T Nation

Before and After Working Out Stretches

What is your before and after working out lower and upperbody stretches to avoid injury and to improve form? basically to improve gym performance and avoid muscle and body posture imbalances? video from you that benefit you alot will help thank you!

A lot of folks do DeFranco’s Agile 8. Personally, I don’t have a generic stretch routine. I doubt that many people here do. I just do some dynamic stretches or band mobility work that will target a tight area of my body if it feels too tight before the lift. So for example on Saturday I was prepping for deadlifting, and my hips were feeling tight. So I got on my knees and pushed into my hips for about half a minute. Then I was fine. No injuries. New PR.

This came up on today’s front page and is probably what you are looking for:

Your decision to stretch or not to stretch should be based on what you want to achieve. If the objective is to reduce injury, stretching before exercise is not helpful. Your time would be better spent by warming up your muscles with light aerobic movements and gradually increasing their intensity. The best time to stretch is when the muscles are warm and pliable, which is why I recommend doing it after.