T Nation

Beginning Nutrition

Wasn’t sure if this should go in the “Beginners” area or “Nutrition” since it’s a “Nutrition for beginners” question.

So I’ve been around this site for a few months…reading LOTS of articles and absorbing/learning as much as I can.

The sheer amount of info is amazing AND a bit overwhelming…

I’ve been following CW’s ABBH program for a little while and have made some subtle adjustments every 6 to 8 weeks to keep things “new” so I’ve been happy with my training…

BUT…I feel kinda “all over” with my nutrition.

P+C
P+F
X grams of protein/lb
X grams of carbs…
bulking
cutting
etc…

Now, I know what these things ARE (as in what they stand for) but I’m having a hard time implementing them.

I’ve been trying to gain weight, and I KNOW the general adage “EAT MORE” applies…and I’ve been working on that, but obviously I don’t need to go out and eat a bucket of KFC (at least I don’t think I should :slight_smile:

So I guess my question (I know…FINALLY!)

What book/article/etc would you recommend to someone trying to eat healthy and bulk at the same time?

It would need to do a little hand holding, and I’m not much of a cook, but with a very detailed recipe I CAN follow instructions!

A friend of mine lent to me “Eating for Life” (which I like since the recipes are easy to follow) but it is geared more for losing weight.

Do I need to be as “carb conscious” since I’m trying to gain some weight?

Sorry for some many questions…

(on a PLUS note, since December I HAVE put on a little weight ~10lbs…but that happened kinda early, is likely water weight since I had started taking some creatine, and now my gaining has kinda flattened out)

Thanks for any help or shove in the right direction!

Check out Massive Eating by Dr. John Berardi.

Part 1:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

Part 2:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431

Part 2 gives you a sample meal plan, and none of the food looks hard to make, so it should be easy to follow.

I would also check out the thread ‘My Experience on the Anabolic Diet’ in the Supplements and Nutrition forum and see if that helps any.