Beginner Women Hot/Sexy Program

I think that a lot of women needlessly worry about getting ‘bulky’ muscles. Women can do a lot of the same programs that guys do. The progression will likely be slower since men are on natural steroids as compared to women. They aren’t going to suddenly get huge. Women with huge and muscular physiques are rare and they have to work very hard to get them.

Read the articles from the first post in this forum.

The second article in particular gives info about designing a program for noobs. And train your girlfriend the same way you would train yourself. She won’t make gains like you - it’s physically impossible w/o steroids. But you’re doing her body a complete diservice if you simply focus on her ass and abs and nothing else.

I’ve got my girlfriend doing 2 workouts on an ABA, BAB 2 week schedule.

workout A

Front Squats
Dumbell Bench/Row superset
Step Ups
Hip Thrusts
Rear Delt Fly/Planks superset

Workout B

Lunges
Pulldowns
Step ups
HIp thrusts
face pulls/Leg Curls superset

she loves it and has made really good progress. Supersetting exercises when she can and keeping an eye on how long she’s resting makes it feel like she’s getting a cardio workout, and she’s added like 9lbs of muscle which has pretty much all gone to her glutes. Can’t complain :slight_smile:

Pole dancing classes.

100% serious. Especially when combined with a lifting program.

Once getting past the initial awkwardness, I’ve not known a single girl who didn’t actually have a lot of fun with it (most classes are all women). And the results do speak for themselves, both for you and her.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Not just women, but skinny and/or fat dudes ask me all the time what they should do, but they dont “wanna get huge” like me. No one automatically gets gigantic by doing resistance training. Now, we can debate how much muscularity/mass is attractive on a woman, but I can guarantee you, 99.9% of the women even in the gray area, have put in TONS of work to get there. With that goal in mind.

I have been eating like a horse and training super heavy since Aug. and I have only come up 6 pounds…and thats TRYING HARD to do it!
Women will NOT get bulky unintentionally.

Yup ^^^.

Its fucking hard for men to get big and "bulky’ from lifting and they usually have the hormones for it. Heavy weights and HIIT make women hotter, not “bulky.” Women usually get too “bulky” when they eat like shit and carry too much fat. If she’s really worried about it, tell her to ease up on the carbs and keep her calories in check. But pile on the weights.

[quote]Semyour wrote:
I’m trying to help my girlfriend with her program.[/quote]
Ha, must be something about the holiday season. Check out this thread from the other day, with another guy asking the same question. Solid advice in there:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/beginner_women_training_program

“Mass” is essentially lean muscle and lean muscle is what makes bodies look good. It’s just that calling it “mass” has connotations of hyper-masculine female bodybuilders.

She might not want to become 180-pound bodybuilder, but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t mind increasing her lean muscle. See the typical women of Crossfit for examples of what happens when ladies start lifting consistently. There are two threads in the Get a Life forum with videos. Coyotegal, above, is obviously another awesome example.

As was suggested in that other thread, a basic full body lifting plan 3 days a week would be a fine start, especially if she has no prior training experience.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Coyotegal, above, is obviously another awesome example.

[/quote]

Wow! Super nice, thank you :slight_smile:

Long term, the goal ia to get her to start serious heavy weight training.

Short term, the first goal is to get her over her mental block fears of gaining “bulky muscle” and heavy weights–if she has them–and second to get her doing something she enjoys and will stick to consistently. If she is ok with you in charge of her fitness routine that’s great, but usually it works best if she feels like she is “in control” of her fitness program, even though it is you doing the work.

But the real goal is to get her doing something–anything, even non-weight training–that she enjoys and is challenging.

My suggestion is whatever weight training exercises you pick for her, avoid things that leave a"pump" because many women associate a pump feeling with muscle gain bodybuilder style. It’s purely psychological for them. The only exception is the abs–they like the burn feeling.

You got a lot of decent advice here, I just wanted to point out some general psychological things.

[quote]Semyour wrote:
she is not looking to build muscles, she like most girls I guess is looking to look hot, to look sexy[/quote]

Muscles aren’t hot and sexy?

I compete in powerlifting. Does she find my physique distasteful? Personally, I’d kill to be able to put on more muscle.

[quote]coyotegal wrote:
I have been eating like a horse and training super heavy since Aug. and I have only come up 6 pounds…and thats TRYING HARD to do it!
Women will NOT get bulky unintentionally.
[/quote]

this.

your girlfriend would probably look very sexy with an extra 6 pounds of muscle, and not bulky

Sorry for my english, It’s not my native english so I got trouble sometimes trying to explain myself.
When I said she doesn’t want mass or build muscle I meant that she doesnt want to get bulk, just get that sexy shape anyway you all got.
Hell a lot of advices here, thanks.

I read a little more, I was thinking about something like that
Train A: Upper Body
Train B: Circuit (something like the circuit on that article Sexy Female Training)
Day off
Train C: Lower Body
Train D: One or other exercise of that same article and 45min of running.

What do you guys think about that?
I wanted something different because at first, she doesnt like gym, so I thought that a fullbody would be kinda boring.
What about this way?

The advice given here is probably better than in the article. If she wants to incorporate more conditioning, this split allowed me to get stronger while losing about .25 - .5 lbs a week.

A: Full body work out, heavy weights
Rest
A: Full Body work out, heavy weights
B: Hard Conditioning (sprints, jogging, complexes, circuit, whatever)
rest
and throw in another day of rest here when she starts stalling, but otherwise repeat.

Since it’s on a 5-6 day split, workout days will change. If she needs something more weekly, try a 3 day full body work out (MWF), w/ conditioning on off days as she is able to still recover.

[quote]Semyour wrote:
Sorry for my english, It’s not my native english so I got trouble sometimes trying to explain myself.
When I said she doesn’t want mass or build muscle I meant that she doesnt want to get bulk, just get that sexy shape anyway you all got.
Hell a lot of advices here, thanks.

I read a little more, I was thinking about something like that
Train B: Circuit (something like the circuit on that article Sexy Female Training)
Day off

What do you guys think about that?
I wanted something different because at first, she doesnt like gym, so I thought that a fullbody would be kinda boring.
What about this way?[/quote]

If she doesn’t like the gym, maybe look into one of the many “boot camp” style work outs that are extremely popular right now, or some sort of a sport like rowing or swimming or something. If she’s registered for a class that takes place at a particular time with other women who are expecting to see her, it will be harder for her to skip out. She will likely have fun with the other girls/women and she may find it less “threatening” than weights, at least to start.

That said, training women isn’t really a whole lot different than training men. It’s mostly in her mind, but that’s still important. Again, she won’t get bulk accidentally and she won’t get “that sexy shape” without adding some muscle.

I thought about that batman and I totally agree with you, but all her friends don’t do nothing and the gym I could go with her.
I’ll look forward this “boot camp” style work out, I have never heard of it, I’ll search a little, thanks for the advice.
But anyway, what did you think about the training split that I posted?
Thanks man.

[quote]Semyour wrote:
Day off

What do you guys think about that?[/quote]
Might be good, might not be. There’s no real detail (exercises, sets, reps). Two days of lifting and two days of cardio is a very, very basic plan if it’s programmed correctly.

You’re much better off just following a pre-written program.

It’s not about what you think, it’s about what she thinks.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Semyour wrote:
Day off

What do you guys think about that?[/quote]
Might be good, might not be. There’s no real detail (exercises, sets, reps). Two days of lifting and two days of cardio is a very, very basic plan if it’s programmed correctly.

You’re much better off just following a pre-written program.

It’s not about what you think, it’s about what she thinks.[/quote]

I myself like the fullbody, but she said that some years ago when she tried to hit the gym she did fullbody and didn’t like, i’m first trying to make she like the gym.

I searched a little again, couldn’t find some pre-written programs especificaly for begginers, just lots of how-to-do, anyway I came up with this, would you mind to take a look and point what could change for what? Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering, you are helping a lot, thanks for all the tips. It would be something like that

Train A
Squats 4x10
Leg Press 3x8
Lunges 3x10
Lying Leg Curl 3x10
Leg Extension 3x10
Setead Calves 4x15

Train B
Circuit
Rest 15s between movements, 90s between circuits
Circuits: 4
Reps: 12
A1 - Reverse Hyper with Ball
A2 - Single leg bridge w/bench
A3 - Standing DB shoulder press
A4 - Lunges
A5 - Reverse Crunch

Train C
Bench Push-up 3x10
Shoulder DB Press 3x10
Lat Pulldown 3x10
Rear Delt Fly 3x10
DB Curls 3x8
Triceps Pulley 3x8

Train D

Superman Bridge
Hold the position for 45 on each side, 4 sets.
Run 45min

I know I might get attacked for this comment, but my girlfriend wanted to start lifting weights but was seriously intimidated, so I bought her the Charlean Extreme DVDs from BeachBody. I know not perfect, but it’s a very good way to get someone introduced to weight training in an easy to follow format. Not to mention, it’s not intimidating at all and the plan is spelled out for you and you can do it in your living room with a couple of 25lb adjustable dumbbells.

She HATED it at first b/c it was hard but she’s about 2 months in and her swearing at Charlene has come down quite a bit :slight_smile:

Soon, I’ll have her out in our carport doing some more advanced weight training :slight_smile:

[quote]Semyour wrote:
she is 19 years old

she said that some years ago when she tried to hit the gym she did fullbody and didn’t like[/quote]
No offense, but if she was training “some years ago”, she probably had no idea what she was doing. Most teenagers new to the gym don’t.

A well-designed full body program is a world different than wandering around doing any 8 or 10 random exercises that happen to work the entire body.

This interview with Pauline Nordin might be worth forwarding to your girl:

Train A
A) Squats or leg press 4x8-10
or A) Sumo deadlift 4x4-6
B) Lunges 3x8-10
C) Lying Leg Curl 3x10-12
or C) Leg extension (if deadlifting) 3x10-12
D) Seated or standing calves 3x12-15

Train B
Circuit
Rest 15s between movements, 90s between circuits
Circuits: 4
Reps: 10-12
A1 - Reverse Hyper with Ball
A2 - DB or medicine ball pullover
A3 - Single leg bridge w/bench
A4 - Standing DB shoulder press
A5 - Reverse Crunch

High incline treadmill 10-15 minutes.

Train C
A) Bench Push-up 4x6-8
B) Bent 2-DB row 4x8-10
C1) Lat pulldown 3x10-12
C2) Lateral raise 3x8-10
D1) DB Curls 3x8-12
D2) Triceps Pulley 3x8-12

Train D
Superman Bridge
Hold the position for 30-45 on each side, 4 sets.
High incline treadmill 10-15 min

That’s how I’d try to fix what you wrote.

Or, just follow this: