Being Weak in Confrontational Situation

Just like lifting, the solution is progressive overload. You aren’t going to just walk into the gym and bench 800lbs, just like you’re not going to just be strong in confrontational situations. You need to logically and slowly progress.

Start off with being strong in non-confrontational situations. You wanna start with people that are smaller and weaker than you, of course. When girl scouts ask if you wanna buy cookies, tell them to f**k off. Then, progress up to telemarketers. Soon, co-workers when they ask how you’re doing. Then, family and friends. If you keep this up, you’ll soon find yourself presented with PLENTY of confrontational situations to practice in.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t count on that going so well…

2 Likes

this. @OP you’re just mad because of your reaction. This is not an either or situation… There is a lot of middle ground between trembling knees and not being able to speak vs escalating an initally harmless confrontational situation to a fight / violence.

Your reaction to someone jelling at you “this is my parking place u idiot” wasn’t good, however still preferable over directly punching the guy. I can understand your frustration but lack of confidence in such situations is not a reason for violence. Just keep working at your confidence.

1 Like

You did the right thing.

I also have boxing experience, but no fights. I am not brave enough to fight in a ring.
I have trained some dutch kick boxing as well.

I learned to use my confidence to handle in a fight to de escalate such situations.
It just does not worth it to fight outside of the ring or outside the spar session, you are not gaining anything and you have everything to lose.

So the best thing you can do is speak with confidence and de escalate. You should have told him “hey man it is just a parking spot. Have it. Relax”. Think of it as you just saved his life if makes you feel better. I know from my training that I am able to fuck someone up real bad, I cant imagine how capable is someone like you, who has lots of amateur fights.

Worst case scenario is that you saved yourself from someone even more capable. In my twenties I worked in a hotel and I had a guest, a military man who has bounced for some extra money. A very capable man judging by his physique. He told me a story how after a shift, he gets attacked in a parking lot by drunks, who he just thrown out of the bar. He finds himself in a hospital, with missing finger from bites, being bitten everywhere and sexually assaulted. So you never know.

It is worth noting that, I am fairly certain, in all of human history, telling someone to relax has never had the effect of having that person relax. In point of fact, I find it has the exact opposite effect.

5 Likes

Just last night the wife was being a bit moody and snapped at me so I told her “Honey, you need to relax. Maybe go in the kitchen and make me a couple of sammichez”.

And wouldn’t you know it? You are absolutely right!

:face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Your mistake was asking for a couple of sandwiches instead of 1 big one. If you really need that much bread, make a club sandwich.

2 Likes

Your mistake was saying “maybe…”

You need to be more alpha.

1 Like

Frankie, who went to Hollywood, begs to differ:

This alone refutes your statement. When Frankie says relax, you relax.

3 Likes

Probably.

I try to avoid making absolute statements.

I end up trying to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia instead: please advise.

3 Likes

Just listen to whatever your friend Billy Zane has to say. He’s a real cool guy.

2 Likes

Yeah never tell a woman to relax. Instead tell her to get wound up, hit something, scream. It will make her stop and think - at the very least give you time to escape.

If it’s a guy who is mad and wound up, just show him your boobs. It short-circuits his whole brain. If you’re a guy, pull up a picture of boobs on your phone and show it. If that’s not available and you have moobs, this will also work, just not to the same degree as if you were female.

7 Likes

Start at about 30 seconds in

1 Like

Shhh! :shushing_face:

^
That. That right there has gotten me hit by some otherwise very kind, non-violent women.

1 Like

What were your test levels at the time?

A lot of women have remarked that I smell like a fine sports car.

So probably 9 or 10 thousand. Natty.

2 Likes

Do you have women flocking towards you in large crowds due to your high test levels?

In this episode, Rick creates a potion that gives Morty the highest testosterone levels in the galaxy.

1 Like