Beginner Info on Steroid Use?

i am a 25 year old man and have been a regular gym user for almost eight years. I have gone through periods of casual regular exercise during this time (twice a week) and relaxed attitudes toward diet as well as periods of frequent (5 times a week) gym use coupled with strict diets and occasional use of food supplements.

Prior to starting the gym i struggled with my weight (both extreme weight gain and extreme weight loss)as a teenager and had serious self confidence issues due to my naturally slow metabolism. at present my diet is reasonably well balanced, plenty of protein, fruit and fluids, with the occasional (once a week) night out drinking and take away. i gained weight last year due to a lifestyle change but since my primary interest is weight training, i
gained muscle as well as body fat. as you probably have gathered from the above, i am not naturally athletic but have spent years attempting to fight my genetic make up.

i am intrigued by the possibilities suggested by steroid use. i know little about the types of steroids out there, and never before considered steroid usage due to the rumoured side effects, (achne, hair loss, breast growth, genital shrinkage). is that true of all steroids of all doses or is it just a media fuelled myth? this is something that i am only considering at the moment and would greatly appreciate some impartial advice and/or information on the subject. would be tremendously greatful if someone could point me in the right direction, thanks.

[quote]nick.i wrote:
i am a 25 year old man and have been a regular gym user for almost eight years. I have gone through periods of casual regular exercise during this time (twice a week) and relaxed attitudes toward diet as well as periods of frequent (5 times a week) gym use coupled with strict diets and occasional use of food supplements.

Prior to starting the gym i struggled with my weight (both extreme weight gain and extreme weight loss)as a teenager and had serious self confidence issues due to my naturally slow metabolism. at present my diet is reasonably well balanced, plenty of protein, fruit and fluids, with the occasional (once a week) night out drinking and take away. i gained weight last year due to a lifestyle change but since my primary interest is weight training, i
gained muscle as well as body fat. as you probably have gathered from the above, i am not naturally athletic but have spent years attempting to fight my genetic make up.

i am intrigued by the possibilities suggested by steroid use. i know little about the types of steroids out there, and never before considered steroid usage due to the rumoured side effects, (achne, hair loss, breast growth, genital shrinkage). is that true of all steroids of all doses or is it just a media fuelled myth? this is something that i am only considering at the moment and would greatly appreciate some impartial advice and/or information on the subject. would be tremendously greatful if someone could point me in the right direction, thanks.

[/quote]
Sounds like you are going about things the right way. I would start reading profiles on all of the different steroids; stick around the boards, but be careful what you retain and who to listen to; read as many articles as you can; maybe get a book…maybe! Steroids can be extremely safe when done correctly.

Steroids aren’t magic. They can help you to maximize what you’re doing, but if what you’re doing isn’t effective now that wouldn’t change. Now if your diet and training are dialed in and you run a good cycle of steroids you would probably see some impressive results, but the steroids don’t make it any easier to train or to eat right.

That requires discipline. So I’d recommend that you attain that discipline in your life first before you make the decision to use steroids.

I’m not a big fan of the idea of taking steroids because I don’t like the idea of shutting down my body’s natural hormone production. I’m not saying it can’t be done in a healthy manner, but rather I’m not comfortable experimenting with my body/health.

Read all of Cy Wilson’ss stuff on here. Pick up a copy of “anabolics” by William Llewellyn