Beginner Back Workout

What is a good beginner back workout. I am looking for a group of exercises that will really work all the muscles in my upper back.

A well rounded program that exercises everything.

1 Like

Thank you for that insightful answer… :rofl:

1 Like

A good beginner back workout won’t:

Not in isolation anyway, do you know why?

Hitting all of the muscles doesn’t imply isolation… If I said, is there a workout to hit chest and triceps, you might recommend bench press and incline press. Those aren’t isolation exercises, but they hit those muscles.

Ok that’s good, and what I wanted to hear.

A program that has deadlifts, Pull-ups and a horizontal pull/row will work well to put mass on the whole back. Things like loaded carries, Zerchers, back hypers and shrugs can be icing on the cake.

3 Likes

There is no beginner back program.

Not rocket surgery here.

Well rounded program.

Period.

I don’t really care what you call it. I was just asking if someone had a good idea on what would be some good exercises to work the back. Call it what you will…

I didn’t call it anything. You did. It’s my answer.

If you want a better answer, ask a better question.

This will work all your back and great overall for beginners…

1 Like

You called it a “well rounded program.” What do you mean that you didn’t call it anything? I asked a great question. You know that I am looking for compound basic exercises because I said beginner. I mean, if you are a beginner, you probably didn’t know that, but I assume you are not a beginner. I’m looking for back exercises because I said back. And you know that I am trYing to make sure that I develop my back proportionally because I asked for exercises that would hit all of the upper back muscles. I guess it isnt rocket science… but some people sure make it look that way…

I’ll take a look at these. Thank you!

Hey, look at that.

A well rounded program.

Isn’t every Dan John routine a Special, un-balanced, Specific, intentionally non well rounded routine?

1 Like