Belyaev Goes HUGE.

Andrey Belyaev just totalled 1,020kg at this years Russian IPF nationals.

He lifts at 90kg.

Think about that for a second.

2250lb at 198 (ACTUALLY 198 on the platform), in single ply gear, walked out squats. We won’t mention the testing because well, ya know.

This is without a doubt one of the great displays of powerlifting prowess in the past 12 months in my opinion. Probably one of the best in the last 5 years.

What were the lifts? I tried looking for video but no luck so far…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
…We won’t mention the testing because well, ya know. [/quote]

That’s funny, becasue that was going to be the first thing I mentioned… :slight_smile:

Drugged or not tho, that is an impressive total. I just wish he’d done it in an untested fed, for obvious reasons. And a double-ply fed for that matter, seeing as with teh new material I think a single ply is giving just as much support as soem of the double ply stuff, but I really cant tell cuz I have zero first-hand experience. If he’d done it raw or in a double ply fed at least I’d know what that means.

As long as Im wishing I’d like a pony as well.

“This is without a doubt one of the great displays of powerlifting prowess in the past 12 months in my opinion. Probably one of the best in the last 5 years.”

I’ll take Siders 2600lb total over that.

[quote]MetalMikeXVI wrote:
“This is without a doubt one of the great displays of powerlifting prowess in the past 12 months in my opinion. Probably one of the best in the last 5 years.”

I’ll take Siders 2600lb total over that.[/quote]

I just checked the wilks out on both of them… It’s a dead heat!!

mind boggling

11.4xbw

Russia is currently suspended from the IPF for doping violations so the RPF Nationals had no effect on World records.

I believe Belayev’s wilkes was 651, but don’t discount Fediosenko who totaled 712.5kg at 56kg which is a 648 wilkes as well.

Anyone know why Bonderanko didn’t lift?

the russians are insane

The Russians are proof of just how awesome the IPF could be if they would give up on this Olympics/WADA foolishness and just let the folks take their vitamins.

In addition to the supposedly lax stance the RPF takes on testing. I think their judging- based on some of the vids I’ve seen from Russian meets- is a little looser than what we see at Worlds, USAPL nats, or even some local USAPL meets. I’m not saying that the judging is lax, it’s just more in line with that of the IPF of the 70s or USPF. I think if you don’t have to sweat judges zotzing your lift on account of minor shit, you are more free to actually take a big PR attempt on the platform.