Being Prescribed Test @ 100mg/Week

Hi all,

I’m going to list out the facts to make this an easy read:

I’ve had symptoms of Low-T for most of my adult life. I am 29 years old now, 185lbs, 5’10, probably mid to high 20’s in BF. The majority of that bodyfat is around my midsection. I have recently lost 23 lbs (I was up to 208lbs) on a 2000 calorie per day diet with 500-700 calories burned on a 40 minute workout of ruck marching with a 50lb pack for 40 minutes - 1 hour bringing me to roughly a 1000 calorie deficit allowing 2lbs per week to be lost.

My macros are 40% carbs, 35% protein, 25% fat…I’m eating well and meals are spaced out (had experience losing weight beforehand) I have been on this diet for exactly 84 days and am almost EXACTLY at 2 lbs per week loss. I have only been doing cardio.

Tomorrow I start Testosterone cypionate @ 100mg a week for the rest of my life most likely. My levels were VERY LOW before hand at around 185ng/dl. I have extensively read on all the coming benefits (increased libido, more lean mass, less body fat everywhere and around the middle, more energy, better mood, etc)

My question is this: I want to probably get down to 165-170ish (15-20lbs more loss) but I’m not sure if I should stick on my 2000 calorie a day diet with this new boost. Since this TRT will aid my muscle gaining and fat loss…can I go up to 2500 calories a day and cut cardio about halfway (20 minutes a day, 5 days a week) and throw in weightlifting and possibly have great results like losing 1lb a week of fat and gaining .5-1lb a week of muscle?

I know it’s very difficult to both lose and gain simultaneously, BUT, will this boost help make that possible since the new higher testosterone levels will be new to my body? Should I stick to 2000 calories and just cut cardio in half and lift?

I really appreciate your insights and am excited to see what life will be like soon! Thanks guys!

[quote]johnholmes112 wrote:
Hi all,

I’m going to list out the facts to make this an easy read:

I’ve had symptoms of Low-T for most of my adult life. I am 29 years old now, 185lbs, 5’10, probably mid to high 20’s in BF. The majority of that bodyfat is around my midsection. I have recently lost 23 lbs (I was up to 208lbs) on a 2000 calorie per day diet with 500-700 calories burned on a 40 minute workout of ruck marching with a 50lb pack for 40 minutes - 1 hour bringing me to roughly a 1000 calorie deficit allowing 2lbs per week to be lost.

My macros are 40% carbs, 35% protein, 25% fat…I’m eating well and meals are spaced out (had experience losing weight beforehand) I have been on this diet for exactly 84 days and am almost EXACTLY at 2 lbs per week loss. I have only been doing cardio.

Tomorrow I start Testosterone cypionate @ 100mg a week for the rest of my life most likely. My levels were VERY LOW before hand at around 185ng/dl. I have extensively read on all the coming benefits (increased libido, more lean mass, less body fat everywhere and around the middle, more energy, better mood, etc)

My question is this: I want to probably get down to 165-170ish (15-20lbs more loss) but I’m not sure if I should stick on my 2000 calorie a day diet with this new boost. Since this TRT will aid my muscle gaining and fat loss…can I go up to 2500 calories a day and cut cardio about halfway (20 minutes a day, 5 days a week) and throw in weightlifting and possibly have great results like losing 1lb a week of fat and gaining .5-1lb a week of muscle?

I know it’s very difficult to both lose and gain simultaneously, BUT, will this boost help make that possible since the new higher testosterone levels will be new to my body? Should I stick to 2000 calories and just cut cardio in half and lift?

I really appreciate your insights and am excited to see what life will be like soon! Thanks guys![/quote]

lifting is a great way to burn calories while preserving muscle.

the testosterone will make a significant difference if you really were as low as 185ng/dl

I would suggest eating a bit more than 2000 calories, and mixing things up a bit to avoid stagnating.

I have no doubt that T will make a difference. I have been on T for about 2 months. Last 4 weeks I have been dieting down to lean out. I have lost 1.25 inches off my waist, gained 3 milimiters on my biceps and all my lifts have gone up despite being on a caloric deficit, indicating a fat loss and a small muscle gain.

How much difference it makes for you will depend on your genetics, thyroid health, diet, training, etc.

Make sure you read the Protocol for Injections sticky.

Thanks for the replies guys! I will be sure to check out the stickies and bump my calories up a tad and throw in lifting!