Beginner Needing a Program

I’ve been working out for quite some time now and im ready to start taking it to the next level but i need a schedule and what weight exercises i should do for a mon-fri work out schedule.

for example…
mon: chest,arms
tues: lats and shoulders
wed: legs
Etc.
and what exercises i should do also.

thanks in advanced.

google westside for skinny bastards

[quote]matttx wrote:
I’ve been working out for quite some time now and im ready to start taking it to the next level but i need a schedule and what weight exercises i should do for a mon-fri work out schedule.

for example…
mon: chest,arms
tues: lats and shoulders
wed: legs
Etc.
and what exercises i should do also.

thanks in advanced.[/quote]

Although I never tried Westside for Skinny Bastards, I have trained on a few different splits. However, I’ve gotten the best results from full body training (put on a very clean 14lb in the last 3 months). As such I’d recommend some of Waterbury’s programs as a starting point.

Myself specifically, I simply do four compound exercises / training session on low rep days, and I do four compound exercises + some supplementary isolation exercises to bring up lagging parts on higher rep days.

But it doesn’t really matter what you lift as a beginner, just lift it hard.

-Cloth

What program you should be on depends largely on what your objectives are. Are you trying to get lean, or just add muscle mass? Are you training to look better or to become a better athlete? All of these variables and more are important in determining what you should be doing.

what exactly do you want? do you want power, size, strength or all?

Dont put the cart before the horse start with something simple and effective make things habit. I also suggest a Waterbury Program ABBH is great for a beginner IMO to learn proper exercise choice and fundementals in a very grounded and effective program.

Phill