Belts: 3 Inch or 4 Inch

Sometimes i have trouble getting into position with my 10 mm single prong 4 inch belt.

Would a 3 inch 10 mm belt be better for getting into position?

My phone is retarded and will not paste right on these forums sorry…

Talking about position for deadlift

Bump

Anyone have success getting into a better starting position with a belt of less width.

I’ve heard of people doing that and it working well, but I can’t really give any advice myself unfortunately. I’m sure someone will have some input.

Could try riding the belt up a bit higher up. Some seem to prefer it.

Spud Inc DL Belt on EFS. Not too expensive and you should find it is much easier to get into position with this belt as opposed to a traditional leather belt, but that it still provides great support during the lifts.

[quote]BacktotheBar wrote:
Could try riding the belt up a bit higher up. Some seem to prefer it.[/quote]

This is what I do. But I could definitely see where, if I could justify the investment, a slightly more pliable (Spud) or a narrower belt would work better for deads.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Sometimes i have trouble getting into position with my 10 mm single prong 4 inch belt.

Would a 3 inch 10 mm belt be better for getting into position?[/quote]

I had to google if there was such a thing as a 3" / 10mm power belt. Maybe this would work for ya if you chose this route.

bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/The-3-Inch-Belt.aspx

You wrote “sometimes”… to me that means that you do manage to get into position most times maybe if you can figure out what’s botching you up sometimes you can correct it? Would save you $80 anyways.

have you seen how some of the top PLer’s are wearing they’re belts for deadlifts lately, with the front of the belt up under they’re chest, i saw a vid of big Stan doing this, and other’s. I haven’t tryed this myself, but thought it was worth metioning on this thread. Latter

Lol good find my friend thats exactly the belt i was talking about. I have their 10mm 4 inch single prong i love it. I since switched to sumo deads so i have no problem getting into position now. But i still may order their 3 inch just to have. Dean the owner of the company will actually call you and talk to you to see exactly how you want it made and custom size it. My belt goes from a 32-42.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Lol good find my friend thats exactly the belt i was talking about. I have their 10mm 4 inch single prong i love it. I since switched to sumo deads so i have no problem getting into position now. But i still may order their 3 inch just to have. Dean the owner of the company will actually call you and talk to you to see exactly how you want it made and custom size it. My belt goes from a 32-42. [/quote]

You have the same belt that I have. Love that thing. Great people as well.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Lol good find my friend thats exactly the belt i was talking about. I have their 10mm 4 inch single prong i love it. I since switched to sumo deads so i have no problem getting into position now. But i still may order their 3 inch just to have. Dean the owner of the company will actually call you and talk to you to see exactly how you want it made and custom size it. My belt goes from a 32-42. [/quote]

You have the same belt that I have. Love that thing. Great people as well. [/quote]

Yepp they are amazing. I bet best belts is up there with inzer and all the top belts if not better. They take pride in what they do and also give a life time warranty. I love my belt gives amazing support. Single prong is awesome.Lever belt would piss me off lol i use a different setting for every lift. The heavier the set the tighter the belt.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
Single prong is awesome.Lever belt would piss me off lol i use a different setting for every lift. The heavier the set the tighter the belt.[/quote]

I’m glad to know someone else does this lol.

While we’re at it what do you guys think of 10mm vs 13mm belts? I used to love my 10mm but now that I’m squatting up into the 4’s I dont feel like it gives me enough support

If you feel you need it jump up to the 13mm its all personal preference. I hit 495 in a meet and my 10mm felt fine couldve used a little more support but all went well. If you check out bestbelts they have a 13 mm prime cut belt single prong that is amazing.

[quote]xneverbackdown wrote:
While we’re at it what do you guys think of 10mm vs 13mm belts? I used to love my 10mm but now that I’m squatting up into the 4’s I dont feel like it gives me enough support[/quote]

I think everyone should have a 13mm belt. After having used one for a few years, a 10mm feels like a toy. With a 13mm, my back feels bulletproof.

For squats and deads you guys would recommend the 3 inch crossfit belt? Is this belt 10 mm or 13 as you guys were discussing? I can head down the street and get this belt. I think the spud belt would get ruined the quickest, there doesn’t seem to be much to the fastening area does it have a prong at all?
http://www.fitshop.ca/best-belt.html

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/9/19038_ORIG-gym_bag_5.jpg

If the owner of this crap squats over 315 I will eat my fucking laptop.

I found this pic, and comment on the blog of a 700lb deadlifter, thought it was pretty funny, and spot on, at the same time. thought it kinda fit here, Pwnisher, and neverback, not with standing. :slight_smile:

I have an EFS belt, titan knee sleeves, and Do-Win squat shoes, and I squat 415. What’s wrong with having gear you like that makes you comfortable?