Beginning the Start of a Six Pack

[quote]jck524 wrote:
I dont do legs because i just dont give a damn about them, im not working out to become rlly huge im working out only for looks, i know people are going to say OMG no wonder you dont have abs you dont squat and drink milk or deadlift. I really believe it is not required to do these exercises to get a six pack. [/quote]

Holy Shit man. I don’t drink Milk (where did that come from) but leg work-outs are so important to me or any good trainer with half a brain for that matter. My trainer (a Poliquin Intern) has me on this split because my upper body is very fast twitch. legs(deadlifts)/ chest and back/ off/ legs (back squats)/ arms and shoulders/ off/ off.
and guess what.

in 6 months I have gone from a 118lb little bitch to a 150 lb ripped up little bastard. oh yeah and my non- existant abs started… uhh existing without any “ab” routine. everyone but you seems to get this.

[quote]sugarbnr wrote:

in 6 months I have gone from a 118lb little bitch to a 150 lb ripped up little bastard. oh yeah and my non- existant abs started… uhh existing without any “ab” routine. everyone but you seems to get this.[/quote]

Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

Funny how that happens with abs isn’t it? I have people asking me all the time what I do for my abs. When I tell them that I don’t do anything specifically for them they look at me like I’ve got three heads.

Seriously, if more people just started lifting correctly and eating well, they’d be amazed at how much further along they’d be than when they were obsessively performing umpteen sets of ab isolation exercises.

He’s just scared if he digs deep for a squat or deadlift that his vagina is going to get dirty.

heres a problem with not hitting your legs, your body is fortunately much smarter then you are, if your legs don’t grow with the rest of your body you will not be able to get your precious beach muscles to the next level, no matter how hard you try.

Now point 2, leg work is hard, i dont mean quarter squats, and leg extensions, i mean squats, hard work = calorie burn = leaner. 3rd, you wong look hooge and swooole, you’ll look like lightbulb and women will see and laugh. and its true, if you want big arms…FUCKING SQUAT! GET YOUR PANTIES OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DIG DEEP!!! YOU CAN ALWAYS SHOWER OFF AND CLEAN YOUR VAGINA AFTER!

[quote]ironjoe wrote:
He’s just scared if he digs deep for a squat or deadlift that his vagina is going to get dirty.

heres a problem with not hitting your legs, your body is fortunately much smarter then you are, if your legs don’t grow with the rest of your body you will not be able to get your precious beach muscles to the next level, no matter how hard you try.

Now point 2, leg work is hard, i dont mean quarter squats, and leg extensions, i mean squats, hard work = calorie burn = leaner. 3rd, you wong look hooge and swooole, you’ll look like lightbulb and women will see and laugh. and its true, if you want big arms…FUCKING SQUAT! GET YOUR PANTIES OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DIG DEEP!!! YOU CAN ALWAYS SHOWER OFF AND CLEAN YOUR VAGINA AFTER![/quote]

Man I couldn’t have said it better myself bro. Truth is… most people are pussies and can’t handle hard work. sucks to be them and it’s better for me.haha

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
If you were no beginner, you would know that having a “six-pack” or whatever other shape of abdominal muscles you aim for is 100% determined by your parents and cannot be altered through training…

And last, you claim to weight between 175-180 lbs at 6ft1 AFTER a ‘bulk’ ? what exactly do you want to cut ? Amputate a leg maybe ? You cannot flex bone, no matter how hard you try.

With that weight you are either skinny-fat or just skinny, you should start working out and eating like you work out.[/quote]

Umm… thats funny you’re calling people beginners when you’re talking out your ass… you’re saying that people can’t have a six pack if their genetics won’t allow it? Are you retarded? Any person can build a 6 pack or an 8 pack. It’s called getting rid of fat and having some muscle to show.

2nd, a 6 foot guy at a lean 180 can have a pretty damn good physique. If you’re an idiot if you think a lean 180 is just a skinny guy. I remember one guy posting on the T-Nation forums who was about to go to a State BB competition. He’s about 180, but lean. TC even asked for some pictures of him from the competition so he could post them in the Powerful Images section. 180 is really skinny or skinny fat huh?

As for working out the legs, if you’re simply working out only your upper body for aesthetic purposes, you’ll eventually realize you look like a doofus since you got some chicken ass legs. Yes you can build a great upper body without doing leg work but do you really wanna have a huge upper body and some twigs for legs supporting it? If you think that looks good… go for it. I can assure you though that hardly anyone will be impressed.

the two best ab exercises?
deadlifts and deep squats

i’ll admit i was once the guy who didn’t care about legs, but deep down i was just being a pussy. and so are you. grow a pair.

and as for the bulk comment, you’d want to be 175-180 after a cut, not after a bulk. so assuming this guy is 175 now, he’d cut down to around 160-165, which isn’t that impressive for someone who is 6 ft 1. the guy TC was talking about was cut to 180, not bulked to 180. big difference, especially considering the OP stated he was around 12-13% body fat and has “basically nothing in that area”

get on a real program with legs, put on a more weight, and start to cut in the spring.

OMG. I’ve never heard anything like this. I’m surprised that your legs are not fat as much of food as you eat and ain’t doing shit with them. Eventually they will though. I think its almost a health risk to gain weight just in your upper body and not train your legs but I never read anything on it, just a thought. But from my experience, I seen my fair share of huge upperbody dudes that had bad knee problems because they neglect their legs.

Big deal he doesn’t want big legs. To the OP, crunches and reverse crunches on the swiss ball gives you a full range of motion, throw in some leg raises too. Diet is what will give you abs more than anything else. I used to get on the tread mill run a lot and eat vegies and fish to get a six pack.

I think all of you will be pleased to hear…i am going to start doing squats and deadlifts.

[quote]tonyc wrote:

Umm… thats funny you’re calling people beginners when you’re talking out your ass… you’re saying that people can’t have a six pack if their genetics won’t allow it? Are you retarded? Any person can build a 6 pack or an 8 pack. It’s called getting rid of fat and having some muscle to show.

2nd, a 6 foot guy at a lean 180 can have a pretty damn good physique. If you’re an idiot if you think a lean 180 is just a skinny guy. I remember one guy posting on the T-Nation forums who was about to go to a State BB competition. He’s about 180, but lean. TC even asked for some pictures of him from the competition so he could post them in the Powerful Images section. 180 is really skinny or skinny fat huh?
. [/quote]

dude you are a supreme tool bag. first of all arnold was at 5% definently back in the day and he did not have an 8 pack and his training definately was not the flaw… point being abdominals growth potential is very small and genetics determine most of the way your abdominals will look.

ok 2nd hes not a “lean” 180 hes 13% bf at 6 1". And you failed to state the height of the second guy which is a major factor besides even if he was the same height his bf% was obviously much lower meaning he had about 15 of muscle on this guy.

I’m not going to bother with this kid. He just wants to be that typical scarwny douchebag you see on the beach that weighs in at 130lb max and thinks he’s top shit because of his itsy bitsy pseudo six pack.

For every metrosexual douchebag like you, there are guys that could bench press you with one arm for reps.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
I’m not going to bother with this kid. He just wants to be that typical scarwny douchebag you see on the beach that weighs in at 130lb max and thinks he’s top shit because of his itsy bitsy pseudo six pack.

For every metrosexual douchebag like you, there are guys that could bench press you with one arm for reps.[/quote]

lol dude your an idiot, i dont have a six pack hence the title of this post.

[quote]jck524 wrote:
I think all of you will be pleased to hear…i am going to start doing squats and deadlifts. [/quote]

Good for you jck524, now get to it. :slight_smile: