Beginner 150 to 175 Critique?

Deads Cleans and snatches

Oo my god, I thought it was a before and after pic without the before front and after back.

Thats rediculis.

Thats completely absurd.

Alright heres a different view of my back. I notice that my right trap seems to be a lot larger than the left.

I only do widegrip pullups bc i dont like to work my biceps to much on my chest/back day. I can only do about 3 sets with good form - 10 8 6, then sometime I do negatives or use resistance. Should I switch this up?

Thanks- Chris

[quote]chris123 wrote:
… Should I switch this up?
[/quote]
You look the way you look because you “only do widegrip pullups bc i dont like to work my biceps to much on my chest/back day”. And you still wonder whether you should switch it up. Is what you are doing working? No. Maybe you should be less concerned about your chest (and biceps) and more about your back.

Search the site for back programs and throw yourself whole heartedly into one. It’s going to take more than “widegrip pullups”.

Just keep doing deadlifts and your traps will probably eventually even out.

I almost wonder whether or not your right lower trap is weaker relative to your left lower trap. If so, maybe your right upper trap is disportionately larger because of the way your body is moving around to compensate for such a strength imbalance. Just a guess…

Row row row your boat!

That first picture totally threw me off. You could do with some delt work.

anyone here have problems with their calves
? I cant get a good calf workout without spending at least 15 minutes straight and have seen the least progress out of every muscle.

I have taken into account your suggestions. I have cut down on the shrugs, and have added arnold presses to help with the shoulders. I also have added close grip lat pulldowns to help with my back. Thanks

[quote]chris123 wrote:
I have taken into account your suggestions. I have cut down on the shrugs, and have added arnold presses to help with the shoulders. I also have added close grip lat pulldowns to help with my back. Thanks[/quote]

Kid, there are better movements for the back than that. Read this for some ideas:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1076164

Okay, since I’m nice, I’m going to help.

Concerning your calves, you better be using [b][u]heavy ass weight[/b][/u], and try working them everyday. For the shoulders, throw in seated-bent over lateral raises, various cable lateral raises, standing lateral raises, and seated military presses.

Make sure your deadlifting, doing pullups, seated rows, bent over rows, and more rows.

[quote]jsal33 wrote:
Deads Cleans and snatches[/quote]

pretty much sums it up

is it worth doing alot of weight even if I am not reaching full extension?> i try to do 10 sets at 10 reps and then do partial reps for as long as I can bare. Thanks for the advice

[quote]chris123 wrote:
I have taken into account your suggestions. I have cut down on the shrugs, and have added arnold presses to help with the shoulders. I also have added close grip lat pulldowns to help with my back. Thanks[/quote]

Hmmm… I personally would cut them out completely, not just cut down on them.

If you want bigger traps try deadlifting some heavy-ass weight. That’ll make your traps bigger and fix about 90% of the other problems you have.