Behold, Venom!

[quote]pookie wrote:
V for Vendetta, also good.
[/quote]

Oh wow, that was the worst!!!
My girlfriend and i have a long running joke where she will never, ever forgive me for making her watch this movie. Whenever she is losing an arguement all she has to say is “yeah well, V for Vendetta buddy” and we both piss ourselves laughing.
To each their own…:slight_smile:

Actually Daredevil the dicector’s cut was so much better than the movie they put out. It’s totally different, more violent, no love scene, Coolio. If you didn’t like the movie try watching the director’s cut I bet most of you would dig it.

V wasnt bad at all. Not great but definitely not bad.

[quote]superpimp wrote:
Actually Daredevil the dicector’s cut was so much better than the movie they put out. It’s totally different, more violent, no love scene, Coolio. If you didn’t like the movie try watching the director’s cut I bet most of you would dig it.[/quote]

Interesting. That’s the first positive comment I hear about DD. I was personally very disappointed, although Ben Affleck was a giveaway that there wouldn’t be any good acting.

Think I’m gonna go rent it soon…

[quote]superpimp wrote:
I’m curious why is a poorly written ill concieved comic character everyone’s favorite? I can see Venom being cool, the combination of the rejected lover(the black costume) and Brock’s hatred of Spiderman costing him his job creates Venom. But a bad sequal who get’s off on killing YAWN Caarnage is uber lame.[/quote]

Agreed.

Carnage was everything that was bead about the 90’s in comics wrapped up in one shittily designed character.

Plus, his name is “Cletus”.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
pookie wrote:

My girlfriend and i have a long running joke where she will never, ever forgive me for making her watch this movie. Whenever she is losing an arguement all she has to say is “yeah well, V for Vendetta buddy” and we both piss ourselves laughing.
To each their own…:slight_smile: [/quote]

What exactly do you think is so horrible about this movie? I saw it recently and liked it a lot. The plot was interesting, the acting was good (occasionally excellent) and special effects and action scenes well made. Obviously not everyone is going to like every story, no matter how good some people think it is, and if you watch this expecting to see a super hero movie you’re inevitably going to be disappointed, but nevertheless it is a quality movie and if it wasn’t your cup of tea I would have thought a simple “I didn’t really like it” would suffice.

It’s not like you forced her to watch Plan 9 from Outer Space or something. Why would you think that it was torture?

[quote]stockzy wrote:

What, specifically, didn’t you like about it?

I thought it was an interesting twist on the anarchist/terrorist theme. Instead of depicting the “bad guy” (ie, V in this case) as a nutcase psychopath, he’s an educated, highly intelligent and resourceful individual who’s fighting an increasingly oppressive government.

Before that movie, I thought Natalie Portman was a dud as an actress, mostly from her rigid funny-when-it-shouldn’t-be performances in Star Wars; but I was pleasantly surprised with her in V. Her character changes and grows throughout the movie and I felt she pulled it off quite nicely.

Of course, it’s a different type of enjoyment than watching Blade or Wolverine slashing bad guys… So it might not be what people were expecting at first.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Before that movie, I thought Natalie Portman was a dud as an actress, mostly from her rigid funny-when-it-shouldn’t-be performances in Star Wars; but I was pleasantly surprised with her in V. Her character changes and grows throughout the movie and I felt she pulled it off quite nicely.
[/quote]

Do you not remember her in The Professional???

[quote]tykemathis wrote:
These movies are awsome, all the other super hero movies blow![/quote]

Blade 1 - awesome
Blade 2 - overall pretty cool
Blade 3 - UGH

Batman Begins - Loved this freaking movie
Batman - Great movie the one that really defined comic book movies
Batman - 2 to forever - terrible

Constantine - I liked this movie, I never really read the book but the movie was pretty cool

Crow 1 - Brandon lee…badass

Hulk - ugh terrible

Hellboy - Ugh

X men - 2 I liked the best 1 was good 3…eh

Superman - How can we forget Christopher Reeves? Good stuff

V for Vendetta - I liked it

Sin City - BADASS!

Daredevil - I know most people hated this movie but I actually liked it

Elektra - Terrible

Spiderman 1 - Eh…not too thrilled

Spiderman 2 - I liked this one better than 1

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
superpimp wrote:
Actually Daredevil the dicector’s cut was so much better than the movie they put out. It’s totally different, more violent, no love scene, Coolio. If you didn’t like the movie try watching the director’s cut I bet most of you would dig it.

Interesting. That’s the first positive comment I hear about DD. I was personally very disappointed, although Ben Affleck was a giveaway that there wouldn’t be any good acting.

Think I’m gonna go rent it soon…
[/quote]

Make sure you get the directors’ cut the case is all black the the DD logo on it, I can’t stress how different this movie is from the theatricle release, The Kingpin is more badass and snaps his bodygaurds neck, Foggy Nelson goes from comic relief to a good lawyer, Matt doesn’t stay with Elektra(and actually goes to the party to apologize to her), and Coolio

[quote]stockzy wrote:
pookie wrote:

holy crap…exactly the same thing for me. I’ll complain about her movie selection or something and she’ll just be like, “Whatever Mr. I wanna go watch V for Vendetta.”

that shit ws garbage IMO.

The Spiderman series on the other hand is awesome. Looking very forward to seeing Venom & The Sandman in action.

Raimi definitely does them justice.

The final movie version of Venom.

Venom will be by far the better of the badguys on this one.

[quote]PGA wrote:
The final movie version of Venom.[/quote]

Great, Diet Venom.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
PGA wrote:
The final movie version of Venom.

Great, Diet Venom. [/quote]

No shit. I really dig the Joan Crawford shoulder pads too.

One MAJOR point…has Sam Raimi ever let us down?

Besides Batman, Spider-Man has the best gallery of villians in the comic book universe. The X-men have an impressive gathering of bad guys but they are a collective group of mutants who fight other mutants mostly.

Spider-Man has a great roster to pick from. I’m glad they chose to do Venom before the series got stale. What I would really like to see is Craven the Hunter in part 4 instead of Carnage, if there is going to be a part 4.

[quote]PGA wrote:
One MAJOR point…has Sam Raimi ever let us down?[/quote]

Yes, repeatedly. Bringing Gwen Stacy into the picture now, instead of at the beginning, is retarded. Organic webshooters are retarded. Making the Green Goblin look the way he did was retarded…

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
PGA wrote:
One MAJOR point…has Sam Raimi ever let us down?

Yes, repeatedly. Bringing Gwen Stacy into the picture now, instead of at the beginning, is retarded. Organic webshooters are retarded. Making the Green Goblin look the way he did was retarded…
[/quote]

The green goblin was not done perfectly, especially when you have a face like Dafoe. I can agree with that.

He didn’t do the script.

So far he has made the first two pretty damn entertaining for all age groups. I have no doubt he will do the same with #3.

[quote]PGA wrote:
pookie wrote:

Do you not remember her in The Professional???[/quote]

Yeah, she was hot! I mean, you could tell she was gonna be hot…