T Nation

Begginer 5x5 LOG + 70 Days Progress

Hello T-Nation members I decided to start a log here so I can motivate myself a little more and continue pushing weight in 5x5. I am 17 and I weight 260 pounds and I play defensive tackle and offensive tackle for my high school football team. I am training because I want to gain more strength and some muscle. I also have a huge appetite and sometimes I just get tired of a diet and consume about 10 000 calories in a day.

The most recent picture I have in on my profile

I have been lifting for 70 days so far without any experience.
First day of working out: Bench 5x5x135 Deadlift 5x5x185 Squat 5x5x135 Row 5x5x95 Press 5x5x65
Most Recent results: Bench 5x5x225 Squat 5x5c225 Dead-lift 5x5x275 Row 5x5x185 Press 5x5x135
Log One will be reported today.

You just said in another thread that you are starting 5/3/1.

You were given a lot of good advice in that thread, but whatever, it’s not like I’ve ever played a sport before.

lol fat strength. 70 days and already 5x5 with 225 bench. lol

Not a day goes by when I wish Ethan7x would take that bb.com troll shit to another forum. Shit, even they banned him.

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Not a day goes by when I wish Ethan7x would take that bb.com troll shit to another forum. Shit, even they banned him. [/quote]
X 2

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
You just said in another thread that you are starting 5/3/1.

You were given a lot of good advice in that thread, but whatever, it’s not like I’ve ever played a sport before.[/quote]

I know man but it just does not feel right when I tried the program.

Todays Workout

Squat Work sets 5x5 235
Bench Press work sets 5x4 225 1x2 245
Back Row 195x5x5

Food
12 whole eggs in the morning/ 500ml of milk+3packs of sugary oatmeal+ 1 chicken beast

1 bag of whole milk. 1.2liters

Diner 1 cup of rice and 2 boneless pork-chops

1 50mg Zinc Pill

Whyd you ramp the weight on the last set of bench?

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Whyd you ramp the weight on the last set of bench?[/quote]

I just enjoy experimentation and seeing what weight I can handle.

Today’s Log + Doing some more volume because I skipped one workout during the week.

Legs are too sore I will need then to push the 3 man sled by myself during practice tomorrow.

Shoulder Press 145x5x5

Dead-lift Wanted to go light be decided not to… 145x3(warm up) 225x5x1 245x5x1 275x5x1 315x3x1 - my callused hands were bleeding 315x4x1- the weight is not that heavy but it hurts my hands too fucking bad. Found a piece of chalk 315x5x1 and 335x1-PR

3x30m farmer walks with 65lbs in each hands -heavies dumbbell available at the gym I was at

+1 hour tennis (cardio) for agility purposes (going to do right now)

Then studying and rest day tomorrow.

Why are you playing tennis when youre in football season?

Can someone please move this to the ‘logs’ section?

Or, OP, can you just start a new log there?

Logs > Training Logs

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Why are you playing tennis when youre in football season?[/quote]
Weekend and I have nothing to

Recovery recovery recovery…saturday morning I was absolutely beat up and I played QB I think you should be damn near close to death playing OL and DL lol

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Recovery recovery recovery…saturday morning I was absolutely beat up and I played QB I think you should be damn near close to death playing OL and DL lol[/quote]

how did you know… Good thing I was facing newbies and I could manage to get about 5 tackles and some good blocks during scrimmage

Today’s Log

Squats 250x5x5 … great form 315 goal by then end of month 3

Bench Chest felt sore …225x5x5

Bent over barbel Rows 195x5x5


Football practice

There was strength test for linesman today… Push a 3 man sled by yourself and see how far you can push it.

I destroyed the drill, except there was the sled and a 300 pound college lineman on top of the sled(not the head coach but the Offensive coach)…

Distance pushed

First try 12 yards

Second try 8 yards

Third try 8 yards


Second drill King of the weenie)

1V1 line-man full contact drill …did not lose a single battle except against our starting center and it was an even battle but I just could not get a good grip on him because he is so short. Also I should mention he is probably the best offensive lineman because he has about 8 years of playing experience and he goes to two practises a day…but I must crush him.

I am felt very tired after the drills during scrimmage however I managed to get on sac/ and 3 pancakes …oh and did I mention I killed a 170 pound wide receiver who I tackled head first…

Today’s workout… pre game

Squats 255x5x5

Press 145x5x5

Dead lifts 315x5x5
(I used some chalk and my grip was awesome)

Some static dead-lift work to improve my posture… (lumber curve)

Hey man, just stopping in. I think you need to stop with all this extra shit your doing. It will only hurt you.

In season i think 5x5 is a bit much. Season should be about maintaining your strength. I think 5/3/1 2 days a week would be good for you. When footballs over switch to 4 days a week.

^bam

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Hey man, just stopping in. I think you need to stop with all this extra shit your doing. It will only hurt you.

In season i think 5x5 is a bit much. Season should be about maintaining your strength. I think 5/3/1 2 days a week would be good for you. When footballs over switch to 4 days a week.[/quote]

I have to say I felt very tired during the 3rd quarter but I still managed to get 7 tackles on the RB while he was in the backfield and one sack. Also I faced the weakest 400pound line-man and some shitty center. There will be a game film with highlights at the end of the season to see that I am not BSing.