T Nation

Beginner Workout Routines?

Yo wat up everybody,

Well im 17 im new to the site,weigh about 140, n just started the gym , im looking to get overall big n cut im not strong but im not that weak either. The problem i notice though is that i have NO MUSCULAR ENDURANCE what so ever so im just looking for any advice/tips/workout routines

the following link has some really good information. check it out, it should help a lot.

http://www.T-Nation.com/index.do

[quote]Rocafella3o5 wrote:
…im not strong but im not that weak either.[/quote]
Meaning what? What are some of the weights, sets, reps, and exercises you do?

Why do you think this?

What does a training week look like for you, and what does a regular day’s eating look like? Do you have a gym membership, do you train at high school, or do you have equipment at home?

well i workout mostly everyday if not every other day. And it used to be 2 muscles per day but due to bad sleeping habits ive cut it down to 1 muscle per day. My diet consist breakfast(Oj,toast,eggs or a protein shake), lunch (some type of sandwich with water) and dinner(variated but balanced) and sometimes when i get hungry in between these times ill eat a fruit or just drink water

[quote]Rocafella3o5 wrote:
well i workout mostly everyday if not every other day. And it used to be 2 muscles per day but due to bad sleeping habits ive cut it down to 1 muscle per day. My diet consist breakfast(Oj,toast,eggs or a protein shake), lunch (some type of sandwich with water) and dinner(variated but balanced) and sometimes when i get hungry in between these times ill eat a fruit or just drink water [/quote]

sigh

[quote]Rocafella3o5 wrote:
well i workout mostly everyday if not every other day. And it used to be 2 muscles per day but due to bad sleeping habits ive cut it down to 1 muscle per day. My diet consist breakfast(Oj,toast,eggs or a protein shake), lunch (some type of sandwich with water) and dinner(variated but balanced) and sometimes when i get hungry in between these times ill eat a fruit or just drink water [/quote]

OK bro you started but keep going, what chris is asking is what you actuially do. we know now yo do a body part and work everyday and eat like a bird :slight_smile:

what do you do in the gym???

give us a typical week spare no detail, sets reps, rest etc.

I would also start reading up a bit on nutition here begin with the beginners thread above.

What Chris is doing and im continueing is well not feeding you but trying to teach you how to fish do some work for yourself and sure everyone will help,

read up, give that info and come back
Phill

I may be a newbie here, but am I right in saying that training 1 part a day isn’t the best way to train? I’d look more towards full body, upper/lower or push/pull splits.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
I may be a newbie here, but am I right in saying that training 1 part a day isn’t the best way to train? I’d look more towards full body, upper/lower or push/pull splits.[/quote]

I wouldnt say that bro. I personally spend most of my time in upper lower, or full body but will do a split from time to time. There have been and will be some awesome physiques built using a body part split. they all work find what does for you and dont get in a box try thing really try them for a nice month or two run before accepting or dismissing them

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
PF_88 wrote:
I may be a newbie here, but am I right in saying that training 1 part a day isn’t the best way to train? I’d look more towards full body, upper/lower or push/pull splits.

I wouldnt say that bro. I personally spend most of my time in upper lower, or full body but will do a split from time to time. There have been and will be some awesome physiques built using a body part split. they all work find what does for you and dont get in a box try thing really try them for a nice month or two run before accepting or dismissing them

Phill[/quote]

Yeah that’s a good point, different things work for different, I’ve tried a lot of them and for the most part have seen good results with all. As long as my diet was in check.