T Nation

Being Asked if You Train

When people ask you if you lift weights, train, do any sports etc. what is the typical circumstance? With me it’s nearly always while eating. I can think of a total of one person who ever asked me if I train while I wasn’t eating - that was a tailor measuring me for a suit. But over a meal it’s a fairly regular occurence.

Yeah, I know the idea is to get to the point where people know you lift weights as soon as they see you, even if you’re wearing a suit. I’m obviously not there yet but I apparently can make eating look athletic, haha.

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
When people ask you if you lift weights, train, do any sports etc. what is the typical circumstance? .[/quote]

when we are first introduced

love the “do u have a six pack” question… i get that all the time when im out talkin to the ladies… its like they see u got some muscle and they have to ask… :)… too bad my abs are shit right now, been a bit lazy lately with my cardio… but thats gonna change startin this week! shit, its almost summer time…

Somebody asked me if I was a “runner” the other day.

Took a couple days to shake that one off.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
DSmolken wrote:
When people ask you if you lift weights, train, do any sports etc. what is the typical circumstance? .

when we are first introduced[/quote]

Ditto. They are usually “joking” when they say it.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
DSmolken wrote:
When people ask you if you lift weights, train, do any sports etc. what is the typical circumstance? .

when we are first introduced[/quote]

LMAO! X2

When im wearing t-shirts all the time. Its very obvious.
But when im clothed up, no.

Yeah, I’ve been doing a few jumping jacks in the mornings.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

Took a couple days to shake that one off.[/quote]

haha! pwnt.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

haha! pwnt.[/quote]

I understand! I got asked once if I did crossfit! OUCH!!!

i get “do you play football” or “what sport do you play” a lot.

even at the gym i had someone ask if i used to play football.

but yeah usually anytime someone walks by me or whatever at work (since its a resturaunt and people pass each other a lot) its always “hey scuze’ me big guy”

and im only 6’ft 210 but i have really big forearms and broad shoulders and developed traps and a good sized back so like even though im not huuuuuuge my frame gives it away.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

haha! pwnt.[/quote]

It was an Indian girl that teaches yoga at my gym, im praying that it a language barrier thing, maybe she meant to say " you look strong, like ox" but during the translation it came out wrong.

I had just hobbled away from the squat rack too. I was wearing sweat pants and a hoody, but nonetheless, it was a pretty strong blow to take.

I just filled my freezer with steak, for totally unrelated reasons.

They just ask how often I train, haha!

[quote]Artem wrote:
Yeah, I’ve been doing a few jumping jacks in the mornings.[/quote]

HAHA…

one of my favorite quotes from Zach Braff on Scrubs.

“Maybe its the 10 pushups i’ve been cranking out every other Sunday, but the ladies have been checking me out”

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

It was an Indian girl that teaches yoga at my gym, im praying that it a language barrier thing, maybe she meant to say " you look strong, like ox" but during the translation it came out wrong.

I had just hobbled away from the squat rack too. I was wearing sweat pants and a hoody, but nonetheless, it was a pretty strong blow to take.

I just filled my freezer with steak, for totally unrelated reasons.[/quote]

LMAO, this is great stuff.

Yea a lot, but what pisses me off is hearing “You better lay off those steriods!” (I’m not on the juice)

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

Took a couple days to shake that one off.[/quote]

Hopefully this lady ment sprinter. Maurice Green style

edit: Or Dwain Chambers on the gear style

My traps stop that question in its tracks

but if they must ask, the handshake finishes the thought FOREVER

Your Immortal
Rockula

CT Rock, arent you also like 300 pounds ?