T Nation

Beginner Needs Help Leaning Out

Hey guys, I've always been kind of a chub. Now, I've decided that I would finally like to see some abs and vascularity. Could you guys help me with regards to diet mainly, training as well?

Stats:
Height:5'6"
Weight:160lb
Bench 1RM:195lb
Squat: 185lbx10 reps
Deadlift: 315x1

I'm using a Back/Bi, Legs, Chest/Tri, Shoulders split right now. No cardio at the moment.

Diet

Breakfast
3 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 glass of milk
3 tablespoons peanut butter

Lunch
Bowl of hamburger meat
1 tortilla
Salad
Glass of milk

Post workout shake: 1.5 scoop ON whey protein

Snack
Tuna sandwich(full can of tuna + bunch of mayo)
Glass of milk

Dinner
Whatever my parents make (probably around 400 cals, 40g carb, 30g Protein)

Thanks in advacne guys!

Front relaxed (excuse the funny cropping lol)

Front double bi

Back double bi

What kind of Peanut butter are you eating? It should be all natural. For breakfast I would add a 1/3 cup of oatmeal and get rid of at least one tablespoon of peanut butter. You should also add in one piece of fresh fruit a day. What exactly is your workout like? What are the exercises, sets, and reps?

I would just read the stickies. You have a nice foundation, nothing reading a few stickies won't fix.

I agree, look man dont stress the small shit. Your doing well from what I can see, just stick to it. Throw in 2 or 3 conditioning days in your training week and youll be fine, just make it something hard

Sorry for the late reply guys,but I've been reading the stickies and doing hill sprints, so your advice didn't go unnoticed. Thanks!

give time some time and put those numbers up and dial your diet, you will lose fat in no time.

Do some HIIT/sprints at the end of one or two of your workouts per week