Beginner Neurotype 3 Fat Loss Training?

Hi,

ı have been doing 3 months traning.My neurotype 3 , bw 250 lbs , diet 2500 kcal high carb , moderate protein 4 meals a day.Daily active mostly sitting desk , sedantary lifestyle.

my split

Day 1-3
Bench press 3x10
Chest supported t-bar row 3x10
Ohp 3x10
Latpulldown 3x10
Biceps curl 2x15
Lateral raise 2x15

Day 2-4
Front squat 3x10
Rdl 3x10
lunge 3x15
calf raise 3x15
leg raise 3xmax

beetwen set 1-2 minute rest

My issue dont feel chest how to feel it.My sleep not regular , go to bed some times 01:00 a.m some times 04:00 a.m how to fix it.This split good for neurotype 3 ? i include cardio ? and how to use warmup ? Sory for my English.

Thanks for feedback.

did you make progress with this program ?
i think your sleep is not perfect and will be slowing results

These numbers look ok for your bodyweight and activity level. Just don’t make the mistake of trying to lower calories too fast, bumping up cardio to fast or drastically decreasing your caloric intake (like 1500 kcals below maintenance). This is good advice in general but especially as a type 3 you want to go with the marathon approach and progress slowly.

Opt for 0.5% - 1% loss of body weight per week. How to do this correctly? Always weigh yourself in the same conditions. The easiest way to keep track of this is by weighing yourself in your underwear right after you woke up and went to the bathroom. Write down your daily weight on a piece of paper and give zero fucks about the numbers. The weekly average is what matters because you will use this number to accurately track your progress from week to week. If you were to track progress based on your daily numbers, things will go south real fast because your body weight fluctuates up to 2% each day. By taking the average of each week, you take out these fluctuations and make tracking your weekly progress much more precise.

For example starting weight is 85.5 kg. The average weight at the end of week 1 on 2500 kcals per day: 85 kg. Average weight at the end of week 2 on 2500 kcals per day. 84.7 kg → your goal is to at least lose 0.5% of bodyweight each week so this outcome means you didn’t lose enough weight. You can then decide to either increase your activity by a bit (for example do 5 minutes more cardio per planned cardio session and add an extra 10 min walk each day) or you can decrease your caloric intake.

One kilo of fat is approximately 7700 kcals so if you need to lose 0.5% per week at a minimum the calculation would be as follows: 85.5 (starting bodyweight)/100 x 0.5% (amount of body weight loss per week) = 0.43 kg x 7700 (this will give you the amount of fat you need to lose per week in calories) = 3311 calories/7 (a week consists of 7 days so this gives you the caloric deficit you need to be in on a daily basis) = 473 calories. So if you want to lose 0.5% - 1% bodyweight each week, you need to lose between 0.43-0.86 kg or 473 - 946 calories each week. To keep it simple round these numbers up and make it 500-1000 calories each week.

If we follow the example above, you lost 0.3 kg’s between week 1 and 2. The minimum should be 0.43 kg. So if you want to decrease your daily caloric intake instead of increasing energy output, you need to make the following adjustment: 0.43 - 0.3 kg = 0.13 kg x 7700 (the amount of fatloss per week remember) = 1000/ 7 (7 days in a week)= 143 calories → about 150 calories that you should detract from your current caloric intake to be in the right ballpark again.

This calcuation might look difficult at first but once you understand the math it’s actually pretty simple. Otherwise if you don’t want to do the math, just detract between 150-250 calories from your current intake after 2 consecutive weeks of stalled weight loss. That’s 2 weeks yes, sometimes you don’t lose weight but you are still losing fat tissue. That’s because your body might be holding on to more water due to increased stress or other physiological factors.

Once weight loss stalls, you can choose between steadily increasing your daily activity (small increments 5-10 minutes longer on cardio sessions or extra energy expenditure via walking, playing other sports etc.) or decreasing caloric intake. Personally I am a big proponent of increasing daily activity first and keeping caloric intake as high as possible. Especially if you’re the stressed hungry type and also to keep giving your body as many nutrients as possible for as long as possible.

When you cannot add any more activity without the risk of becoming drained/underrecoved, then you start decreasing caloric intake. Or you can switch between both (increasing activity first, weight loss stalls, decreasing caloric intake until weight loss stalls, then increasing cardio etc.)

After 8-12 weeks of dieting down, do 2-3 weeks of maintenance eating (this is key for fatloss and mental/physical health). You can use this period to recover and prevent metabolic adaptation before you start a new fatloss cycle. Or you can use this period as a transition between your fatloss and mass building cycle. Keep carbs high for as long as possible. Don’t touch protein and only lower carb intake when you’ve reached your limit on fat reduction (don’t go lower than 0.4 g per kg bodyweight for fat otherwise your hormonal profile will suffer).

It’s pretty difficult to give feedback based on this information alone. The only parameters included are your selected exercises, reps, sets and rest intervals. As a beginner, some of these movements (bench press, overhead press, front squat) might be to complex to start off with right from the start. The front squat for example is an exercise that requires a high level of motor skills and ankle/hip mobility to be performed correctly. Exercise selection should be based on your experience, body leverages, weaknesses and what you want to emphasize.

Also 4 training days for a type 3 in a fatloss phase can be pretty tough for recovery, unless the quality of your sleep and food is great + stress levels are low. You might wanna reduce your training sessions to 3 times per week (monday, wednesday and friday) where you do 4 compound movements and perhaps 1 or 2 isolation exercises at the end for muscles you wish to emphasize.

On saturdays you can do an occasional lower stress workout with hypertrophy as the main focus (do only isolation exercises for muscle groups that need extra work and keep the volume of the session between 12-16 sets). For fatloss your best bet would be to do a conditioning workout instead: for example doing a superset of 12-15 goblet squats with 250 m on a rowing ergometer for 4 sets each and 4 sets of 60m farmers walks combined with 45-60 seconds of hard cycling on a stationary bike. This way you’ll hit the entire body and force adaptations on the energy systems that will not only improve fatloss but also improve the rest of your weekly workouts.

“The muscle that’s being stretched the most and contracted first, is the muscle being recruited the most”. For chest this means that you need to lengthen this muscle in each chest exercise by pulling the shoulders back (this way they are behind the chest and the chest muscles get stretched more. If the shoulders are in front of the chest, you’ll feel it a lot more in your shoulders). In the stretched position, focus on contracting your pecs by trying to bring your upper arms up and across your body, not pushing the weights up. The main function of your chest is to adduct your arms or in other words bring your arms in towards your body. If you solely focus on pushing the weights up, you’ll still recruit your pecs, but the triceps and shoulders will be involved a lot more.

You need to work on this. Every trainee needs good sleep in general, but type 3’s need to make this their priority. Your sleep doesn’t have to be perfect (as this can also become stressful if you’re obsessed about it), but it has to be good at least. Aim for 7.5 -9 hours of sleep depending on your needs.

A lack of sleep increases cortisol and adrenaline production even more which, when they are chonically elevated, are detrimental to not only body composition but mental health as well. Try to stick to a sleep schedule (going to bed and waking up at the same time with a margin of 30-60 minutes max). Decrease blue light exposure at least 30 minutes before bed etc. More info can be found on the sleep doctor’s blog and in a book called ‘sleep smarter’ from shawn stevenson.

1 Like

Damn I just noticed this was posted one year ago. Eitherway, you can still benefit from these tips lol.

2 Likes

@lou_smeets -hahahaha. Great responses but he’s not been around since last September.

Yeah I saw it right after I posted my answer.

Oh well…at least members get to learn or get a laugh out of it. It’s a win either way!

2 Likes

your still the best lou !!

@bigmax Thank you man, I’m humbled by your words. But I never assume I’m the best though.

The moment you start believing that is the moment you don’t allow yourself to learn anymore.

Besides, we all know who the true master is :wink: He’s written numerous great articles, made so many educational videos and has participated in quite a few podcasts which are overflowing with such valuable knowledge. Once you start enrolling in one of his courses (which are really really good and I don’t say that lightly) you realize that this guy might not be human. It just blows my mind that someone’s able to retain so much information.

1 Like