Belt Squat Question

I would like some insight from you guys:
Is it possible to mimic walking in the Belt Squat Machine by just hanging some heavy weights in a dip belt and walking forwaar/backward/sideways. Thanks

I am so inflexible I can’t hold the bar on my back. I have used belt squats for a few months in my garage. It’s very difficult to get in positon when the weights get heavy . Someone to assist you getting up and down would be good.
It is a great exercise for higher reps and I believe has good carryover to the low bar back squat.
I used to use a homemade safety squat bar(normal weight distribution) with handles so I could drop it down my back . It was very similar to a top squat.

[quote]Braccini wrote:
I would like some insight from you guys:
Is it possible to mimic walking in the Belt Squat Machine by just hanging some heavy weights in a dip belt and walking forwaar/backward/sideways. Thanks[/quote]

Learned this from Laura Phelps Sweatt -

Attach a band to the bottom of a power rack/floor attachment then to your dip belt, then walk in place.

Hanging weights off the belt doesn’t really mimic the same traction motion you get from walking. Sure there’s the downward force but there’s no upward pull on the weights like you’d get on the belt machine.

Using a band will give you downward force and allow for an upward force.