Belt Recommendations?

I’ve been searching around for a belt for about a week now, but seem to not be able to make u my mind. I’ve only been able to use either my gyms belt which is very thin and flimsy or my dad’s belt which is tapered and not very thick. The only thing is I’m not really trying to spend $100+ on a belt, mainly because I don’t compete in powerlifting nor plan to and I’m not that strong (havn’t hit 500lbs on deadlift).

Here are some that I’ve seen and would maybe like others experiences with some belts.

10mm Thick 10cm Double Suede Powerlifting Belt by Pioneer

ELITEFTS RELOADED BASE BELT

These really are the only two I’ve found with good pricing and the right thickness and width. I have heard about elitefts using plastic in their economy belt but not sure in this one. If anyone can recommend any good ones please do.

I can’t see you going wrong with either. I would personally go with 10 mm since that’s what I have (a lever belt) and it provides enough support. I’ve never used a 13 mm belt but I doubt it would make a difference for me.

Hmm for some reason the links didn’t show up only the names of the belts. I’m sure if any of you want to look them up you can by copying those names.

I have a double prong 13mm and just recently bought a 10mm lever belt and so far I like it. Go to Amazon and look for Rdx lever belt it’s on prime $50. The elite reloaded belt seems like a good deal a training partner of mine just got one.

[quote]cparker wrote:
I have a double prong 13mm and just recently bought a 10mm lever belt and so far I like it. Go to Amazon and look for Rdx lever belt it’s on prime $50. The elite reloaded belt seems like a good deal a training partner of mine just got one.[/quote]

I think I’ve seen RDX just didn’t know the brand so I wasn’t really sure about it. How does he like?

He seems to like it, it wasnt super stiff when he got it and didnt need broken in too much to be comfortable. Just handling it though it does feel kind of cheaply made, but shouldn’t affect the actual performance.

I got the elitefts reloaded base belt, and honestly I think it sucks. Now, you’ll have to keep in mind that I’ve been wearing an Inzer 13mm forever lever belt for 4-5 years now, so that may alter my perspective, but I can’t even tell that I’m wearing a belt with the elitefts one. In making it “supple”, I think they forgot to make it actually sturdy. I honestly didn’t think you could do that with a 13mm belt, but they sure showed me, haha.

I got it simply to have a belt that I could wear with my deadlift suit (my Inzer one fits me perfectly, but the suit makes me too fat so I needed a larger belt) and on certain strongman events where the lever would get in the way, so walking into it, I didn’t need it to do much. It’ll suit my needs, but if I wanted an actual belt, it would let me down.

You get what you pay for.

[quote]cparker wrote:
He seems to like it, it wasnt super stiff when he got it and didnt need broken in too much to be comfortable. Just handling it though it does feel kind of cheaply made, but shouldn’t affect the actual performance.[/quote]

Hmm, well I think it’ll still be a bit till I order myself a belt, any chance if you can find out if that one has the plastic? Also how do you like your RDX? And does the lever get in the way of deadlifting? I do sumo so I’m not as bent over as I would be conventional

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I got the elitefts reloaded base belt, and honestly I think it sucks. Now, you’ll have to keep in mind that I’ve been wearing an Inzer 13mm forever lever belt for 4-5 years now, so that may alter my perspective, but I can’t even tell that I’m wearing a belt with the elitefts one. In making it “supple”, I think they forgot to make it actually sturdy. I honestly didn’t think you could do that with a 13mm belt, but they sure showed me, haha.

I got it simply to have a belt that I could wear with my deadlift suit (my Inzer one fits me perfectly, but the suit makes me too fat so I needed a larger belt) and on certain strongman events where the lever would get in the way, so walking into it, I didn’t need it to do much. It’ll suit my needs, but if I wanted an actual belt, it would let me down.

You get what you pay for.[/quote]

I know you said that for you, you don’t feel it but do you think for someone who has never worn any kind of belt like that, that it would be sturdy? Also do you notice any plastic in that one? I need a belt that will really keep me tight, the one at my gym no matter how tight it is, it just doesn’t do anything. Now I know that belts aren’t for back support but for abdominal for you to press your stomach against, but the reason why I need to find a good belt is because my back has been bothering me mainly on deadlifts. Do you think the Pioneer would be a better one?

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:
I know you said that for you, you don’t feel it but do you think for someone who has never worn any kind of belt like that, that it would be sturdy? Also do you notice any plastic in that one? I need a belt that will really keep me tight, the one at my gym no matter how tight it is, it just doesn’t do anything. Now I know that belts aren’t for back support but for abdominal for you to press your stomach against, but the reason why I need to find a good belt is because my back has been bothering me mainly on deadlifts. Do you think the Pioneer would be a better one?
[/quote]

Aside from dissecting the belt, I wouldn’t know how to know if there was plastic in it.

I’ve only worn it a few times, haven’t even tried to lift any weight while wearing it, but bracing against it just doesn’t feel like anything. Like I said, it feels like I’m not wearing a belt. If you want to spend money on a belt just to have a belt, it will definitely be something you can spend money on. For the cost, I’d get the spud deadlifting belt, which I was also not very impressed with, but it DOES feel like more support than the elitefts one. I’ve used the spud for log clean and press, and it did a decent job.

EDIT: Also, If I were you, I’d listen to CParker and get the belt he is talking about. $50 is cheap, and CParker is ridiculously strong. His word holds weight.

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
He seems to like it, it wasnt super stiff when he got it and didnt need broken in too much to be comfortable. Just handling it though it does feel kind of cheaply made, but shouldn’t affect the actual performance.[/quote]

Hmm, well I think it’ll still be a bit till I order myself a belt, any chance if you can find out if that one has the plastic? Also how do you like your RDX? And does the lever get in the way of deadlifting? I do sumo so I’m not as bent over as I would be conventional[/quote]

I don’t really have an answer for the plastic, just when I looked at the core gut of it it looked kind of flimsy and holding it it feels really light unlike my 13mm double prong. I have yet to DL in the Rdx but I will Saturday, I liked it a lot squatting this week was able to get good pressure.

Pun, you are far too courteous haha it is all just genetics

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

Hmm, well I think it’ll still be a bit till I order myself a belt, any chance if you can find out if that one has the plastic? Also how do you like your RDX? And does the lever get in the way of deadlifting? I do sumo so I’m not as bent over as I would be conventional[/quote]

I don’t really have an answer for the plastic, just when I looked at the core gut of it it looked kind of flimsy and holding it it feels really light unlike my 13mm double prong. I have yet to DL in the Rdx but I will Saturday, I liked it a lot squatting this week was able to get good pressure.

Pun, you are far too courteous haha it is all just genetics
[/quote]
I think I’ll check out the RDX. Do you also have their prong one too? And its always good to get a recommendation for someone who’s strong haha then I know the belt has been put to work.

Nope I have some off brand 13mm that’s like 8 years old haha it was passed down to me

[quote]cparker wrote:
Nope I have some off brand 13mm that’s like 8 years old haha it was passed down to me [/quote]
Ahh ok. Well how long have you had the RDX? I red somewhere that it becomes a bit flimsy between the lettering. But from reviews I’ve seen it is apparently pretty stiff and made from good leather.

Not sure if you’ve heard of a brand called strength shop. Apparently is just like the RDX, both from the UK. From reviews they say its pretty much a cheaper Inzer, not too sure though, both the RDX and Strength Shop are pretty much same pricing.

I’ve only had it a few days actually and used it to squat and bench with so far, will sumo dl in it tomorrow. Only thing is its 10mm so going from a well broken in 13mm to a 10 felt different but overall I think it’s a good product and the price is right

I have an Elitefts Premium 6.5mm belt. It’s all leather, and feels really stout. I loop a band over it, then step through the loops of the band to work my hips. The belt is sturdy enough to bruise me. But it’s not as extreme as a full 13mm belt.

I really like it. I’m not a real power lifter, so I like the slightly thinner belt. I can get down to do rows and dls. There is no lever, so I can easily wear it a couple holes loose to drag a sled, or get it extra tight If I need to wear it extra high or whatever.

The price is right in the middle at $70, but Elite always has sales. With Columbus Day coming up, I’d expect it to be at least 10% off. Probably with free shipping.

[quote]cparker wrote:
I’ve only had it a few days actually and used it to squat and bench with so far, will sumo dl in it tomorrow. Only thing is its 10mm so going from a well broken in 13mm to a 10 felt different but overall I think it’s a good product and the price is right[/quote]
Oh ok. Well to me it sounds like the RDX is a good first belt for me to get especially for the pricing.

[quote]cparker wrote:
I’ve only had it a few days actually and used it to squat and bench with so far, will sumo dl in it tomorrow. Only thing is its 10mm so going from a well broken in 13mm to a 10 felt different but overall I think it’s a good product and the price is right[/quote]
What size is your RDX? They don’t have a size chart and I’m around a 30 in pants wise, maybe even a bit smaller or bigger not to sure since i always wear a bit bigger pants.

[quote]ChrisM15 wrote:
Not sure if you’ve heard of a brand called strength shop. Apparently is just like the RDX, both from the UK. From reviews they say its pretty much a cheaper Inzer, not too sure though, both the RDX and Strength Shop are pretty much same pricing.[/quote]

I have the 10mm lever belt from The Strength Shop (Europe).This is my first belt and it does the job. You are right it basically looks like a Inzer but probably not as good quality and want last as long but I have had mine for about 2 years and it is still in good condition. They also have some other quite cheap own brand stuff, all seems like reasonable quality and it is quite a popular brand in the UK and Europe.