Behind the Neck Press

i was wondering what excersise is good for substituting nehind the neck press. i already do military, push press, db press,pull ups but on different days and behidn the necks are wicked unconfortable for me

[quote]livinthedream wrote:
i was wondering what excersise is good for substituting nehind the neck press. i already do military, push press, db press,pull ups but on different days and behidn the necks are wicked unconfortable for me[/quote]

The one’s you listed here are good substitutes. Go with those, just make sure to balance the push/pull movements.

Those are good shoulder builders, but I would ask, why is it uncomfortable? Is it a flexibility issue? Do other movements cause pain as well? I popped my rotator cuff once upon a time and BTN movements were really bad for a while. Do you stretch or warm up your shoulders any?

Just some food for thought.

-folly

well i do behind the neck with chin ups? i do them and it hits the back of my head i feel like i have to look down just to get it up? and it doesnt seem like it is good form when i do that

Very few people have the flexibility to do behind the neck anything so be careful. If it doesn’t feel right stick to dumbell presses or push presses. They are a much more natural plane of motion to be working your shoulders than behind the neck…