Beginner Looking to Shred Bodyfat

Hey everybody, I am fairly new to the bodybuilding scene and really appreciate advice on how to cut my lard. I have attached some pictures of myself. I’ve been powerlifting for over two years now and have had tremendous results in strength wise and hypertrophy wise, and of course, like many powerlifters, my diet sucks and i need help with it.

I am a junior at University of California, Davis and am studying exercise biology and biochemistry (I want to be a pharmacist or a physical therapist). From my pictures, and comparing it to other guys’ photos, I am assuming I am around 20-21% bodyfat. I weight 240 pounds.

I am now following Joe DeFrancos Built LIke a badass program and absolutely love it, I’ve already seen even more muscle gains and a tad bit of bodyfat come off =)…but I have a long way to go, and need help with diet and supplementation to go and drop my bodyfat below 12%.

Here are some more details,

Waist size- 39 inches ( REALLY NEED TO BRING THIS DOWN!!)

I’m only 20 years old and already have a 39 inch waist, that is not good, I am fearing the impending health risks.

Best lifts
Deadlift- 515
Bench- 350
Squat- 315

HAd to throw in a flexing picture haha.

My training split looks like this btw

Sunday- Upperbody 1 workout of program w/ Barbell Complex
Monday- Sprints/Plyos
Tuesday- Upperbody 2 workout of program w/ high-rep pushups
Wednesday-Lowerbody 1 workout of program w/ 2 mile bike ride at the end
Thursday- Olympic Lifts ( 5x5 of Cleans and Snatches) w/ Steady-state cardio
Friday- Off
Saturday- Strongman training ( Farmers Walk, Sledgehammer)

Diet is very important when coming to anything exercise related. I am learning this myself to gain muscle.

Why not post your current diet and what foods are accessible to you then we can assess from there?

Foods that are accessible is with regards to you being in UNI

Off topic of fat loss, what is wrong with your squat?

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Diet is very important when coming to anything exercise related. I am learning this myself to gain muscle.

Why not post your current diet and what foods are accessible to you then we can assess from there?

Foods that are accessible is with regards to you being in UNI [/quote]

Well I eat at the dining commons for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

For breakfast they have hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and whole variety of fruits with starbucks green tea.
For lunch they always have deli meat to make your own sandwiches and a shit load of vegetables at the salad bar.
For dinner, pretty much the same thing.

Along with all this they have the bad crap which i already know i have to stay away from, pizza, cookies, ice cream, waffles, tacos, noodles.

There you go,

oh sorry, i forgot to put how i am eating,

well now i am going in the right direction, I eat ALOT but now my food choice are much more nutritious and I can feel the difference when it comes to my energy levels.

Breakfast- bunch of scrambeled eggs and variety of fruits (pineapple, apple, orange, and grapefruit)
Snack 1- HAndful of nuts, protein shake, 2 apples
Lunch- Turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and 1 slice of cheese between two 7 grain whole bread, with bunch of brocolli and cucumber on the side
Snack 2- Same as snack 1
Dinner- Same as lunch.

I also try to drink 2 glasses of water with each meal, and I have a spike shooter every morning when I wake up at 7 AM for classes, I hit the bed around 11PM.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Off topic of fat loss, what is wrong with your squat?[/quote]

hahahaha, I ask myself that all the time,
two big reasons

1. Don’t focus on it as much as I should, I have a ego, not going to lie, and I like to do things I’m good at, but I am starting to crank it out more now
  2. I’m 6’3, I have a really hard time going ass to the ground on the squats. haha.

a great article that will help your squatting and movement patterns in general. best of luck man, also look into some of alwyn cosgroves basic complexes… i got great results when i did 2 complexes before a regular(shortened) workout for 2 months after surgery and gained a few lbs.

focus on that quality, keep at it.

[quote]chettync85 wrote:

a great article that will help your squatting and movement patterns in general. best of luck man, also look into some of alwyn cosgroves basic complexes… i got great results when i did 2 complexes before a regular(shortened) workout for 2 months after surgery and gained a few lbs.

focus on that quality, keep at it.[/quote]

thank you so much for the article, I"m going to start implementing his techniques, I am a big fan of Ian King. Complexes…I have been doing those and have seen results. My question is more on nutrition…looking at my eating log i entered previously, do you guys think I’m on track or need to tweak it more?