Being a Dorm Room Chef

If anyone would like to share their culinary masterpieces created in a dorm room using minimal equipment please share.
By minimal equipment i basically mean my only method of heating up food is a microwave.

Today i made crab salad, i don’t really measure my ingredients

1 packet imitation crab or lobster
Diced celery and onions
black pepper
a tiny amount of lemon juice
mayonnaise

I would like to learn a few recipes for myself and my roommates, hopefully i can teach my dumb fuck suitemate how to cook. Last week he basically set the place on fire because he put a poptart in the microwave for 3 minutes.EVERYTHING smelled burnt. Sadly this kid is trying to major in law, hopefully he is out by the end of the semister.

I would really like to hear about some pasta dishes you guys have made

Ingredients:
ephedrine
sudafed
muriatic acid
dayquil
lithium
ether
methylalcohol

[quote]artw wrote:
Ingredients:
ephedrine
sudafed
muriatic acid
dayquil
lithium
ether
methylalcohol
[/quote]

bahahaha sorry, i forgot to add that whatever you make must be drug free

Omelets are super easy to make. Just crack a few eggs, whisk, put it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, then add some frozen veggies and heat the rest of the way. Oh, and make sure you cover the bowl…unless you want egg all over your microwave.

Also, anything with plain oatmeal is easy, too. I’ve made oatmeal and then cooked a handful of spinach along with some diced onions & tomatoes. After, just put in a dash of whatever seasonings you like with lemon/lime juice. Sometimes I even make frozen grilled chicken in the microwave (can pick it up at any grocery store) and throw that in there. It’s awesome.

My advice is to be adventurous. Isn’t that what college is all about? :slight_smile:

[quote]AmericanGirl wrote:
My advice is to be adventurous. Isn’t that what college is all about? :-)[/quote]

Someone tried some girl on girl action in college…

:slight_smile:

OP, why don’t you just go to the dining hall? Cooking something useful in the dorm is next to impossible.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
OP, why don’t you just go to the dining hall? Cooking something useful in the dorm is next to impossible.[/quote]

i do, three times a day. But on weekends i like to change things up, my meal plan only covers monday through friday but i usually pay to get in the cafeteria for breakfast on weeekends. So lunch and dinner are pretty experimental

One of my favorites is oatmeal, with either a hand ful of cranberrys, or raisins, or sliced apple. Eight minutes and have it with Soymilk. I also have at least three eggs with this, and have added in various amounts of protein powder to increase the meal value.

Slice a yam into pieces and steam. Once you get the time down pat you will enjoy this, and it’s good for you. There are sooo many veggie combination you can steam to have with tuna or chicken.

Good luck to you.

I usually ricky ninja some food from the cafeteria and stash it in my mini fridge for later use.

I second the be creative, every now and again you will get a “I wont try that again recipe” but most of them turn out ok if you use things that you like.

I am the oatmeal and egg nuking master on my hall floor !!!

Quick, easy and super tasty

make mac n cheese In a hot pot, then empty a can of tuna into it. I used to live on that meal In college (no frills mac n cheese for 25 cents, then store brand, sometimes dented cans of chunk tuna).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
make mac n cheese In a hot pot, then empty a can of tuna into it. I used to live on that meal In college (no frills mac n cheese for 25 cents, then store brand, sometimes dented cans of chunk tuna).

S[/quote]

wish i could but i have a whey allergy, it makes life difficult and depressing

back when i used to be on tour alot we were forced to cook in motels all the time.

can of beans in the coffee maker pot for about an hour to heat it…then open it
you can also make mr. noodles in a coffee maker
then of course the obvious stuff like peanut butter, tuna, protein shakes etc.
raw vegies/salads were always easy to…try a diced tomoatoe, diced spanish onion, olive oil, salt pepper and a can of tuna.

Back in my college days, here’s what I did:

Step 1: Steal food, plates, silverware, etc from the dining hall
Step 2: Break the rules and get an electric griddle
Step 3: Reheat/Cook stolen ingredients (i used to ask for 6 raw eggs at a time and they would give them to me)
Step 4: Place finished product on the stolen plate
Step 5: Eat and repeat

George Foreman is your friend