Beginner, Recommendations?

It sounds like the classic chasing two rabbits situation is going on.

1 Like

Have to learn how toā€¦

3 Likes

Sorry for missing that @bulldog9899. My ā€œsizeā€ and ā€œstrengthā€ werenā€™t really much to be honest. I was maybe a whole 135lbs and my best lifts were

• Bench: 145lbs x 1
  • Squat: 180lbs x 5
  • Deadlift: 245lbs x 1

I ā€œfell offā€ at like the halfway point of the 2.5 years and the rest essentially has been me half assing it

1 Like

i put it at the end of the log, didnā€™t want to make a seperate post

eat lots

is there like a food/nutrition thread around here? like do people commonly log their nutrition as well in their training logs?

Iā€™m running the program 4x a week, Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday. If I feel like doing something on Wednesday, Iā€™ll do some arms/shoulder work or some active recovery like Coach Thibs calls it or something

2 Likes

I also started my journey (at that point had been weight training for over a year) at 5ā€™9 and 120lb. My physique looked just like yours. I donā€™t have many pictures of me at that time but do have one.

If you have any questions about what I did or what worked for me Iā€™m happy to help.

1 Like

hey, I really appreciate you reaching out like that. Means a lot, and I will definitely ask if needed. Thanks for caring.

1 Like

No probs, when i see threads like this it always reminds me of myself when I started out, i was my own worst enemy because I actually believed the bullshit I was telling myself, (ā€œI eat 5000kcal a dayā€ or ā€œIā€™m a hard gainerā€¦ā€)

If you enjoy 5/3/1 I would recommend 5/3/1 for beginners, you can find this on Jimā€™s website for free, do this program until you stall, have a deload, TM test week, then start programming Leader/Anchor cycles.

But of course you need to be eating, eat loads , thereā€™s plenty of dietary suggestions on this site and donā€™t be worried of losing sight of your abs, youā€™ll have plenty of time in the future to lose some body fat.

Good luck!

From your log you ran for 1&1/4 hours!? ā€¦What is your goal for this -you want to compete in an event /cross country/Division 1 college athletics etc?

Runs like that will be diametrically opposed to making even basic levels of strength and muscle. you will maker things twice as hard for yourself, minimum.
You will have to clear up your priorities or be more balanced with your approach

Other oprtion is start eating in a style and volume that by the sounds of things you will be very uncomfortable adhering to

3 Likes

Guys we got gently trolled, this is another kid who was posting under different username 6 months ago, started multiple threads, got loads of tips, took no ones advice etc etc

Ungrateful millenials FTW :angry:

1 Like

Biker Bulldog

Well I guess this was a waste of time for everyoneā€¦

1 Like