Beginner Women Training Program

Some good advice here.

At the end of the day though I think its important not to be pushy. I am using the following approach with my gf: give her helpful hints, try to educate her about myths, however some things must be worked out by the individual. And also try not o sound like a preacher.

tweet

And just another point…

maybe T-Nation could do more to cater for there female readers. We hardly see any female in the article photos, and Im not aware of any female authors. I try to get my gf to read T-Nation, but as soon as she sees a picture of a roid taking 200kg beast flexing his 28 inch biceps, she gets turned off.

Just a thought.

tweet

[quote]Peter Noto wrote:
It’s labeled arms too because of the tricep work that comes naturally with pressing and so it can act as a template of what exercises to eventually add to it. I guess right now the label is off, but bleh, I don’t think the label is too important.[/quote]

Gotcha. True, the label is a minor point, so no biggie.

For now, I’d go either with full body workouts or an upper/lower split. Being consistent with that, plus the right eating, should be plenty.

[quote]theBird wrote:
maybe T-Nation could do more to cater for there female readers.[/quote]
I’m not speaking for T-Nation as a whole, but to use an analogy… the magazine Powerlifting USA doesn’t run articles about bodybuilding in the hopes to appeal to more bodybuilders. The info presented might have some carryover between them, but as a whole, a target market is a target market. The information here is solid and applicable to the article’s intended audience. And really, considering there’s not a huge practical difference in the majority of men’s and women’s training, it wouldn’t hurt her to try tolerating the pictures (or disable the images) and soak up the info.

The article images themselves are a separate topic (which was actually recently discussed/explained in a thread in Get a Life).

Cool stuff, you pretty much answered all my questions, thanks dude. I have a couple questions about how much she should be eating. Actually, that is my question. But I don’t think that goes here, I have to put that in the supps + nutrition forum…

[quote]Peter Noto wrote:
Cool stuff, you pretty much answered all my questions, thanks dude. I have a couple questions about how much she should be eating. Actually, that is my question. But I don’t think that goes here, I have to put that in the supps + nutrition forum…[/quote]
No prob, man. Glad to help.

Go ahead and start another thread, or just ask them here since diet and training are connected anyhow. Either way.

Speaking very generally, I like this as a step-by-step guide to getting things in line: