Beginner and Supplements

until recently i’ve only been good at working out. i haven’t been watching what i eat and i have never taken any supplements.

after finding T-Nation and reevaluating my goals, i’ve been attempting to change my workout structure and diet

i’ve read about some of the supplements on T-Nation. i first plan on adding protein powder supplement. for beginners, what other supplements would be a good start?

from the description of some of the products here i am thinking of starting with Surge next? is this a good idea?

what other supplements would you recommend? (just because i’m starting out i’d prefer to keep supplements to three or less until i can get my training and diet right)

Before buying a bunch of supplements I would first recommend getting a good understanding of basic nutrition. A good start would be to check out some of John Berardi’s articles; “7 Habits”, “Massive Eating”, etc.

But to answer your question specifically, yes, I think “Surge” would be a good supplement to purchase along with some “Grow” protein powder. Aside from that, a good multivitamin and possibly some creatine and you should have most bases covered.

But heed my advice and learn the basics of good nutrition before going overboard on supplements.

I think personally Surge and creatine should wait, but things like ZMA and Flameout will be beneficial for you now.

As previously stated…

Fish Oil (preferably Flameout)
Multi-V
ZMA
Creatine
Surge
Protein Powder (preferably Metabolic Drive)

That’s the basics. It wouldn’t hurt anyone to be using the products listed above, regardless of how fine-tuned thier diet is or how much of a beginner they are.