Beginner 5/3/1 Template

Hi all,

I have been running the beginner 3 day template for 12 months now and have made very good progress although I am now at the point where soon I will be only able to meet the prescribed reps on my last set.

My question is this. As long as I am enjoying my workouts and continue to make progress, can I keep running this template for as long as possible?

I really like this template as it fits in with family, work and other sporting commitments.

Cheers.

[quote]kez56 wrote:
Hi all,

I have been running the beginner 3 day template for 12 months now and have made very good progress although I am now at the point where soon I will be only able to meet the prescribed reps on my last set.

My question is this. As long as I am enjoying my workouts and continue to make progress, can I keep running this template for as long as possible?

I really like this template as it fits in with family, work and other sporting commitments.

Cheers.[/quote]

Heck yeah, if you are making progress and not getting bored go for it.
Jim recommends adding your 5 or 10 lb every cycle for 5 cycles, then going 3 cycles back and using whatever weight that was. So basically you go forward 5, back 3.