Beginner: What to Work Out?

Well, I posted up a while back a forum about asking how to lose weight. and i got alot of great responses. i took may in consideration and basically did them all, even from joining a gym to, creating a diet , and a calorie log. now that i got everything inorder i realized that i don’t even know where to start to work out on. legs / arms /back /abs. how many reps ? how many times a week ? nothing im clueless.

Please Some one Help me. any responses that are helpful are appreciated.

[quote]cageceo wrote:
Well, I posted up a while back a forum about asking how to lose weight. and i got alot of great responses. i took may in consideration and basically did them all, even from joining a gym to, creating a diet , and a calorie log. now that i got everything inorder i realized that i don’t even know where to start to work out on. legs / arms /back /abs. how many reps ? how many times a week ? nothing im clueless.

Please Some one Help me. any responses that are helpful are appreciated. [/quote]

You’ll get a lot of read the articles and quite frankly that is the best advice right now.

Start lifting total body about 3 sets of 10 for each body part while you are learning. This is a good weight/rep scheme that will allow light enough weight for proper form and yet enough stimuli to let your body know somethings being done.

There just is too much info out there to do justice to. Every chance you get read anarticle by Chad Waterbury or Ian King or, well quite frankly most any. But these are two great authors whose programs are fantastic. be warned though, some of these take a base of knowlege and some effort. For 6 mos or so stay with basic excercises, bench, row, squat, deads pullups. If you only did those exercises for 6 mos at a weight that pushes you to do between 6-10 reps you will be ready for most anything.

Come back with a little better base, and some ideas for us to critique.

It’s harder to go from nothing to something than it is to go from something to something better. With that in mind, choose any of the full-body programs avialable on this site (mine being the best of course :wink: and get started. And make sure you enjoy every rep…

[quote]cageceo wrote:

Please Some one Help me. any responses that are helpful are appreciated. [/quote]

[quote]CharlesStaley wrote:
It’s harder to go from nothing to something than it is to go from something to something better. With that in mind, choose any of the full-body programs avialable on this site (mine being the best of course :wink: and get started. And make sure you enjoy every rep…

cageceo wrote:

Please Some one Help me. any responses that are helpful are appreciated.

[/quote]

Cageceo! You’re back! Well, I would say to listen to Coach Staley and if you are looking for one of his programs that do a full body workout, here’s one of his recent:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=632710

Enjoy the pain… err, fun. :wink:

i started off with the Dawg School Beginner’s Blast-Off Program… liked it a lot. give it a shot.

(you can find a link on the are you a beginner threads probably)

Go to a Charles Staley seminar! The one at RIT was awesome coach. Thanks for coming.

Keep reading! you have access to a ton of FREE info on this site on all aspects of training, from numerous authors who know there stuff.

I beleive most of the authors offer seminars at various times and locations. I would look into it. If you are really that new some live instruction would help. Even if its not one on one, good personal trainers are hard to find.

Especially when you are new and have no knowlede base to compare the advice your getting.