Beginner Questions?

Mcnug, he’s personally stated he had an eating disorder… and watching him freak out over fat levels and “binging” by having dessert after a meal, yikes, we aren’t guessing.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Mcnug, he’s personally stated he had an eating disorder… and watching him freak out over fat levels and “binging” by having dessert after a meal, yikes, we aren’t guessing.[/quote]

And not just “dessert”, I recall in one thread he had three bites of a single brownie and freaked out. You know- the kind of brownie most normal humans eat in one bite.

He always posts these ridiculously long drawn out posts and then disappears into another thread. I really think he is waiting to post something and have someone respond that he shouldn’t eat a lot and that he is fat and needs to lose weight. That would be about the only response that would make him happy. I agree with Tirib that he can’t possibly be a troll. Trolls’s post random ridiculous stuff, not consistently ridiculous.

To the lowly friedrice… You don’t need to worry about weights man. Seriously. Food is your only issue right now. Who cares if you put on muscle. You really just need to put on [u]weight[/u]. Even if you gained 50lbs of 100% fat you would be healthier than you are right now. No matter how much we tell you this, no matter how much we tell you to seek professional help- you won’t. At least answer me one question- [u]WHY IS THAT??[/u] Why do you find it difficult to listen to us? I’ve even responded to your PM’s with the same info.

Speaking of- I should post some of his PM’s. You thought his regular posts were crazy. This kid is full on anorexic, and even admits his mom is too.

Friedrice, you first posted a couple months ago.
You’ve gained ZERO weight since then. ZERO. NOTHING. NIL.

Think about it.

Then get pschiatric treatment.

Ok hey, sorry, have been busy.

To update things, for the past month I have been really trying to get a hold of my eating habits to make sure that I eat normal amounts of food normally, instead of eating like nothing one day, then eating a shit load the next, ect.

So for the past month I have eaten every meal with my friend Alex, an ectomorph, 5’ 8" 125lbs, very lean, we swim together, and he has an appetite and seems to maintain his weight so basically for the past month I just eat what he does at every meal, replacing desert with maybe some extra meat and vegetables or something healthier than dessert. I did fine until I got home for thanksgiving break.

Right when I got home, saw pizza, saw cake, inhaled half a pizza, some eggplant and a slice of cake with two peanutbutter cups. Felt really guilty afterwards because that felt like a binge.

Last night, again a binge occured but because I realize I was on an extreme calorie low, fat low and moderately low on protein and my body must’ve been freaking out because I ended up having almost a quart of peppermint icecream, 4 peanutbutter cups, some hershey kisses, slice of cake, and a lot of chocolate topping on the icecream. Looking at it now, I was at 1,200 calories MAX after dinner of turkey, squash and green beans, with probably 50-60g of protein in me and maybe 10g if that of fat, and my body obviously set off the binge that happened afterwards.

Today, just ate normal, make pretend it didn’t happen last night. Had an egg with toast, turkey parese sandwhich at panera bread for lunch and a chicken and wild rice soup for dinner.

I want to eat lots of food, but eat the RIGHT food. I realize that when I have gotten adequate food in me, I don’t desire sweets or anything unhealthy the least little bit. I realize now that I only desire them when I have basically starved myself (often not purposely, just out and about with family). So from now on I will make sure that I have healthy fats and adequate protein before dinner (this means usually I just need some nuts or peanutbutter around 3 or something)

I would hit the weight room but honestly, I don’t have the time. Have classes 8-3 then swimming practice for two hours, two hours of studies, dinner, and then study hours from 7-11. I could wake up at 5:55am every other morning to go lift before classes, but I have no access to any food before 7:15 (I wake up at 7am, breakfast opens at 7:15 in dining hall)

Only food I would be able to have before workout in the morning would be fruit I would steal from caf night before, but I don’t even think that is adequate time to really “wake” up and for the food to digest. Wake up at 5:55, run a quarter of mile to gym, workout from 6-6:50, run back to dorme, shower and then go to breakfast.

Instead I thought of this…dunno if this would work but

Wake up - 25 pushups military style, 100 leg-raised crunches

Before practice - 1 set of 25 pushups, another set of 15
After practice: 2 sets of 25 pushups, 1 set of 100 leg-raised crunches

Before bed: 1 set of 30 pushups, 1 set of 100 leg-raised crunches

Would this be putting my body into an anabolic muscle growth state throughout the day?

The defense rests.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
Ok hey, sorry, have been busy.

To update things, for the past month I have been really trying to get a hold of my eating habits to make sure that I eat normal amounts of food normally, instead of eating like nothing one day, then eating a shit load the next, ect.

So for the past month I have eaten every meal with my friend Alex, an ectomorph, 5’ 8" 125lbs, very lean, we swim together, and he has an appetite and seems to maintain his weight so basically for the past month I just eat what he does at every meal, replacing desert with maybe some extra meat and vegetables or something healthier than dessert. I did fine until I got home for thanksgiving break.

Right when I got home, saw pizza, saw cake, inhaled half a pizza, some eggplant and a slice of cake with two peanutbutter cups. Felt really guilty afterwards because that felt like a binge.

Last night, again a binge occured but because I realize I was on an extreme calorie low, fat low and moderately low on protein and my body must’ve been freaking out because I ended up having almost a quart of peppermint icecream, 4 peanutbutter cups, some hershey kisses, slice of cake, and a lot of chocolate topping on the icecream. Looking at it now, I was at 1,200 calories MAX after dinner of turkey, squash and green beans, with probably 50-60g of protein in me and maybe 10g if that of fat, and my body obviously set off the binge that happened afterwards.

Today, just ate normal, make pretend it didn’t happen last night. Had an egg with toast, turkey parese sandwhich at panera bread for lunch and a chicken and wild rice soup for dinner.

I want to eat lots of food, but eat the RIGHT food. I realize that when I have gotten adequate food in me, I don’t desire sweets or anything unhealthy the least little bit. I realize now that I only desire them when I have basically starved myself (often not purposely, just out and about with family). So from now on I will make sure that I have healthy fats and adequate protein before dinner (this means usually I just need some nuts or peanutbutter around 3 or something)

I would hit the weight room but honestly, I don’t have the time. Have classes 8-3 then swimming practice for two hours, two hours of studies, dinner, and then study hours from 7-11. I could wake up at 5:55am every other morning to go lift before classes, but I have no access to any food before 7:15 (I wake up at 7am, breakfast opens at 7:15 in dining hall)

Only food I would be able to have before workout in the morning would be fruit I would steal from caf night before, but I don’t even think that is adequate time to really “wake” up and for the food to digest. Wake up at 5:55, run a quarter of mile to gym, workout from 6-6:50, run back to dorme, shower and then go to breakfast.

Instead I thought of this…dunno if this would work but

Wake up - 25 pushups military style, 100 leg-raised crunches

Before practice - 1 set of 25 pushups, another set of 15
After practice: 2 sets of 25 pushups, 1 set of 100 leg-raised crunches

Before bed: 1 set of 30 pushups, 1 set of 100 leg-raised crunches

Would this be putting my body into an anabolic muscle growth state throughout the day?[/quote]

Ok ok. Uggh. Friedrice… Why are you so worried about eating the cleanest food known to man? What are you afraid of. SERIOUSLY. Do you think you’ll get “FAT”? Is that what you’re worried about? Or is it just being “unhealthy”? Let me clue you in to something- right now, at this very moment- you are extremely unhealthy. You need to gain weight- at all costs. As I put in my previous post- who cares if it’s all fat. You will still be skinny even after you gained 50lbs of fat. You will never gain muscle until you learn to eat above maintenance and consistently. Period. End of story.

Arrrrrrrrghhhh!!! I’ve never wanted to reach into a computer screen and virtually wring someone’s neck more than I do right now.

You don’t have time to do any kind of weight training, yet you spend 90 minutes a day swimming, a calorie draining aerobic workout?

Why not cut out the swimming, the track, the long distance stuff, and actually try to make yourself bigger with iron weight?

Really, is being on the swim/track/whatever team so important that you wont make a dedicated effort to do what you really need to do in order to stop looking like emo boy?

There’s nothing anyone can say to you that will make a difference. Ask God for help… there’s no one else that can help you.

[/quote]

LOL, dude, if you are trying to learn how to eat, don’t fucking mimic a guy that weighs 125lbs. Hang out with the football team or some other group that shows evidence of actually having eaten food once or twice.

Ahahahahaha! Dude, when you starve yourself, your body (and mind) make it almost impossible not to eat the calories it must have to keep functioning. Stop fucking starving yourself, as you note below, and you might not get incredible urges.

However, STOP FUCKING OBSESSING about eating perfectly. Honsetly, fuck off already. It doesn’t fucking matter. Once you get in a load of good, healthy and nutritious food, it doesn’t much matter where the other calories are coming from, especially with the amount of running and swimming you are doing.

Those “other” foods are calorie dense, and thats fucking fine you loon.

[quote]
Today, just ate normal, make pretend it didn’t happen last night. Had an egg with toast, turkey parese sandwhich at panera bread for lunch and a chicken and wild rice soup for dinner. [/quote]

There is nothing you need to “pretend” did not happen. Smarten up. Seek help. Learn to actually eat food. WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING OBSESSED WITH LEAN? TELL ME DAMMIT! WHY DOES IT MATTER SO MUCH TO YOU? IT’S NOT NATURAL!!!

This is anorexic code for “eating the right food will let me eat less calories total and stay leaner”. This is bullshit. STOP PRETENDING AND FIGURE OUT WHY YOU ARE SO FUCKING PHOBIC TO THE CONCEPT OF CARRYING NATURAL AND HEALTHY LEVELS OF BODY FAT.

You could eat a cookie or some shit left over from dinner the night before if you weren’t so fucking obsessive about food. If you WANTED to get to the gym you’d make it happen. However, running and swimming are better at keping you LEANER aren’t they? WHY? WHY!?!?!?!?! WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?

ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTIONS FOR ONCE DAMMIT!!!

FINALLY, if you want to be in an anabolic state, you will need to eat some fucking calories. Your body won’t grow muscles unless it sees a little bit of excess food consumption going on. YOU KNOW THAT ALREADY… WHY DO YOU KEEP LOOKING FOR A WAY AROUND THE TRUTH?

Sigh.

Holy shit, this is one scary thread.
Friedrice man, what you described as binges are what people who work out describe as a cheat meal.

Back in may of this year I was about as manorexic as you are, I had always carried around about 14% bf despite the fact that I only weighed about 150lbs so I cut to 141lbs and soon realised that seeing 8 abs is all well and good, however when you’ve got what look like 4 toothpicks sticking out of your torso, you actually still don’t feel that good.

Since then I’ve upped my calories GRADUALLY from 1750 to 5500 a day. I now carry so much more muscle than before that bodyfat no longer looks bad on me. Take a look at some fighters in Pride FC or the UFC to see what I mean (not that I’m at their level yet, but I learned to set my goal towards a powerful physique as opposed to that of an ab model). Very few of the guys above welterweight have visible six packs but I can bet you that they look a lot better than you do now.

Once you gain muscle and have a proper metabolism going, you no longer have to worry about living life, and eating crap now and then. Hell, right now I’ve finished off my litre of peri workout chocolate milk and have a meat feast pizza waiting in the oven for me. This is what I HAVE to eat with every workout in order to gain any weight. Sure sounds a lot better than feeling bad about ‘bingeing’ on these types of food doesn’t it.

Ultimately, building a better body is not about deprivation and ecclesiastical levels of devotion; its about having fun, pushing the limits of your strength and being a MAN.

Sorry for the long post, but your attitude really hit close to home. If you want any advice from a guy who has been in your shoes don’t hesitate to PM me. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck.

friedrice, you gotta deal with the mental issues first. theres no doubt that you have at the very least a borderline eating disorder.
you gotta deal with all your food issues now, then worrying about getting huge.
talk to someone. seriously

Jarvis, nice post. I worry about this dude, but don’t have the ability to connect with the issue in that type of way.

A guy did not write the original post. I don’t care what anyone says, the poster is not a guy!

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
A guy did not write the original post. I don’t care what anyone says, the poster is not a guy! [/quote]

?! never thought of that. Maybe she’s right. Even so why not just say that somewhere by your 14th identical thread? Nobody can bite over the internet. Yet.

Ok thanks for all the support and stuff, so I will answer some questions that I remember were asked.

People asked why I do Cross Country and Swimming and all these calorie draining aerobic exercises. The main thing is growing up, I was chubby little 5 4", weighed more than I do now, was happy as hell, sucked at sports, ruled at video games, never got a girl. Then I sprouted up like a weed, lost weight from exercising and then anorexia hit a year and a half ago, and I have been eating more than 1,000 calories a day for the past 6-7 months from when I only ate <1,000 calories a day for 6 months.

So I am definately getting better, but yeah, I do these sports because I found something I am good at and that I love. I never realized I would be good at running for hours on end or swimming like a fish in the ocean. I never realized that I could run 12 miles at a 8 minute mile pace and not sweat a single drop. I am just really good at endurance sports.

Also, it’s about half and half about my clean eating thing. I view that I want to eat clean in order to give my body the right nutrience it needs to function properly, grow properly, ect. I just view as junk food the wrong food and yes, will make me fat.

I don’t think I am starving myself the least bit. Maybe starving myself of junk food (except for these past two binges I would say >_<) but back at school when I was doing pretty good I thought, I was taking in anywhere from 2,300-2,800 or 2,900 a day and maintained my weight, mostly do to the fact I was burning it all at swimming practice.

Also it’s not a decision so say to swim 90 minutes a day. Being on varsity swim team, practice is required lol.

In the spring though I don’t have a sport, I hate track and I doubt I will make the baseball team, so I’ll be able to hit the weights 1-2hours a day (or every other day to rest).

Question though:
Would it be worth it to wake up an hour and 15 minutes earlier than I usually do in order to workout before breakfast opens every morning? (guess just scarf down banana and whey protein as I run to the gym at 6am?)

Dude, you of course skip over the questions concerning your phobia of fat.

It’s as clear as day, to me and many others I’m sure, that you are fooling yourself. Your words are a valiant attempt at rationalizing your inability to eat calories.

Again, once you have eaten a nutritious meal, no harm will befall you by eating some calorie dense foods. Your body doesn’t care whether or not all calories come from nutritious food, only that it gets needed nutrition.

However, given how much energy you burn off regularly, part of the nutrition you need is simply calories. Calories are not the enemy. Excess calories and sedentary lifestyle may be, but the fact you were once chubby should not be directed towards food, but towards your self-avowed Nintendo lifestyle.

Smarten up!

The main thing is growing up, I was chubby little 5 4", weighed more than I do now, was happy as hell, sucked at sports, ruled at video games, never got a girl. Then I sprouted up like a weed, lost weight from exercising and then anorexia hit a year and a half ago, and I have been eating more than 1,000 calories a day for the past 6-7 months from when I only ate <1,000 calories a day for 6 months. [/quote]

So you were 5’4" at 12, then LOST weight once you hit puberty and got taller, and THEN you became anorexic.

… Lost weight, THEN became anorexic… wow.

And what do you mean, didn’t get girls? Your FIFTEEN NOW, no where even CLOSE to be seriously thinking about girls, let alone at 13, which is what you’ve indicated.

You wont quit the sports because you think your good at them. Your still rationalizing your detrimetal behavior.

“Because I’m good at being thin, I will continue being thin. Because I’m good at running for hours, I’ll keep running. Because I’m good at looking like a weak twig, I will continue to be a weak twig.”

Enough, you’ve been good at that for long enough, your not gonna get any better at being anorexic, the only “better” you could be at is is dead.

You suck at looking good, having muscle, and being healthy. Practice what your bad at to get better.

And answer vroom’s questions, for the love of God. This is just seeming like a lost cause.

TSB.

I call bullshit on every post from this guy. Even if it isn’t, it isn’t like he’s getting any help here so it might as well all be fake.

Too many people have spoken privately with this guy, including myself, and nothing becomes of it. He is either truly 100% bordering on needing medical surpervision on a regular basis or a guy playing on the internet. Given the questions he avoids and the ones he actually answers, I am banking on this being some 40 year old night manager at a Godfather’s Pizza place who gets off on anyone at all in internet land paying some attention to him.

Ok thanks for all the support and stuff, so I will answer some questions that I remember were asked.

People asked why I do Cross Country and Swimming and all these calorie draining aerobic exercises. The main thing is growing up, I was chubby little 5 4", weighed more than I do now, was happy as hell,sucked at sports, ruled at video games, never got a girl. Then I sprouted up like a weed, lost weight from exercising and

then anorexia hit a year and a half ago, and I have been eating more than 1,000 calories a day for the past 6-7 months from when I only ate <1,000 calories a day for 6 months.

I’m pretty sure you understand that you need profesionnal help. If you are anorexic and you are still living with your parents, I’m also pretty sure that they have sent you to counseling or you are being monitered pretty closely.

So I am definately getting better, but yeah, I do these sports because I found something I am good at and that I love. I never realized I would be good at running for hours on end or swimming like a fish in the ocean. I never realized that I could run 12 miles at a 8 minute mile pace and not sweat a single drop. I am just really good at endurance sports.

Then keep at it and stop trying to put muscle on your body. You enjoy being skinny and being able to do these sports so do them!

Also, it’s about half and half about my clean eating thing. I view that I want to eat clean in order to give my body the right nutrience it needs to function properly, grow properly, ect. I just view as junk food the wrong food and yes, will make me fat.

Junk food is not the best option when trying to put on healthy mass but in your case you just don’t eat anything basically so stop talking about junk food cause we know you don’t eat any.

I don’t think I am starving myself the least bit.

You only eat around 1000 cal per day and you don’t think you are starving yourself…please don’t take us for stupid people…

Maybe starving myself of junk food (except for these past two binges I would say >_<) but back at school when I was doing pretty good I thought,

I was taking in anywhere from 2,300-2,800 or 2,900 a day and maintained my weight,

I’m a girl and I weight far less then you do and I’m shorter and my maintenance is 2400 cal. so even 2900 you’re still starving yourself.

mostly do to the fact I was burning it all at swimming practice.

Duh!

Also it’s not a decision so say to swim 90 minutes a day. Being on varsity swim team, practice is required lol.

In the spring though I don’t have a sport, I hate track and I doubt I will make the baseball team, so I’ll be able to hit the weights 1-2hours a day (or every other day to rest).

Question though:
Would it be worth it to wake up an hour and 15 minutes earlier than I usually do in order to workout before breakfast

Great idea if you want to get skinnier, are you sure you are at the right website???

opens every morning? (guess just scarf down banana and whey protein as I run to the gym at 6am?)[/quote]

What question didn’t I answer >_> Sorry, just read through the posts and answered ones I remembered.

I’ll be glad to answer any, seriously, just can’t find em >_<