Beginner Workout Routine?

i was wondering if anybody can add some or change my ruietine to make it better.i am trying to gain size and strength.i do 3 sets of 10. everybody tell me somthing diferent on how many i should do(input please)I kinda washed my schudule so this is all i can remember!!

Monday- Chest/Tri’s
dumbells only. flat/incline/decline bench
hammer pushdowns
dips
Tuesday- Back/Bi’s
pull up’s
row
reverse fly
dumbell curls (21’s)
Wed- Legs
squats
leg press
leg curl machines
calf rises
Thurs-Shoulder
shoulder press
front rises
side rises
shrugs

Everybodys input will be very apreashated. Im sorry for my spelling.

[quote]jimbo1988 wrote:
i was wondering if anybody can add some or change my ruietine to make it better.i am trying to gain size and strength.i do 3 sets of 10. everybody tell me somthing diferent on how many i should do(input please)I kinda washed my schudule so this is all i can remember!!

Monday- Chest/Tri’s
dumbells only. flat/incline/decline bench
hammer pushdowns
dips
Tuesday- Back/Bi’s
pull up’s
row
reverse fly
dumbell curls (21’s)
Wed- Legs
squats
leg press
leg curl machines
calf rises
Thurs-Shoulder
shoulder press
front rises
side rises
shrugs

Everybodys input will be very apreashated. Im sorry for my spelling.

[/quote]

There are thousands of workout programs out there today. If you google ‘workout programs’ you’ll come up with millions of results. However you have to find which one works for you and your body and you see most gains. I want to let you know that you do have a great start on a plan.

Its good that you seperate each major muscle group by day.

However…

I would not work chest and tri’s in the same day, tri’s are worked out as a secondary muscle group, along with shoulders, while you work out your chest. By the end of your chest routine which typically most people do first, your tri’s will be weak and you wont be able to get your full potential out of them that day. Back and Biceps tie hand in hand the same way.

I split my workout like this

Monday- Chest (sometimes shoulders if i cant put them in on wednesday)
Tuesday- Back
Wednesday- Shoulders, Abs, Calves
Thursday- Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Friday - Legs
Sat - Abs, Calves

It works great for me!

Reps… I think having a specific rep number is not a good idea, you have to push the muscle group, thats what makes it grow. So give it all you got on each set. If your not tired after 10 reps you need to up the weight too. I generally get about 5-8 reps on my sets, and by the last one i can’t do anymore.

Instead of doing the routine you wrote above, look up a thread called ‘Starting Strength: The Guide’. One of the forum badasses started it to pay homage to one of the most effective training routines for beginners ever. It increases your base lifts, packs on muscle, and increases athleticism.

After you read the thread (Starting Strength: The Guide), do the program, and make sure you’re eating enough. Your scale weight should be slowly going up, and your lifts should be improving. This is how you’ll know you’re adding muscle.

Read the stickies too.