T Nation

Beginner Needing BIG help!!!

Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help.

I’ll start from the beginning, on and off I have been training for a few years until recently when I really started to become serious. At the beginning of this latest attemp I was 6’5, and weighing 80kg. I work away in Russia staying on a camp and as you can imagine there is not a chance in hell that you can eat the type of diet required so I am having to rely on eating best I can aswell as using Maximuscle progain. On top of this I use a split routine, Chest+Triceps, Shoulders, legs, back and biceps.

Once in the gym I am very strict with myself and ensure my form is as perfect as can be while still lifting the weight required. In the last 6 weeks I have noticed a huge increase in not only strength but also the shape of my chest, shoulders, traps, back, legs, and also serratus, the problem is I do not seem to be getting much progress in the shape of my arms…don’t get me wrong they are getting bigger from a side view but not in thickness. I know that tris and bis are worked with chest and back respectively but I was wondering if any of you experienced lifters could advise me on a few huge arm building exercises to add shape and size to my arms, I will add them to the end of my current routines to give them that extra blast needed.

I look forward to all your help and messages.

D.

[quote]Only1parkes69 wrote:
Hi everyone, I hope some of you can help.

I’ll start from the beginning, on and off I have been training for a few years until recently when I really started to become serious. At the beginning of this latest attemp I was 6’5, and weighing 80kg. I work away in Russia staying on a camp and as you can imagine there is not a chance in hell that you can eat the type of diet required so I am having to rely on eating best I can aswell as using Maximuscle progain. On top of this I use a split routine, Chest+Triceps, Shoulders, legs, back and biceps.

Once in the gym I am very strict with myself and ensure my form is as perfect as can be while still lifting the weight required. In the last 6 weeks I have noticed a huge increase in not only strength but also the shape of my chest, shoulders, traps, back, legs, and also serratus, the problem is I do not seem to be getting much progress in the shape of my arms…don’t get me wrong they are getting bigger from a side view but not in thickness. I know that tris and bis are worked with chest and back respectively but I was wondering if any of you experienced lifters could advise me on a few huge arm building exercises to add shape and size to my arms, I will add them to the end of my current routines to give them that extra blast needed.

I look forward to all your help and messages.

D.[/quote]

triceps= dips/close grip bench/pulldowns

biceps= I would keep it simple here as well. Preachers, standing barbell curls, and I’ve heard good things about pinwheel curls

Hey Zephead,

Thanks for that.
I have been doing the close grip and pulldowns, but not the dips…guess I’ll persist and have to push myself that little bit more. As for bis I have been doing, standing barbell, hammer curls and incline seated curls…what are pinwheel curls?

Thanks again. 2 weeks til I return home and I can weigh myself!!!

D.