"Being Openly Conservative is Harder Than Being Gay", Is She Kidding?

That’s what counts, not social media which is 90% fake anyway.

These things you call “fake” seem to have an incredible effect on the “real” world (not the MTV show).

For the record, I hate Social Media, despise it. This right here is the extent to which I participate in any social media, in addition to watching youtube videos, and sometimes commenting on them.

I’m not sure either. I read one article and it wasn’t clear. It had her tweets in it as well, which I didn’t find offensive. They seemed accurate, but I realize using accurate language can be upsetting to people.

I think they don’t. They only convince people they do.

1 Like

So I’ll say this, if she is speaking in generalities then I trust you a lot more than I trust her. If she is talking about her personal experience then I don’t see any problems with her feeling that way.

This has been discussed ad-nauseum.

Conservative media has a much larger influence and overall footprint than it wishes to admit. (It’s a lot easier to consider oneself “the 300” fighting against the Liberal Hordes).

Overall “leaning” left? Yes. But not to the degree that the Right seems to portray it. Conservative media has a very, VERY strong foothold.

What does that even mean? A free press and freedom of speech were liberal creations so it would be normal to expect them to lean liberal. I think Americans mix up terms like leftist and liberal. CNN might be liberal but it is far from leftist. It’s not Pravda from 1915.

And as I’ve been pointing out lately by far the biggest cable news program is right leaning and the radio is overwhelmingly dominated by the right. More people still listen to the radio than what people think. And it’s not even close who’s winning there.

I was listening to the radio down south. The number of stations dedicated to religion and so-called conservative politics was nothing like we have in the northeast (we spawned Howard Stern). I would play one of the conservative stations for a few minutes then switch it to NPR. I asked my daughter if she noticed a difference and she noticed that the conservative station was pure anger and yelling. NPR sounded like normal people having a civilized conversation. I don’t know how anyone could listen to that anger on a daily basis. And I can only imagine what it must do to someone’s brain. There were some good country stations though.

In the new modern social media world (youtube and online news) yes, in mainstream outlets, not really. 96 % of journalist donations went to Hilary last election.

Given Trump’s view of the free press it would only make sense from a keep my job pov.

If that were true, it would be ironic that Trump has actually been more open and less restrictive of the press than Obama was.

I thought we were talking about Hillary.

My comment was a general anecdote on the outcome, not a disputation of your post.

I think Trump loves Jim Acosta. Maybe not as much as Jim Acosta loves Jim Acosta, but he likes having someone to “punch”.

Obama claimed Fox News was against him. That is different than saying the press is against America.

Obama banned fox news from the white house press core. That is an order of magnitude worse than any number of fake news tweets.

Actually he didn’t. That information is out there. Which makes your fake news comment rather ironic.

But again, Hillary.

False.

The Obama administration never rescinded the press passes of Fox News reporters nor ejected or banned them from White House press conferences.

Obama intentionally started omitting Fox news from the press pool at events. It never actually came to fruition because all the other news organizations threatened to boycott and got Fox re-invited. They did however, take fox out of the press pool at one point.

That’s inaccurate. You are referring to interviews with the Treasury Dept., not the press pool. Again, the facts are out there if facts matter.