are those db presses done.[/quote]

I’m doing bench press tonight and my First assesory movement will be the low incline DB’s. It will be in my video. think it’s around 20-25 degrees.

What do you eat for breakfast and what is your favorite color?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
What do you eat for breakfast and what is your favorite color? [/quote]

Breakfast is 8 whole eggs and 4 egg whites with 2 pieces of toast and a blue berry bagle.

Favorite color Purple… Don’t judge me lol

Alright!!! I’m about 2 hours away from my “3’s week” Bench Workout. Here is what I have planned for tonight!

Bench Press
70%-- 315 X 3
80%-- 360 X 3
90%-- 405 X 3+ Goal is 8 Reps!!!

Low Incline DB Press
Right now I’m think I want to go heavy!
Maybe take a crack at the 150’s for 6-8 reps just have to see how the bod feels!!

And the rest I will come up with by how I feel probably 2-3 more exersices!! I’ll report back later!!