Beginner All Over Again...

I’ve been a member here for quite some time and was faithful to lifting up until about 2002. Long story short, I got lazy and got fat. I went from 225 with all abs visible, to currently 270 (post morning dump) and well over 30% body fat at 5’9".

I’m now married and want to look good for my self and my wife and I want to get healthy again. I’m posting mostly just to put myself out there in order to add some motivation.

I’ll take a pic tonight and add that. The reason for posting the pic will be to simply embarrass myself enough to stick with it. I’m gonna make it my desktop background as well.

I’ll be starting will CT’s Destroying Fat program and start tweaking my intake as I go. I’ve never approached this from a fat guy’s angle before (do fat guys have any angles?), so the diet will take a bit to lock down. I don’t want to undereat, but I want to drop pounds quick.

I’m tempted to eat only about 3000 kcal per day, but fear I may be under-doing it nutrition-wise. I’ll also be taking EFA supps, HOT-ROX, a BCAA supp, and Alpha Male (to help me retain a tiny bit of muscle while in deficit).

Anyone think that my intake is too low:

3035 calories
Protein Intake: 303 g 1214 cal
Carb Intake: 228 g 910 cal
Fat Intake: 101 g 910 cal

I’m thinking maybe a bit more total kcal and not sure about the macro profile. Carbs aren’t my friend these days, so maybe more protein and fats, less carbs? Should I also post this in the Supplements & Nutrition section?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks,
Josh

looks like somewhere to start and do like we all have to adjust from there. Just get in there and get it going

Planning is good and well but action is what matters

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
looks like somewhere to start and do like we all have to adjust from there. Just get in there and get it going

Planning is good and well but action is what matters

Phill[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more about just starting, Phill. Already eating clean and start the program on Sunday. Until then, I’m just playing a little basketball to get some activity in.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Josh