Being Overweight and Taking Measurements Accurately....

Hey guys…got a question…thinking outloud…

I have about 100 pounds of weight to lose and I am currently on a modified Vdiet right now (Shugs would not reccomend the fullblown V-Diet to me)

I am taking one dose of HOT-ROX Extreme and one dose of Carbolin 19 a day…

On top of this I am consuming 10 grams of GLA and 15-20 grams of Fish Oil a day and also some saturated fats (organic coconut oil) here and there…

I am also take about 7 grams of creatine on non workout days and 14 on workout days…also with every meal I am taking 5 grams of Leucine spread throughout the day…

This is just me thinking out loud…but the first week I definately noticed a slimming affect in my body and torso…the second week though my body looks like it normally does…no measurements or weight has been taken since I started (It makes me paranoid so I was just gonna take my weight and measurements at the end of the first month)…

Here is my question is it possible that lets say a person has a hefty amount of fat to lose…and they take Carbolin 19, HRX and Creatine, Leucine…and hefty doses of fish oil…all of these which can have a potential effect of making a muscle bigger and gaining muscle…

Would it be possible for a person to lose fat and gain muscle and their measurements and appearance stay the same? (I have too much fat to take an accurate skinfold)…

For instance lets say your chest muscles get bigger( either in muscle gained or from the volumizing effect of creatine) and even although you lost fat that week you chest looks the same and your measurement stays the same…

Is this possible? It seems like with all this I’m using it has the best benefit body composition wise but not very good for measuring things since the only things I can track is weight and measurements and not skinfolds…I hope this make sense…any input on this?

Turbo

[quote]Pugsley wrote:
Would it be possible for a person to lose fat and gain muscle and their measurements and appearance stay the same? (I have too much fat to take an accurate skinfold)…[/quote]

This is possible.

However, with that much fat to lose all of these supplements may be overkill. You should be able to lose fat relatively easily through diet and exercise at this point, so why not just go with HOT-ROX and save everything else until your progress stalls?

Well I just wanted to follow the V-Diet supplementation program as closely as I could…I get tired of hitting a freakin wall in my fatloss…every diet I do it seems the same things happen within 3 weeks my fatloss stalls and wont freakin budge…If my body wants to be stubborn about it I can be more of a bull…so I went with a modified V-Diet 2-3 shakes throughout the day and a big healthy salad with lean protein and healthy dressing (though not overkill on the cals) for my last meal of the day…

Also I got tired of eating crap and wanted to do a 180 with my tastebuds…and resensitize my tastebuds…I don’t know what it is man but I have about 210 pounds of lean body mass underneath this fat and I have a powerlifting background but my body seems to adapt to anything I throw at it very quickly and then hit a brick wall fatloss wise…

If you have 100 lbs to lose, measurements should still be useful. For some body parts (ie chest), it may be possible to lose fat and gain muscle, but is unlikely that you will gain that much muscle that it will negate the fat loss. For other parts like your waist, fat loss and therefore reduced measurements are the only thing that’s going to happen. I doubt that your waist is going to bulk.

I recommend taking weekly pics (same time of day, same lighting no flexing or sucking in) as they are very useful. I did the V-diet in May and lost about 16 lbs. I did have some parts like my hips and legs that did go up as I put on muscle and the measaurements went up. The pics showed increased definition, so I could tell that it was mscule gain. Good luck.

Hi Pugs,

I have similar issues with stalling or plateauing. I used the V-Diet to break through this time. I read something recently however about using diet breaks to keep the body from stalling out on diets. It doesn’t mean cheat with bad food or go ape or anything. It just means about every six weeks spend two weeks eating at a normal caloric maintenance level with good foods. It helps keep the body from adjusting to the deficit calorie intake as ‘normal’.