Beginner 5/3/1 + Assistance

[quote]jsneves wrote:

[quote]Kardash wrote:
3 non-lifting days 1200-1500. So I don’t want to kill myself right now hehe. [/quote]

thats what my wife is eating to lose weight, combined with 2-3 weight sessions a week… but she is 5’ tall female with a desk job!

eat some food!!!
[/quote]

Haha, 1700ish-1800ish is my aprox maintenance on non-lifting days so I just substracted 300ish cals from it. Oh and lawschool isn’t really physicle, so don’t worry, I’ll give you a heads up if I start to eat my leg lol.

No but seriously, this fasting thing isn’t per se low cal, fasting just works for me in general because I’m used to it cuz of religious reasons. It’s a nice way for me to prevent having to eat 3-6 puny meals. That would be torture for me.

Fasting 16/8 and 2 huge meals is just great for me. I love huge meals. I just love them, really lol.

Train hard!

PS: maybe the 2nd cycle is too soon to tell, but Wendler+Periodization Bible kicks ass. Never had such good workouts with weights.

I am a beginner as well, just past my one year mark. I have doing 5/3/1 since december and am on my third cylce. I love the boring but big (5x10 @50% 1Rm with the main lift). On pressing days i also do some type of pulling movement. On OHP i do chins and on bench I do BB rows. I may do more pulling/ pushing work on the press days, but on The sqaut and DL days honestly i can usually only manage a few sets of abbs and then i wobble out the gym lol.

[quote]Kardash wrote:

[quote]jsneves wrote:

[quote]Kardash wrote:
3 non-lifting days 1200-1500. So I don’t want to kill myself right now hehe. [/quote]

thats what my wife is eating to lose weight, combined with 2-3 weight sessions a week… but she is 5’ tall female with a desk job!

eat some food!!!
[/quote]

Haha, 1700ish-1800ish is my aprox maintenance on non-lifting days so I just substracted 300ish cals from it. Oh and lawschool isn’t really physicle, so don’t worry, I’ll give you a heads up if I start to eat my leg lol.

No but seriously, this fasting thing isn’t per se low cal, fasting just works for me in general because I’m used to it cuz of religious reasons. It’s a nice way for me to prevent having to eat 3-6 puny meals. That would be torture for me.

Fasting 16/8 and 2 huge meals is just great for me. I love huge meals. I just love them, really lol.

Train hard!

PS: maybe the 2nd cycle is too soon to tell, but Wendler+Periodization Bible kicks ass. Never had such good workouts with weights.[/quote]

wish I remembered the website but I ran your numbers on a calculator to figure out you calories with the fasting… it had you at closer to 2500 for maintenance, are you sure 1800 isn’t your base caloric needs not accounting for any activity (i.e. being bed ridden)?

Your calcs are entirely possible, just hard to believe. All that really matters is you are not dropping lbs at an extreme rate