T Nation

Before You Give Me a 1

Hi there guys and gals.

Well before you decide to give me a juicy fat 1 for my body please allow me to inform you that last year I weighed in at 252 lbs and was a 38 inch waist, I had high cholesteral and hight blood pressure.

I now weight 180 lbs and I am a 32 inch waist. I have a long way to go to reachmy target but credit where it’s due eh ?? Oh and i’m 40 years old.

Nice job getting from obese to thin… what is your target, btw?

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
Nice job getting from obese to thin… what is your target, btw?[/quote]

A before and after picture are usually best when you claim to lose a lot of fat. Please provide them so we can give you something to rate on.

this isn’t the rate my progress section. if you know you’re getting a 1, why bother to post?

oh gosh the cruelty, good job with your effort and achievement thus far!

you’re off to a good start- keep on working out and we’ll see in a year or so!
Paul

you get a solid three my friend

Real good job! If it were for effort id give you a ten…

I gave you a four for taking charge of your health and ensuring a better quality of life in your forties and beyond. Keep going!

D

Just an update really.

Gained loads of weight , but lean muscle mass. Now weigh 92 kilo’s.

Bench 140 kilo 6 reps
deadlift 180 kilo

yes I have put the weight back on but hell I feel better and look better.

[quote]Bona wrote:
graphicsMan wrote:
Nice job getting from obese to thin… what is your target, btw?

A before and after picture are usually best when you claim to lose a lot of fat. Please provide them so we can give you something to rate on.
[/quote]

Yes, a fat picture of the old you would be more convincing.

Good job on the obese to healthy transformation. Lookin’ good.

What did you do to lose the fat?

I used a mix of HIIT, L cartanine and a cut out all the rubbish food I used to eat.

I did have a picture of me holding my old jeans against the slim waist but after a compter crash I lost everything.

Well, you’re on the right track. Your shoulders, traps and arms look really small compared to your chest.

Where did you carry all the fat? In your midsection? I would think your arms would be a tad larger if you were indeed that heavy.

Post a before pic and perhaps I’ll rate you on your transformation. Also, add a few more poses and a leg shot.

Good luck with your goals.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
this isn’t the rate my progress section. if you know you’re getting a 1, why bother to post?[/quote]

Unfortunately I have to agree. While an “A for Effort” is definitely in order, the final product is still a long, long way away. I dont intend on posting in the section for YEARS. A high 7 or 8 on T-Nation is the goal for me right now.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
this isn’t the rate my progress section. if you know you’re getting a 1, why bother to post?[/quote]

definately agree.

i dont understand why people who lose 60 pounds get a 7 when someone with 40lbs more of muscle gets a 4 or 5.

great job losing the fat dude, but you look like a regular guy.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
evansmi wrote:
this isn’t the rate my progress section. if you know you’re getting a 1, why bother to post?

definately agree.

i dont understand why people who lose 60 pounds get a 7 when someone with 40lbs more of muscle gets a 4 or 5.

great job losing the fat dude, but you look like a regular guy.[/quote]

Agreed. This is a bodybuilding site, and OP you really don’t look like a bodybuilder, just somebody that’s losing weight. While that is good, it just doesn’t belong on this section. The beginner’s section would be most appropriate for you, especially if you are interested in bodybuilding.

I don’t understand why he has such a high rating. If he was on a weight loss forum, It’d be more understandable.

Edit: And for crying out loud…this is NOT BB.com!!!

good job

I gave an update to show to increase in muscle mass on the shoulders, chest and arms.

I appreciate your comments, but I dont think that 180 k dead lifts, 140 k bench presses are Mr average do you ?