Beginner Sprinting Program?

Why 60m?

Are you actually going to sprint at 100% effort for each of those 60m?
Beginning with all out 60m sprints is a good way to pull a hammy. That particular distance is the powerlifting equivalent of saying “i’m going to start a simple lifting program starting out at 8-10 sets of singles at 100% of my RM”

60m at 100% is extremely intense. If you are going to do them I would start out slower(85%) Otherwise a common method for increasing the intensity but not necessarily the volume of the runs in the track world is to perform a run of 60m with limitations. Such that an acceleration limit is set.

Example:

Set cones 10m from starting line and 60m end point. Start and accelerate from 0 to 10 meters at maximum effort. Whatever speed reached at 10m MAINTAIN (do not continue to accelerate) that speed and finish the rest of the run till 60m.

The next week place cones at 20m and 60m. Now you accelerate out till 20m, whatever speed you reach maintain and do not run faster till 60m.

Keep in mind most folks on here should probably use 5m increments as they will probably reach top speed around 30 maybe 40m. Just like in lifting where time is spend getting closer to maximum weights, it is necessary to apply similar concepts in sprinting especially in consideration of the huge limb velocities and by extension the potential for injury.

What is your ultimate reason for implementing sprinting?

There are two schools of thought: Short to long, Long to short.

Have you tried hills?