T Nation

Belgium's 20-Stone Minister for Public Health

SHW powerlifter?

‘it’s what’s inside that counts’

confirmed for fatty

I like Belgian beer and waffles.

But this, not so much…

Its what’s inside that counts! Exactly what does she have inside her?

Reminds me of a line from AbFab.

Edina: I know I have a skinny person inside me!
Mother: Just the one dear?

The article says multiple times she is overweight. This woman is not overweight, she is obese, maybe even severely or morbidly obese. If her insides are functioning properly I suspect it’s because she has a pretty extensive pharmaceutical regimen.

Some people may look at her and try to be healthier because they don’t want to look like her.

Actually she could turn this into a positive by committing to a sensible weight loss and exercise program. It would be a hell of a step for herself and for a nation beset by obesity issues.

Eh, I’m kind of torn. Obviously, her weight has no bearing on the knowledge and experience she possesses. But I’m stuck on the idea that she is the public face of the Government and it’s Ministry of Public Health. As a Minister I would guess it’s her job to weigh in on public policy and help inform her fellow Ministers and she does seem eminently qualified to do that…

I fucking love the last line of the article, “As Minister for Immigration in the last Belgian government she was praised for slashing the number of asylum requests by almost half, from 27,000 per year to 15,000. She was unmoved by hunger strikes…”

Ultimately, their waffles are just so damn delicious.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

confirmed for fatty[/quote]

What’s on the inside? Definitely a lot of visceral fat.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

confirmed for fatty[/quote]

What’s on the inside? Definitely a lot of visceral fat. [/quote]
LOL

I don’t think it’s such a big deal to be honest. She just needs to know how to optimise the country’s health service, not how to get a 6 pack or an 18 inch arm (although it looks a bit like she’s got one of those already, har har).

She’s an experienced politician with a background as a GP. Sounds like a reasonable candidate for health minister, even if she is a fat bastard.

I mean check out this picture. The guy on the right is Sajid Javid, the UK’s secretary of state for culture, media and SPORT.

You going to pick this guy first to be on your football team? Probably not. Doesn’t mean he’ll be shit at his job though.