Belt Recommendations?

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
I’ve only had it a few days actually and used it to squat and bench with so far, will sumo dl in it tomorrow. Only thing is its 10mm so going from a well broken in 13mm to a 10 felt different but overall I think it’s a good product and the price is right[/quote]
What size is your RDX? They don’t have a size chart and I’m around a 30 in pants wise, maybe even a bit smaller or bigger not to sure since i always wear a bit bigger pants.[/quote]

I believe their sizing may be a bit off, I got the XL which is supposed to be 40-44 and I have about a 41" waist and it was too big had to drill a new set of holes

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
I’ve only had it a few days actually and used it to squat and bench with so far, will sumo dl in it tomorrow. Only thing is its 10mm so going from a well broken in 13mm to a 10 felt different but overall I think it’s a good product and the price is right[/quote]
What size is your RDX? They don’t have a size chart and I’m around a 30 in pants wise, maybe even a bit smaller or bigger not to sure since i always wear a bit bigger pants.[/quote]

I believe their sizing may be a bit off, I got the XL which is supposed to be 40-44 and I have about a 41" waist and it was too big had to drill a new set of holes[/quote]
I emailed them about their size chart for it and they never responded back. Would you say for me to get a S or M. The weird thing was from reviews I read they ran small not big.

[quote]Camm wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:
Not sure if you’ve heard of a brand called strength shop. Apparently is just like the RDX, both from the UK. From reviews they say its pretty much a cheaper Inzer, not too sure though, both the RDX and Strength Shop are pretty much same pricing.[/quote]

I have the 10mm lever belt from The Strength Shop (Europe).This is my first belt and it does the job. You are right it basically looks like a Inzer but probably not as good quality and want last as long but I have had mine for about 2 years and it is still in good condition. They also have some other quite cheap own brand stuff, all seems like reasonable quality and it is quite a popular brand in the UK and Europe. [/quote]
Does it feel like its pretty good quality leather, like it doesn’t get flimsy on you and stays pretty stiff? I’ve been looking at them and the pricing is great and they look good too. Oh and how is the sizing of them? Is it pretty accurate?

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]Camm wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:
Not sure if you’ve heard of a brand called strength shop. Apparently is just like the RDX, both from the UK. From reviews they say its pretty much a cheaper Inzer, not too sure though, both the RDX and Strength Shop are pretty much same pricing.[/quote]

I have the 10mm lever belt from The Strength Shop (Europe).This is my first belt and it does the job. You are right it basically looks like a Inzer but probably not as good quality and want last as long but I have had mine for about 2 years and it is still in good condition. They also have some other quite cheap own brand stuff, all seems like reasonable quality and it is quite a popular brand in the UK and Europe. [/quote]
Does it feel like its pretty good quality leather, like it doesn’t get flimsy on you and stays pretty stiff? I’ve been looking at them and the pricing is great and they look good too. Oh and how is the sizing of them? Is it pretty accurate?[/quote]

The quality is good and the sizing is also good.I have a lifting mate who has an Inzer and to me they look the same but then again I am not some belt expert. You have to remember that you pay for what you get. It’s only $50 so you are not going to get a real leather belt for that. As it says on the website it’s artifical leather.
You have two options buy an Inzer that will last you a life time or buy a belt from somewhere like SS that will last you 5 or so years and then buy a replacement at a later stage. I took the second option it does what its suppose to do but I know it’s not the best belt available.

[quote]Camm wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]Camm wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

Does it feel like its pretty good quality leather, like it doesn’t get flimsy on you and stays pretty stiff? I’ve been looking at them and the pricing is great and they look good too. Oh and how is the sizing of them? Is it pretty accurate?[/quote]

The quality is good and the sizing is also good.I have a lifting mate who has an Inzer and to me they look the same but then again I am not some belt expert. You have to remember that you pay for what you get. It’s only $50 so you are not going to get a real leather belt for that. As it says on the website it’s artifical leather.
You have two options buy an Inzer that will last you a life time or buy a belt from somewhere like SS that will last you 5 or so years and then buy a replacement at a later stage. I took the second option it does what its suppose to do but I know it’s not the best belt available.
[/quote]
Ya I know, for me it just doesn’t seem like I would need that expensive of a belt especially since I’m not doing a huge amount of weight. Do you know if the RDX is made from real leather?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I got the elitefts reloaded base belt, and honestly I think it sucks. Now, you’ll have to keep in mind that I’ve been wearing an Inzer 13mm forever lever belt for 4-5 years now, so that may alter my perspective, but I can’t even tell that I’m wearing a belt with the elitefts one. In making it “supple”, I think they forgot to make it actually sturdy. I honestly didn’t think you could do that with a 13mm belt, but they sure showed me, haha.

I got it simply to have a belt that I could wear with my deadlift suit (my Inzer one fits me perfectly, but the suit makes me too fat so I needed a larger belt) and on certain strongman events where the lever would get in the way, so walking into it, I didn’t need it to do much. It’ll suit my needs, but if I wanted an actual belt, it would let me down.

You get what you pay for.[/quote]
I think that some people are making softer belts because some guys are crying that their ribs hurt when they get a new belt. When I first got my 13mm Inzer belt I was getting bruises all around the midsection, but I dealt with it and after a couple weeks it didn’t bother me anymore. Kind of like when you first start squatting, where you hold the bar will get bruised and scraped but you get used to it.

Unless you are looking for something really cheap, the well known powerlifting brands like Inzer, Metal, and Titan all make good belts. I also hear that Eleiko and Wahlanders make some nice belts with a quick release, but they cost about double the price of a regular PL belt. If you are going to compete in an IPF-affiliated federation then keep in mind that only specific brands are allowed, but in general it doesn’t make sense to get cheap when it comes to buying a belt because it will last a long time. If you buy a piece of crap then you will be stuck with it for years.

On a side note, why do some people prefer 10m over 13mm? 13mm is going to provide more support so I can’t see why you would want a thinner belt.

Andersonpowerlifting.com.
The single prong 10mm belt is great.
Any of the lever belts would be a smart choice too. I personally use a 10mm Toro lever belt and love it.
Prices are better than most companies, including Elite and Inzer.

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

I believe their sizing may be a bit off, I got the XL which is supposed to be 40-44 and I have about a 41" waist and it was too big had to drill a new set of holes[/quote]
Do you know what the size charting is for the belt? And probably like around the stomach a 30 or a bit more, would you say a M or S? I’ve been leaning toward medium jus because that always me to drill if I need to. I was looking at the prong and a couple people said it ran small. not sure if the lever and prong would be different

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

Do you know what the size charting is for the belt? And probably like around the stomach a 30 or a bit more, would you say a M or S? I’ve been leaning toward medium jus because that always me to drill if I need to. I was looking at the prong and a couple people said it ran small. not sure if the lever and prong would be different
[/quote]

I think you would be ok with the medium then, at worst you have to drill a new set of holes in it

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

[/quote]

I think you would be ok with the medium then, at worst you have to drill a new set of holes in it
[/quote]
Have you ever had to contact them? I’ve tried twice over email and nothing back. Maybe its because I emailed them super late on friday and over the weekend. Hoping they will answer when I call them Monday

[quote]chris_ottawa wrote:
Unless you are looking for something really cheap, the well known powerlifting brands like Inzer, Metal, and Titan all make good belts. I also hear that Eleiko and Wahlanders make some nice belts with a quick release, but they cost about double the price of a regular PL belt. If you are going to compete in an IPF-affiliated federation then keep in mind that only specific brands are allowed, but in general it doesn’t make sense to get cheap when it comes to buying a belt because it will last a long time. If you buy a piece of crap then you will be stuck with it for years.

On a side note, why do some people prefer 10m over 13mm? 13mm is going to provide more support so I can’t see why you would want a thinner belt.[/quote]
I understand what you mean, but for one I’m no where near the strength to compete in powerlifting and never plan to for the time being. Two the amount of weight I use I don’t feel is heavy enough to be paying for a belt thats over $100.

[quote]Antman517 wrote:
Andersonpowerlifting.com.
The single prong 10mm belt is great.
Any of the lever belts would be a smart choice too. I personally use a 10mm Toro lever belt and love it.
Prices are better than most companies, including Elite and Inzer.[/quote]
I took a look at the website. To be honest I’m looking at the KLA. Im assuming thats their belt for andersonpowerlifting? You have any experience or know anything about how they are?

My training partner just bought the KLA single prong. Very supple right out the package. Well built. If I didn’t already have a Toro lever, I’d probably have gone with that one. Delivery is fast too. 2-3 days depending on where you are. Ken’s out of the office a lot because he goes to just about every meet there is. You’ll probably be talking to Carol and she can take care of you just as well, if you call in your order.

[quote]Antman517 wrote:
My training partner just bought the KLA single prong. Very supple right out the package. Well built. If I didn’t already have a Toro lever, I’d probably have gone with that one. Delivery is fast too. 2-3 days depending on where you are. Ken’s out of the office a lot because he goes to just about every meet there is. You’ll probably be talking to Carol and she can take care of you just as well, if you call in your order. [/quote]
Sounds good. I’ve been looking at Pioneer too also known as GLC. They have one not much more than the KLA so I’m going back and forth. The only thing is GLC has a lot of backing with Eric Lilliebridge using their belt and many other

I think you may be doing too much “research” into something that is a pretty simple problem. Unless you are going to Dicks Sports or Walmart to buy a belt, the quality is going to be roughly the same among the reputable brands. Really it comes down to what style you want (lever, prong), thickness, color, and price. Toro belts are made in the USA. The vast majority of all others are made in Pakastan.

Just because a notable lifter wears something doesn’t mean it’s the best. It just means he’s a sponsored lifter who gets his gear for free and repays that by promoting that brand. I’m not only a sponsored lifter, but I also produce my own line of gear, so I understand both sides of this.

[quote]Antman517 wrote:
I think you may be doing too much “research” into something that is a pretty simple problem. Unless you are going to Dicks Sports or Walmart to buy a belt, the quality is going to be roughly the same among the reputable brands. Really it comes down to what style you want (lever, prong), thickness, color, and price. Toro belts are made in the USA. The vast majority of all others are made in Pakastan.

Just because a notable lifter wears something doesn’t mean it’s the best. It just means he’s a sponsored lifter who gets his gear for free and repays that by promoting that brand. I’m not only a sponsored lifter, but I also produce my own line of gear, so I understand both sides of this.[/quote]
Gotcha, well I was going to go for RDX, but after 3 emails and no response back I don’t want to deal with them if something goes wrong and I need to return it. I get what you mean about the research thing, just a bit worried about quality and if a belt ends up being bad quality, well then I need to pay for another. But I understand. For me I’ve always been the person who when a brand has been known to produce good products I usually go that direction.

Bought an Inzer lever belt when I was 160 lbs and used it until I hit about 215. Outgrew it and sold it. That time period spanned 15 years and the belt still looked 9/10 condition. Replaced it with a Toro from Andersonpowerlifting.com. I will never get big (fat) enough to outgrow it and expect it will last the rest of my PL career. Money well spent.