Begin...The Rest is Easy

Off day

8 min max reps, rotate the below.
25 24kg kb swings
10 pushups

Finished 8 full rounds and 17 swings

Glad I got something in, slept terribly last night hoping tonight is better.

Weekly weigh in was today, 281.6. That’s -2.2 lbs from last week and -3.8 total over 3 weeks, happy with the effort last week. 270s should be there in the next week or two.

Weekly swings: 517/700

6 Likes

Nice progress! I like the weekly swings idea too. I may barrow that if I find the scale being stubborn.

1 Like

@unicornsandrainbows thanks! Also, please join me in the swings, misery, monotony, and jacked forearms love company!

Legs

Ham curls: 110 3 x 12
KB Swings: 60 2 x 25
Front squats: 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5 (add belt), 275 x 5, 295 x 5, 305 x 5 (gotta be close to PR territory)
RDL: 135 x 10, 225 x 10 (leave belt hanging from side of bar), 275 x 5 (puts belt on human), 315 x 5, 345 x 10 (definite PR)
Leg Press: 470 3 x 12

Front squats didn’t feel that strong, was planning on hitting 315 for 5 but my brace was bending too easily so I went a bit lighter. Enjoying getting my volume through supplemental rather than main work, leaves my joints feeling a lot better. RDLs felt fantastic, hit 5 at 345 and figured I had a few more in me, still thought that after 10 but didn’t push any farther.

My forearms and hands are sore and my whole middle back is constantly lit up, these swings are taking a toll. They’re definitely making me feel more lean and conditioned though, easily worth it at this point.

Weekly swings: 567/700

10 Likes

Hit 37 swings last night and 2 x 50 today to hit the weekly swing mark and break it slightly because I can’t count.

700/700

Started some of my new meds this week and was completely fucked up yesterday, changing brain chemistry is wild, as it turns out. Still a bit off kilter today but much closer to normal in many ways and better in some, hoping tomorrow feels good. Another variable is getting introduced next week so we’re still figuring things out . Some of the stuff impacts appetite and potentially metabolism so we’ll see how that goes too.

Hooray

8 Likes

On a lighter note: Happy cake day, dude!

1 Like

I’m here for the lighter notes! Thank you, just wish I actually had (cheese)cake

1 Like

Bench

Shoulder warmup
Pull-ups: 1x6
Bench: 135 x 10, 185 x 5, 225 x 10, 275 x 5, 315 x 2, 325 x 2, 335 x 2, 345 x 2, 365 x 3 (heck yea)
Close grip: 235 2 x 10
Seated dips: 180 2 x 25
Face pulls: 50 2 x 20

Plank: 90s (sad)
Crunches: 30

Glad I got in, wasn’t feeling it but performed well. I think the sat-Mon + Wed schedule is working better for me, so will stick with that for a minute.

Bench setup felt pretty weird and my right shoulder was sticky to begin with but ended up feeling good. Grabbed a freakishly strong guy to spot me for 365, i wasn’t even sure I had a double but rep 1 flew, rep 2 moved decently so I went for a 3rd, it was a grind but got it cleanly.

Close grip continues to feel strong, loving it as a supplemental movement.

Plan is to do a peloton later but my sleep has been rough so we’ll see.

11 Likes

Back

10 min walk
KB Swings 5 x 20, 1 x 25
Hang cleans (tech): 115 3 x 5
Rack pulls: 225 x 5, 315 x 5, 365 x 5 (belt), 405 x 6, 455 x 6, 515 x 6
Pull-ups: 2 x 5
Hammer curls (blood to elbow): 20 x 15
DB rows: 90 3 x 12
Lat pulldown: 90 2 x 12
Ez curl: 80 2 x8

Absolutely crushed my lats, probably too much volume honestly but it felt good for the most part. Whole back is fatigued. Owe abs tonight

Gf has come down with a cold, trying my hardest not to get it but held off conditioning last night because I thought I might be. Fingers crossed

Weekly swings: 125/800

9 Likes

Some beastly lifts over the last couple of posts. Very impressive!

1 Like

Thanks! This self-guided strength block is going much better than expected

4 Likes

So where are you hiding your clone making machine?

1 Like

The dude competes in the 82kg class and I’ve seen him squatting 515, I grabbed him after he hit 455 for reps to powerlifting depth. He just started at my gym, making me want to back squat again.

Also

Got in an early meeting and then snuck away for shoulders.

Shoulders
KB swings: 50 2 x 40, 1 x 20
OHP: 135 2 x 5, 155 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 3 x 3
Plate loaded seated press: 180 (2 pps) 3 x 8
Lateral raises: 20 3 x 15

Need to get some rear flies or face pulls or something in tonight and probably a few more swings, along with abs. I did some glute bridges and stretching last night.

OHP felt pretty strong considering I haven’t pressed about 135 in months, I was planning on hitting push press but my lower back is a little off and I didn’t want to add any stress to it. Everything else was fine, dip machine was taken when I was going to do it, so I bailed on those. Maybe I’ll do bench dips tonight, probably not though lol.

I was trying to figure out what to do going forward and realized a few things.
First, that I like this style of lifting, a lot. I get to focus on primary movements for pretty heavy weight then get a medium volume/effort supplemental in followed by light assistance. My own programming also allows for flexibility, which I feel like I need for the moment (especially considering medication changes and current sleep chaos).

Second, I need a deload. I think when I finish front squats on Wednesday that will be 4 weeks running this block and I am start to feel it creeping up on me, not sure what I’ll do for the deload but but it will be pretty easy on the lifting front.

Third, this style of lifting makes it easier for me to cut. I’m not running myself into the ground so I am not feeling that deep, insatiable hunger. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I should be right on the 280 mark, if not a touch below.

Weekly swings: 225/800

9 Likes

Did a little work while making some ground beef for lunch, really need to make some vegetables or something for the rest of the week.

3 rounds:
20 kb swings
30 sec plank

2 rounds:
20 face pulls
20 pull aparts

Knocked out the rest of the things I wanted to finish for the day. Forearms and abs hurt. Will run to the store for some prep supplies, this weekend was useless.

Weekly Swings: 285/800

10 Likes

Woke up at 278.8, down -2.8 over the week. 6.4 over 4 weeks. Effort was solid and I think one my meds might be doing some appetite suppression, if that continues I’ll just need to make sure to keep quality and protein high. 260s by mid-April

6 minute EMOM
30 kb swings

20 pull aparts
20 face pulls

Weekly swings: 465(?)/800

10 Likes

You are crusing!

1 Like

Thank you! Just trying to be like you :wink:

3 Likes

Might be a tad of overstatement, but I’ll take it :joy:

3 Likes

Great progress, you’re winning!

1 Like

@RCKeeper thank you! I’m really happy with how it is going so far, best cut in recent memory.

—-

KB swings: 50, 65

Face pulls: 20
Pull aparts: 20

My sleep has been atrocious, was supposed to lift yesterday but hadn’t slept more than a few hours consecutively I’m a week. Medicine definitely playing a role, so made some minor modifications and saw decent improvement last night and made some more today, so hopefully that works out. Last piece of the medicine puzzle should (hopefully) be in place tomorrow.

Weekly swings: 580/800

7 Likes