Belgian Military Deployed

I thought Belgium’s military consisted of an office and a red phone with the US on the other end of the line?

As for the caterpillar uprising, I blame Belgium’s foreign policy - this is just “blowback” for favoring dung beetles.

“No Blood for Silk!”

Or “Silk Routes!” as it were.

And now thousands - nay, millions - of innocent larvae will die because of Belgium’s naked desire to control the caterpillar “others”.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I thought Belgium’s military consisted of an office and a red phone with the US on the other end of the line?

As for the caterpillar uprising, I blame Belgium’s foreign policy - this is just “blowback” for favoring dung beetles.

“No Blood for Silk!”

And now thousands - nay, millions - of innocent larvae will die because of Belgium’s naked desire to control the caterpillar “others”.[/quote]

This is one immoral post alright.

TB poking fun at caterpillars while real people die. Real classy.

[quote]JeffR wrote:

After jimmy “I’ll boycott the Olympics” carter and vietnam, Grenada was one of the first steps back. Restoring pride of corps is one hell of a lot more important than fighting caterpillars.

[/quote]

I am glad that you posted this, because it is EXACTLY the way the invasion of tiny Grenada was portrayed at that time. It was hailed (by those on the Right) that the “Vietnam Syndrome” had now been resolved.

Well, I say, hell yah, let’s show 'em how tough we are. Let’s invade Monaco!!! Let’s show Prince Albert that he’s just a pussy…

Seriously, though, if the US govt. decided to invade the Vatican, I might be able to actually support that one.

For the record, I think Carter’s Olympic boycott was stupid. If you read french, google for Le Nouvel Observateur interview with Brezinski-National Security Advisor at the timie- in which he admits that the US started funding the Afghan Mujahadeen (the precursor to the Taliban) months before the Soviet invasion, in hopes that it would cause the USSR to invade and bog them down, just like the US had been bogged down in Vietnam. In light of this, I consider Carter to be a hypocrite of the highest order.

Here’s a link to the above-cited interview:

http://www.michelcollon.info/articles.php?dateaccess=2006-06-07%2019:25:25&log=lautrehistoire

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

“No Blood for Silk!”

And now thousands - nay, millions - of innocent larvae will die because of Belgium’s naked desire to control the caterpillar “others”.[/quote]

Excellent stuff, Thunder!!!

Ignore lixy. He lacks most things including a sense of humor.

Poor guy.

Totally off topic, that picture of Oleysa Novik makes it difficult to concentrate on bashing the silly dems and Anti-Americans.

JeffR

[quote]entheogens wrote:
JeffR wrote:

After jimmy “I’ll boycott the Olympics” carter and vietnam, Grenada was one of the first steps back. Restoring pride of corps is one hell of a lot more important than fighting caterpillars.

I am glad that you posted this, because it is EXACTLY the way the invasion of tiny Grenada was portrayed at that time. It was hailed (by those on the Right) that the “Vietnam Syndrome” had now been resolved.

Well, I say, hell yah, let’s show 'em how tough we are. Let’s invade Monaco!!! Let’s show Prince Albert that he’s just a pussy…

Seriously, though, if the US govt. decided to invade the Vatican, I might be able to actually support that one.

For the record, I think Carter’s Olympic boycott was stupid. If you read french, google for Le Nouvel Observateur interview with Brezinski-National Security Advisor at the timie- in which he admits that the US started funding the Afghan Mujahadeen (the precursor to the Taliban) months before the Soviet invasion, in hopes that it would cause the USSR to invade and bog them down, just like the US had been bogged down in Vietnam. In light of this, I consider Carter to be a hypocrite of the highest order.
[/quote]

You wrote:

First of all, I went pretty easy on you. I allowed you to read the link I posted and refute or modify your original statement. In typical democratic fashion you tried to bluster then changed the subject.

You need to first apologize to the 19 Americans killed. Then apologize to the American wounded. Then apologize to the families for their sacrifices when they were deployed. Then apologize to the enemy who were killed.

Then you need to apologize to the Armed Forces members who were struggling with Post-Vietnam feelings of inadequacy.

Then you need to apologize to all of us for having written that insulting post.

We’ll be waiting,

JeffR

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/od_nm/belgium_caterpillars_dc;_ylt=Aug8D2jPLBRpPwIl_vWu5uMuQE4F

Belgian military deployed to combat caterpillars

More comical than this is when Reagan sent troops to invade the TINY island of Grenada. Most of you are too young to remember this, but you would have thought that we had just defeated the Soviet Union or some other formidable power.

A lot of chest-beating went on after that. In any case, taking on the caterpillars will be a much difficult task than invading the tiny island-nation of Grenada.

[/quote]

Too young? I will have you know I voted for Reagan.

If I was an american, I would be much more worried about the fate of american bees than belgian caterpillars. Maybe US military could use their technology to help the american bees to find their way back to the their nest.

Would Grenada be a good launch point for invading Venezuela?

[quote]karva wrote:
If I was an american, I would be much more worried about the fate of american bees than belgian caterpillars. Maybe US military could use their technology to help the american bees to find their way back to the their nest.[/quote]

Without bees we don’t eat. Perhaps some of the fatasses will lose weight.

The Belgians will lose.

This is a close one, but I got to give it to the caterpillars.

Good thing it is not the French fighting the caterpillars.

[quote]JeffR wrote:

You need to first apologize to the 19 Americans killed. Then apologize to the American wounded. Then apologize to the families for their sacrifices when they were deployed. Then apologize to the enemy who were killed.

Then you need to apologize to the Armed Forces members who were struggling with Post-Vietnam feelings of inadequacy.

We’ll be waiting,

JeffR

[/quote]

No apologies. I find it amusing that people like you who are apologists for militarism ask anti-war activists to apologize. You are the ones supporting the war hawks who send these young men and women to their deaths or cripple them physically/psychologically. WHY DONT YOU APOLOGIZE FOR THAT?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Too young? I will have you know I voted for Reagan.[/quote]

Well, I did say “most of you” are too young, not all :slight_smile:

[quote]entheogens wrote:
JeffR wrote:

We’ll be waiting,

JeffR

No apologies. I find it amusing that people like you who are apologists for militarism ask anti-war activists to apologize. You are the ones supporting the war hawks who send these young men and women to their deaths or cripple them physically/psychologically. WHY DONT YOU APOLOGIZE FOR THAT?

[/quote]

When comparing the two of us, I’d wager your tenure that military members would be far more likely to hate your guts.

Spitting, protesting, and interrupting military funerals. It’s your m.o.

By the way, you and the rest of the code pinkers better hope the Good Guys never get the inkling to take your things.

In summary, I’d keep your nasty, punkish comments to yourself. Especially around family members who lost loved ones in Grenada.

JeffR

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
My prediction?; the caterpillars will outflank them, which will then follow with an immediate Belgian surrender.

U.S. democrats will then praise the Belgians for “winning the peace”.[/quote]

Sorry, missed this. Had to be in Corfu for work. It was fun.

We won’t be outflanked.

We have an exit strategy.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
entheogens wrote:

When comparing the two of us, I’d wager your tenure that military members would be far more likely to hate your guts.

By the way, you and the rest of the code pinkers better hope the Good Guys never get the inkling to take your things.

In summary, I’d keep your nasty, punkish comments to yourself. Especially around family members who lost loved ones in Grenada.

JeffR
[/quote]

You had family in Grenada EffR0?

Welcome back, Wreckless. My eyes are dilated from the optom but I wanted to give you a resoinding welcome back!

Now we can get back to some serious insults!!! :smiley:

[quote]JeffR wrote:

[/quote]

You came to this ignorant conclusion by reading what post?

You’re such a fascist it’s not even funny.

You pound your chest because you’re lucky enough to live in the country with the most and biggest guns.

Might makes right with you, even when the evidence clearly indicates otherwise. None of that matters because we have the biggest guns, right?

You’re the only punk I see Jeff. Why don’t you go turn on the history channel so you can watch some soldiers goostepping around. It’s obvious you get off on that sort of the thing.

Dustin