'Before' Pics. See You Again in 8 Months.

There’s a bit of a story here I want to share. If you don’t want to read it, just look at my pics, give me my 1 or 2 and be done with it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been working out for about, 3 years now, on and off. Generally what has happened before is that I’ll hit the gym semi-hard for about 2-3 months, then slack off for some reason (girlfriend, school, work) and only go about twice a week. Then look in the mirror and decide that I need to try to “get it back” and then start up again.

This normal cycle of mine hasn’t happened though, and I’ve found myself over the past 3-4 months, wanting so badly to be in incredible shape. If I have a goal in life right now, it’s to improve my body. There’s only one problem. I can’t seem to make any real big gains.

I mean, yes I am bigger than I was a year ago, but not by much. So over the next 8 months while I’m in school, I’ve decided to try to push myself as hard as I can at the gym. I’ve tried so many different “plans” and set/rep strategies with no real success. Maybe a better pump on some than others, but nothing lasting.

This time I’m going to just eat, lift, and keep it really, really simple.

If you guys have any pointers I’d LOVE to hear them.

Ht: 6’1"
Wt: 178lbs

(I’m just taking a guess on my max lifts here. I’ve never actually done max lifts. Or if I have, it was quite a while ago. So I’m just going to take my 3R max and maybe add a TINY bit to it.)

Bench: 190lbs
Squat: 180lbs (Brutal I know. I rarely work my legs)
Deadlift: 245lbs

Thanks in advance for any criticism, advice, or general flaming you guys may have for me. I just needed somewhere to put down where I’m at now so I can hopefully see some advances.

Front - flexed

Back - flexed

Your lifts suck.

Your a slack off, you dont work out hard, you bench more than you squat.

You fufill practically every sterotype there is.

Im going to guess you wear cutoff T’s.

You need to revaluate your goals, if your serious then go ahead and post, but it sounds like you half ass work out, and if thats good enough for you then thats all good, not everyone is trying to be king of the gym and theres nothing wrong with that, but dont post on these forums if your not really serious.

Good luck with you goals, work on your strength, try a 5x5 program.

You have a decent base, but you need to gain about 20 pounds.

Side - semi flexed… I wasn’t expecting the auto-timer to go off on this one

Legs

I would agree with almost everything you said there Westclock.

I am a bit of a slack off in the gym. I’m not trying to become the king of the gym or anything like that. I want to do this strictly for myself.

Here’s where your wrong.

1. I don’t wear cutoff T’s :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. This isn’t really an excuse for my bench/squat numbers, because it is mostly laziness. But I did screw up my knee a few years back, and doing any sort of heavy squat weight really doesn’t agree with it.

I am going to try and push through that, or find alternatives this time instead of just giving my chicken legs the middle finger.

I hear the knee thing all the time bro.

I tore the little disc my left knee rides on, I couldn’t walk for months and needed surgery.

I still squat like a freaking maniac ass to grass.

You just need to get your form right, if your doing it right there is no need for the knee to even have to handle alot of weight.

If you really dont like squats for whatever reason I know nothing I say will change your mind.

Do leg press, and hamstring/leg curls.

A combo of these two is a pretty balanced workout, throw in some extensions, lunges and calve raises and that will do.

Also work on your deadlift, you use ALOT of leg when you deadlift, its a good sub.

Find a good workout partner, big crazy guys are best.

I train with one guy whos like 170 pounds, its kind of a pain to change the weights all the time, but hes made more gains working out with me than for a few months than he did in an entire year by himself.

Try some variations in your lifts, if your just doing the same thing over and over your not likely to make many gains.

Thank you VERY much for the advice. I appreciate you not completely ripping me a new one. I am definately going to take all of this into consideration.

And I will work on my deadlift. I LOVE doing deadlifts (just started doing them recently) so that won’t be a problem.

Do your legs, it will help to stimulate the rest of your body if you are on some kind of plateau.

I would be curious to see your current diet if you have any, because the problem is probably there.

There are plenty of other sections if you need an advice. You can still post pictures there.

The only reason why people like you are posting here is: “Gosh! I wanna show-off so badly, but just so I don’t get TOO flamed, I’ll assume the “Give me an advice” attitude.”

I don’t see the point of this thread.

How fucking hard is it? Lift. Eat. Sleep

Excuses…just a way of not making yourself feel as bad. Punch yourself in the face everytime you make an excuse for something from now on and you will make gains in ALL areas of your life. I’m not kidding either. You will stop bullshitting yourself and do what needs to be done.

You know what you need to do so just fucking do it.

focus your all on getting a 300lb bench and 400 dead.

read the Dan John archive of articles, full of advice that is simple and works every time

your upper back looks like a less muscular and defined version of mine !

As mentionned, work your legs it stimulate growth and… post your diet.

Funnily enough, he has a better V-taper than you do.
What was the point of your posting your pic anyway?

[quote]zraw wrote:

your upper back looks like a less muscular and defined version of mine !

As mentionned, work your legs it stimulate growth and… post your diet.[/quote]

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Funnily enough, he has a better V-taper than you do.
What was the point of your posting your pic anyway?

[/quote]

his pic was supposed to appear beside mine… comparison purpose… but it looks like it did not

As far as V-Taper goes, I will only say that my posing sucked

/end hijack

Umm, yes, it does. You need to relax your traps (theyre slightly flexed) during the front double bi by pushing OUT.

[quote]zraw wrote:
his pic was supposed to appear beside mine… comparison purpose… but it looks like it did not

As far as V-Taper goes, I will only say that my posing sucked

/end hijack
[/quote]