Before You Can Accomplish Anything...

… you need to lose everything?

While on /fit/,we had an interesting conversation about Frank Yang and his art. Recently there has been a discussion about his latest art piece. An Avant-Garde sorta thing. Bascailly,he lets a homeless guy fuck him in the ass and one of his classmates from art school video tapes it. Its even on his xanga. (Xanga 2.0 is Here! Yang The access to his asshole.

It’s filled with all kinds of special gifts. It’s the vital source of the socks of all the Santas in the World. This Santa is the Platonic, Idealized Santa, where he is eternal and perfect. All other santas are merely copies of his essence.
August 18 at 12:49am) Its all in the name of his art.

Now your probably wondering “WTF” and “Where is this going?” The point of bringing up his latest piece isn’t to ridicule him for his “Art” But to pay respect. Frank Yang abandons all social inhibition to accomplish what he set out to do. He lets neither ethics nor values get in the way. And thats what im going at. Too many of us are letting silly things like “rules” and “morals” get in the way of our goals.

Now im not saying let people fuck you in the ass (thats not my goal either) but whats holding you back from say,talking to a really hot chick at school? Looking for that dream job? Increasing your bench by 10Kgs?

I’ve had a bit of insomnia lately, but I’m going to print out your post and read it before bed tonight.

Thanks.

Lol…that’s “art” eh?

Holy fuck that is beyond stupid. What a freak.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve had a bit of insomnia lately, but I’m going to print out your post and read it before bed tonight.

Thanks.[/quote]
Hows that going to help? Its just going to keep you up thinking all night.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]
Hows that going to help? Its just going to keep you up thinking all night.[/quote]

LOL!

In all honesty, and with a good bit of irony, being an artist has made me very resistant to studying the minds of other artists.

I tried to find a video clip of Yoko Ono screaming. She’s an artist, right?

Here you go, scroll to 1:29

But seriously a homless guy fucking the guy in the ass? Thats…thats…thats pure GENIUS!

Imagine the opposite of taking this girls Virginity…you would arrive upon taking it up the asss from a homeless guy, or something of that nature, I think I get it. I don’t want to see it, the thought is enough to convey the “art” er whatever

[quote]biglifter wrote:
I tried to find a video clip of Yoko Ono screaming. She’s an artist, right?[/quote]
Here you go, scroll to 1:29

But seriously a homless guy fucking the guy in the ass? Thats…thats…thats pure GENIUS!

Imagine the opposite of taking this girls Virginity…you would arrive upon taking it up the asss from a homeless guy, or something of that nature, I think I get it. I don’t want to see it, the thought is enough to convey the “art” er whatever

Frank Yang is to artists as Sid Vicious is to bassists.

Their concepts may be unique, but their actualizations are shit.

My criteria for art is “If I can do it, it’s not art.”

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[/quote]

Yep - Sid could barely fucking play…

What is there to respect about this? His “art” is contrived, takes no talent and elicits no emotions other than the overwhelming urge to kick his pretentious ass.

All this avant garde stuff is bullshit. I watched a video recently where this hipster chick rubs mud and spaghettios all over herself while making stupid noises then cuts a hole in her jeans and pees on the floor. All the other hipsters in the crowd just watched like ‘oh man thats deep.’

That’s not deep. Neither is getting cornholed by a hobo. It’s retarded. And if you talk shit about their “art” you must “not get it.”

What a bunch of jackasses.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
My criteria for art is “If I can do it, it’s not art.” [/quote]

But by that criterion, if you could paint a masterpiece it would not be art. On the other hand, I could never let a hobo bum me, which would make this art.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[/quote]

Yep - Sid could barely fucking play… [/quote]

SHHH! Vicomte might here you and all Hell will break loose!

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[/quote]

Yep - Sid could barely fucking play… [/quote]

SHHH! Vicomte might here you and all Hell will break loose!

lol
[/quote]

Might be too late for that.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
I tried to find a video clip of Yoko Ono screaming. She’s an artist, right?[/quote]

haha!

I remember years ago the Art Gallery in my city the director was getting reamed over an art “peice” she purchased on behalf of the gallery. For thousands and thousands of dollars she got a peice of painted canvas that was basically the german flag turned sideways. Three vertical stripes, thats it… WTF?

Okay, I can be about as deep as a puddle on the sidewalk but three stripes for huge dollars? I DON’T GET THIS! What can that possibly represent to someone?

I don’t get out much lol.

While a lot of artsy stuff is crap (eg that girl who pees with spaghettis and dirt, saw that, it was weak and half hearted) there are a lot of queer artists who redefine things you can take for granted.

You can look at zoos as being pointless.
There are already pictures of animals, right, and lots of it?

But seeing the real thing is a completely different experience.

Exactly the same with provocative art.

Seeing a real dick or a pussy right before you triggers reliably a very strong, measurable reaction in one’s brain.
Strange that people don’t find it particularly offensive to alter their brain chemistry via alcohol to enter a different state of mind, even when it’s to blame for thousand of beatings and trillions of dead brain cells every week.
Queer art is essentially the same, sans the violence.

In theory, we can pretty much do anything.

A guy in my former hometown did this:
he stripped, clipped his finger- and toenails, shaved himself, pissed, shat and ejaculated on a canvas and finally proclaimed, somewhat exhausted: “that is me”.
All this on the most prominent central plaza (a historical no-car, shopping area) with mostly unsuspecting pedestrians watching.

I still think most literally COULDN’T do this if they tried.

There was a lot of outage, especially with the conservative dipshits. As a teenager, that was pointless and wierd to me.
Today, I know it’s good for society and for the mind.

Hey, is it the same guy who had that really hot chick rub herself in garbage and stick a fish up her pooper while getting insulted by some dude?

Shit was tight!

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
While a lot of artsy stuff is crap (eg that girl who pees with spaghettis and dirt, saw that, it was weak and half hearted) there are a lot of queer artists who redefine things you can take for granted.

You can look at zoos as being pointless.
There are already pictures of animals, right, and lots of it?

But seeing the real thing is a completely different experience.

Exactly the same with provocative art.

Seeing a real dick or a pussy right before you triggers reliably a very strong, measurable reaction in one’s brain.
Strange that people don’t find it particularly offensive to alter their brain chemistry via alcohol to enter a different state of mind, even when it’s to blame for thousand of beatings and trillions of dead brain cells every week.
Queer art is essentially the same, sans the violence.

In theory, we can pretty much do anything.

A guy in my former hometown did this:
he stripped, clipped his finger- and toenails, shaved himself, pissed, shat and ejaculated on a canvas and finally proclaimed, somewhat exhausted: “that is me”.
All this on the most prominent central plaza (a historical no-car, shopping area) with mostly unsuspecting pedestrians watching.

I still think most literally COULDN’T do this if they tried.

There was a lot of outage, especially with the conservative dipshits. As a teenager, that was pointless and wierd to me.
Today, I know it’s good for society and for the mind. [/quote]

Well said.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Now your probably wondering “WTF” and “Where is this going?” The point of bringing up his latest piece isn’t to ridicule him for his “Art” But to pay respect. Frank Yang abandons all social inhibition to accomplish what he set out to do. He lets neither ethics nor values get in the way. And thats what im going at. Too many of us are letting silly things like “rules” and “morals” get in the way of our goals.
[/quote]

Yeah. Those god damned “values”, “rules”, “morals”, and “ethics.” Who needs that shit? Let’s all act like selfish toddlers!

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Now im not saying let people fuck you in the ass (thats not my goal either) but whats holding you back from say,talking to a really hot chick at school? Looking for that dream job? Increasing your bench by 10Kgs? [/quote]

You’re not being logical at all. I don’t think moral & ethics are holding anyone back from doing any of the things you listed.

I hope you’re trolling, and I’ve simply fell for it.

P.S. I approve of your avatar, so your post wasn’t a complete waste.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
Hey, is it the same guy who had that really hot chick rub herself in garbage and stick a fish up her pooper while getting insulted by some dude?

Shit was tight!
[/quote]

I don’t know what you’re talking, son, but that’s got to be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard off.

Also, shouldn’t someone pm Frank Young if we’re talking stuff -pardon my french, we’re all artists here- I mean SHIT about him?
I always forget his T-Nation alter ego’s name.